Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Guys, just need to cool the heels here a bit. Nothing untoward going on here, let's support the cause. In my case, i am looking for a tshirt that says 'Brazilian Kids Make The Best T-shirts'
    Always felt better in a tshirt knowing there was some Brazilian kid in floods of tears making it.

12 hour shifts. Less than a euro an hour. Great work if you can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Satriale wrote: »
    I'd recommend anyone reading that article before their next purchase.

most of the stuff is produced in sweatshops ,so the abuse goes further up the chain too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    most of the stuff is produced in sweatshops ,so the abuse goes further up the chain too

I know and I'm as guilty as anyone of buying it, but we've fought long and hard for workers rights in the west, there's nothing to be gained for us or them by going backwards.
    Sorry for dragging OT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

That's enough chat folks, stick to the bargains please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Spoke to an employee in Heatons in carrickmines today , who confirmed twice that you can bring online purchases to any Heatons store for refund or exchange.

Tried a return in tallaght heatons today and was looked at like I had 10 heads! I saw UPS mentioned in a previous post for a return is there a free option any one is aware of or just anpost or click and collect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yikes, it doesn't look good for returns so! It looks like the only option is a UK address and you have to pay yourself!!! That will be expensive!

Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought from here. I certainly won't be buying from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

I presume ye know you can return items using Parcel Motel for €3.50? For retailers that arent listed just select "Royal Mail" as the retailer. I've used it with success to a few shops in the UK

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

DuffleBag wrote: »
    I presume ye know you can return items using Parcel Motel for €3.50? For retailers that arent listed just select "Royal Mail" as the retailer. I've used it with success to a few shops in the UK

I've used ParcelMotel for CollectPlus returns, but how does using Royal Mail work?

Don't ParcelMotel have to pay the RoyalMail postal cost?

Sports direct aren't offering free returns, not even for people in the UKm from what I can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

bk wrote: »
    I've used ParcelMotel for CollectPlus returns, but how does using Royal Mail work?

Sports direct aren't offering free returns, not even for people in the UKm from what I can see!

What PM have or have not to pay Royal Mail is of no concern to me. I just returned my stuff as normal, used RoyalMail and it was done :D It gets sent to the royal mail depot or post box, or whatever it is up north from PM's

DuffleBag wrote: »
    What PM have or have not to pay Royal Mail is of no concern to me. I just returned my stuff as normal, used RoyalMail and it was done :D It gets sent to the royal mail depot or post box, or whatever it is up north from PM's

Yikes!! That doesn't sound good! I don't think I'd risk €80 worth of returns over €10 extra postage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Don't forget PayPal's refunded returns offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Reedsie wrote: »
    Don't forget PayPal's refunded returns offer.

haha

I recently had to raise a dispute as I had received the wrong item (1 out of 10 correct) and the seller wouldn't respond to my emails. in actual fact, they didn't even respond to the initial dispute on paypal. anyway paypal found in my favour but wanted me to send the whole lot back and provide a registered post receipt and that I would have to pay the postage.

is this a new thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Seve OB wrote: »
    is this a new thing?

No it's around quite a while now. There was a thread started about it here in Feb 15.

Just make sure you activate the deal and actually use PayPal to pay for the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

bk wrote: »

I had to return to them once. I had to pay return postage cost via an post. Was about 14 quid registered. As for PM and Royal mail, I did that with another retailer too. I had to buy a label from Royal mails website then attach that to the package and return it using PM's Royal mail returns. It certainly wasn't free but it was a lot cheaper than sending it direct using An Post from Dublin. PM deliver it to the Royal Mail depot and they send it on.

superg wrote: »
    I had to buy a label from Royal mails website then attach that to the package and return it using PM's Royal mail returns. It certainly wasn't free but it was a lot cheaper than sending it direct using An Post from Dublin. PM deliver it to the Royal Mail depot and they send it on.

Cool thanks, I'd be much happier doing that, that sounds like it is completely supported by parcelmotel.

But god, not worth it, certainly won't be buying from sports direct ever again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yes I gave up buying from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

10% of with code WORK10
    ends 6am on monday 7th nov

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

10% of with code WORK10

just after trying it and it not working on my items
    seems to be only for select items ,dunlop ,helly hanson

10% of with code WORK10

just after trying it and it not working on my items
    seems to be only for select items ,dunlop ,helly hanson

Given SD own them I'd avoid Dunlop like the plague not sure about Helly Hanson. Any thing SD owned is never worth the discounted price let alone the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Given SD own them I'd avoid Dunlop like the plague not sure about Helly Hanson. Any thing SD owned is never worth the discounted price let alone the asking price.

Despite being at a low price I've always found Dunlop products to be pretty good quality, generally great value for money.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jeez had to go through 11 pages in BA to find this thread, bring back MEGA threads ! Search engine is dire

Anyway, it looks like Sports direct €12 voucher off €60 spend is back (in GB it's 10 off 50stg spend)

NOVEMBER BLACK FRIDAY 2016. £10 VOUCHER FOR EVERY £50 SPENT

1. Online promotion runs from 00:00 25th November 2016 until 23:59 November 28th 2016 (all times listed are GMT).
    2. All successful orders placed between these dates are eligible to receive a £10 voucher for every £50 spent (excluding postage costs for online orders).
    Spend is cumulative. Example: spend £50 in one transaction and receive £10, spend £100 and receive £20. Each customer can only have a maximum of four vouchers to the value of £40.
    3. Vouchers will be issued automatically upon despatch of your order or on Tuesday 29th November 2016, whichever is the latter, vouchers will relate to the net value of that order, excluding postage fees.
    4. Click and Collect customers will only receive their voucher(s) once their order is in store or on Tuesday 29th November 2016, whichever is the latter.
    Vouchers will under no circumstances be issued for the following:
    • Items that are cancelled from an order or out of stock.
    • Orders which must be placed again after the promotion date.
    • Orders that have been paid either in part or entirely using a gift card or voucher.
    • Orders that include the purchase of a gift card.
    • Orders that include any other discount, offer or promotion including voucher codes and discount codes.
    5. In the event of refunded goods, vouchers will automatically become invalid and cancelled items, exchanges or pre-ordered items will not be counted in the total spend.
    6. Voucher will be issued for and can be redeemed on new season, sale/clearance items.
    7. E-vouchers may be transferred as gifts.
    8. E-vouchers can be redeemed online on this website or in store.
    9. No cash alternatives are available and vouchers are non-refundable.
    10. All E-vouchers are valid from 29th November 2016 to 29th November 2018 and must be redeemed within this time.
    Please see our gift voucher terms and conditions for all queries related to the use of online credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

10-off-deals-slider-ireland.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Is Sports Direct same as JD Sports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nidom

Nope they're separate as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Is Sports Direct same as JD Sports ?

Completely separate company.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

vicwatson wrote: »
    10-off-deals-slider-ireland.jpg

Miserable with their postage. Should have done 20% off.

ah ****e, ordered last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Miserable with their postage. Should have done 20% off.
    12 off 60 is 20%:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Is it 60 after postage, or 60 then postage on top?

• Advertisement

acalmenvoy wrote: »

but it's not 12 off 60

it is spend 60 and get a voucher for 12..... to force you to come back again

hardly worth it as you will loose most of your 12 on postage!!

Advertisement