Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tandcapply

Nowso wrote: »
    sports direct to open old in old boyers shop talbot street soon

Any idea when is soon?
    The sign was up a week ago, but builders still at it and I can't guestimate how long is left.

I'm on the fence for big size shoes, hoping they'll have anything I can try first for a change.

In china they would have built a town by now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

looks like heatons are involved simalar to Navan store which wasnt great when i was in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I wouldn't expect the new Sports Direct store to open anytime soon. They've been working on it for well over six months now and when I passed a few days ago the inside was still a shell.

It has to be one of the slowest redevelopments I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Sportsdirect reopening two story shop in Dundalk retail park soon.

Currently sportsworld upstairs and Heatons downstairs. Heatons closing to allow sports direct expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

is there any actual sports direct shops open yet in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Seve OB wrote: »

Heatons / Sports World are the same company.

There's one being built in Dublin City. But haven't seen anything about when it'll be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tbourk02

Think there is one in Castlebar

Heatons / Sports World are the same company.

There's one being built in Dublin City. But haven't seen anything about when it'll be finished.

I know that. I was just wondering if there were any actual Sports Direct Shops as opposed to Sports World open here yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Seve OB wrote:

A few have opened under sports direct ,I'm finding since they've changed over they've become more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

Passed the one on North Earl St a few minutes ago. Over the last week they to seemed to get the finger out. All the shelving looks up, painting around the door is being done and just a bit of flooring needs to go down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There's one in Drogheda. Cheaper to buy online though

Seems there are officially none here just yet according to their own website

34390159052_63d0c71b87_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sportsworld don't match the website prices, so I wonder will Sports Direct when they open?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is a sports direct in Limerick. It was a sports world upstairs with heatons downstairs now it's sportdirect downstairs and heatons upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

At this stage all of the SportsWorld stores are Sportsdirect in all but the name on the outside of the building.

I have noticed slight price differentials between store and web prices, but they're not huge in most cases, and I'd be about happy to pay it for the convenience of not waiting.

It will be interesting to see if they start bringing the store prices in line with web at some point though, especially if they will offer click+collect deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes, mostly just in the name. Maybe it's like Primark/Penneys. Penneys staff here now have their new uniforms(t-shirts) which say Primark but above the door it says Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Bought 2 pairs of Dunlop canvas trainers for the kids and both are about 2 sizes too big.

Not worth the hassle sending them back just be aware if anyone is buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Pretty certain the Heatons in Naas has the SD logo on their Credit Card reader screen, although the till receipt still says Heatons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

JonnyM wrote: »
    Bought 2 pairs of Dunlop canvas trainers for the kids and both are about 2 sizes too big.

Not worth the hassle sending them back just be aware if anyone is buying.

at least they will grow into them

Said it before here, if SD own the brand look at it in store first. It's a lottery in terms of quality especially shoes. Dunlop , Airwalk, No Fear are but a few I won't buy from them they are cheap for a reason.

They do have good prices on other ones and consistent sizing like DC, Nike etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭magicray

I bought hiking shoes for myself that are too big :mad:has anyone tried to exchange in a Sports World shop by any chance

Its not worth sending them back tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

Walked past the one on talbot street yesterday. Its not that far away from being finished. They are currently fitting it out. Looks good inside with the different brands being split up in sections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

I went into my first bricks & mortar sportsdirect store recently (Lisburn). The quantity of non-SD brands was shockingly low and there were pretty much no deals to be had on any.

I have a good few karrimor running clothes from 4-5 years ago, so tried on some of their t-shirts and shorts. The degradation in quality from good for the price (rather than "good") to crap is astonishing, and the prices have only gone up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭iguot

The only bargain is the one they got themselves on the American expansion deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

treble1999 wrote: »
    Walked past the one on talbot street yesterday. Its not that far away from being finished. They are currently fitting it out. Looks good inside with the different brands being split up in sections

Walked past this morning, overheard someone working there saying it's open Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone know if the new store is open near the Spire?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new store is open near the Spire?

Yes,it opened today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

http://www.sportsdirect.com/Dublin-Opening

20% off voucher for Dublin store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I had a quick look today and it's hard to believe the prices. Seeing €50 for Sketchers/Nike in an Irish store.

Was gonna go in another day for a pair of Sketchers now with this voucher I'll be sprinting in lol Thanks btw

Slunk wrote: »
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/Dublin-Opening

20% off voucher for Dublin store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Where is their Dublin store?

Advertisement