Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Ohhh little update on my tiny baby... just an incy-wincy ray of sunshine but... the amniocenthesis came back negative. So that is one less thing I have to worry about. Saying that, the consultant still wont give him steroids to help him develop as he is still so small. I am putting out big baby bump thoughts for next tuesday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Wishing you and your lil baby all the luck in the world emmab,every day goes by he is getting stronger,dont give up hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Ohhh little update on my tiny baby... just an incy-wincy ray of sunshine but... the amniocenthesis came back negative. So that is one less thing I have to worry about. Saying that, the consultant still wont give him steroids to help him develop as he is still so small. I am putting out big baby bump thoughts for next tuesday. :)

Well that's one good thing Emma, keeping my fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Oh that's good news emma, def something to be positive about. And as Mola1 said, each day that goes past he is getting stronger. Still keeping everything crossed that your babs stays fighting xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Very positive news emma. everyday is a day that is bringing more good news! Thinking of u.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Emmab, glad to hear that you've had some positive news. Hope there will be a lot more of it coming your way.

Edit: After scaring me all weekend by spending hours at a time not moving and then barely moving baby has been making up for it today with a vengance. Kicks, somersaults, hiccoughs... much better. Amazing how you come to rely on the reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

EmmaB, that's great news re: the amnio! You and baby are still in my thoughts x

Squiggler I hear ya, baby had a quiet day on Saturday, I think baby is staying up all night! Last night my husband could feel baby kick while I was asleep! :eek: I think it was sweet that daddy and baby got a bit of alone time, he was delighted :D

In other news my antenatal app went well, I was actaully given guidance on preparing a birth plan and asked if I'd like to have baby delivered to my chest and what method of feeding had I chosen. The hypnobirthing book is freaking me out a little but it also has some lovely messages e.g. about making your unborn baby feel welcome, loved and wanted. I was crying reading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Sunshine - Did you sort out your trip to Dublin yet? I dont know any of the stores that you mention but I would aim for Blanch. Arnotts would only be a section rather than a whole shop if you know what I mean and I find some of the shops in Dundrum small. But if you wanted to stay in Dublin City Centre, the Arnotts one id the best bet for you so you dont have to travel too much. If you want any suggestions for hotels or whatever let me know

Fran 79 - congrats on the baby boy!!!! :D

emmabrighton - great to hear your news getting better and better. Thinking of you

I have to attend the gestational diabetes clinic tomorrow morning in Holles St. I dont know what to expect. They said when I was there last time that because my BMI was high, they were concerned I may develop it so they booked me in there. Not really sure what to expect but I am worried about it. I havent been told to fast so I am guessing they wont do the test.

There is a thread about packing a hospital bag on the Pregnant forum somewhere which i found quite helpful. I wrote up a big list and brought it down. I have started getting bits and pieces but havent actually packed any of it

A lady in work is a expert on Hypnobirthing so I bought her a coffee the other day and had a chat with her. She gave me some really great advice and gave me a birth plan templete that she used so I have to sit down and do that too. I am reading the Mongan Method Hypnobirthing book which is very much up my street but I think a class will also be something I should do and OH has said that 'if it will help me to do what I need to do, he has no problem coming with me' :D - just received a mail back from someone I mailed about classes so I'll go and do that now

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Hi ladies, hope you are all keeping well.

In to hospital this evening with a bleed and cramping. Fingers crossed for baby. Took bloods, done an internal exam, my blood pressure low. Baby moving but more 'placid' than they would like. Just have to wait and see what is going on now.

Emmabrighton delighted to hear some good news at last. Still praying for u xx

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

SupaDubaFly sending you gentle hugs.
    Hope your ok this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Sending you all the best supadupafly. Im sure everything will be fine you are in the best place x

Brilliant news Emma one less hurdle to worry about. Fingers crossed for you x

Sorry cannot help you minty with the diabetes clinic but most people do not tend to have it so im sure you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hope all our september mammies all feeling Ok today? is anyone else babs keep waking them up at 3.30-4am? mine has got into a bad wee habit of kicking the life out of me at that stage of the morning and between baba and his daddy snoring his head off beside me I was fit to murder this morning;) I reckon it was after 6 before he settled down and I dropped of to sleep and then alarm went off at 6.50:eek: Have an awful bad feeling babs could be an early riser if this routine continues, I have a friend whose 3 kids are early risers she often talks about having beds stripped, floors hoovered and washed etc before 6 in the morning as she is up with the kids anyway, please dont let that be me!!
    Sunshine im not sure where abouts in the country you are but in the outlet in Banbridge there is a clearance mamas and papas so if you set your heart on some of their furniture it might be worth a fone call to banbridge to see if they had stock and maybe you could save a few quid? might be miles out of the way for you but just said I would mention it anyway. www.the-outlet.co.uk/stores/mamas-papas
    Also I am reading a bit about people getting braxton hicks?? what are these like and has any of our september mammies got these yet? not sure what to look out for ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Supadupafly, adding you and babs to my prayers. Hope all will be well.

This baby is an angel at night so I really hope it is true about sleep patterns being established during pregnancy. Maybe stays awake a bit later at night than I would like sometimes but stays nice and quiet until 7.30 or so and I'm usually up at 7. Lots of daytime activity and movement.

A few Brazton Hicks here, they're not painful, just a bit weird/uncomfortable.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi ladies, hope you are all keeping well.

In to hospital this evening with a bleed and cramping. Fingers crossed for baby. Took bloods, done an internal exam, my blood pressure low. Baby moving but more 'placid' than they would like. Just have to wait and see what is going on now.

Emmabrighton delighted to hear some good news at last. Still praying for u xx

SupaDupaFly, I hope things have calmed down for you. You are in my thoughts. x

Hi girls,
    Thanks for all the well wishes. Spotting stopped and everything looking good.

Had to get anti d injection because I am rhesus negative. Scan today and baby measuring 2 days ahead. Nothing to worry about.

Was great to see HIM jumping around :-)

Found out its a boy, we are both delighted.

Fingers crossed smooth sailing from here on in.

Wishing you all well

Xx

Great news supadupafly. Congrats on the boy.:D
    I am rhesus negative too and had to get anti d after my first pregnancy.
    Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will be less eventful.

On the braxton hicks, I got them after 30 weeks and found them
    quiet uncomfortable. But they pass after a few seconds. They are painless
    for most people.

Fantastic news SupaDupa! Great to hear that all is well again!

Supa - thats great news!

I found out on Wednesday I am rhesus negative too. I had a hospital appointment and got to read my chart finally. They did very thourough blood work and was good to read it all. I think I was measuring 5 days ahead and doc said everything looked 'boringly normal' which i was very happy to hear

Enjoy the weekend ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Hey yummy mummy's to be hope your all doing well.
    Thanks for the replys on the mamas and papas thing prob won't even buy anything but a look won't hurt!! ; )

Having one of my worrying days today baby a little quiet today which really stresses me out but it was lively enough yesterday. Does anyone else get that?

Went to my GP Thursday and baby seems transverse at the mo and she said that would explain why my bump appears low. She was thinking the weight might be low also but the scan I got at 24 weeks showed the baby's weight to be bang on. So she is going to see me again in two weeks and see from there. Im trying to talk my OH into having another private scan cos I'm a bit freaked out he's reluctant tho after our last ordeal. I feel a scan would relax me again I hate not knowing what's going on.
    But on a more upbeat note finally in my 3rd trimester!! What due dates are ye? I'm the 12th sept (please god)

Yeah sunshine, there are some days when babs is really sleepy that I dont feel anything. Although it could be days too that I'm so busy I dont notice the movements. Either way I still think the private scans are the way to go if you can afford them

How does everyone feel about getting a list of due dates together? I think it would be really interesting as we go along?

I feel like crap today. Sore throat, blocked nose, coughing and gagging and sore all over. I can't get comfortable, I'm not sleeping properly and I'm so tired. I try not to whinge but some days it gets to me. Hopefully here is the place to whinge without feeling to guilty

Emma - any news with you lately?

• Advertisement

I think a list of due dates is a great idea. It will be so exciting when someone goes first!
    I'm due the 29th so 14 weeks to go. Can't believe it!

I hate days when baby is very quiet. It's hard not to get freaked out, but usually I get a nice swift kick as if to say stop worrying, I'm fine :-)

Minty Doris hope u feel better soon. Make sure and take it easy.

Girls you have got to help me with names! We are hopeless. Now that we know its a boy I thought I would have lots of ideas but I don't. We like Jacob but I'm not pushed about it.

Help!!

Ok, I'll make a post up of dates if everyone wants to post up their dates

Thanks Supa, it seems all too much for me today.

Isn't it mad to think that the time is flying in! My phone app says I only have 94 more days til my due date :eek:

We're not finding out the sex and we have the girls name picked since even before I was pregnant but the boys name is impossible to find. I could tell you 1000 names that I don't like but nothing I do

I hate days when I feel like that. I feel like I can't moan to my friends about anything because none of them have babies and just don't get where I'm coming from. Thanks god for boards eh? :-)

Time really is flying, now that I'm down below 100 days I'm beginning to freak a little. Hopefully the next few months fly for us all.

Minty we had a girl's name picked, and middle name! Now that its a boy I'm totally lost. Don't like the sound of any boys names and doesn't help that OH suggests names like Zane or Cole! Really! :-)

The due dates thing sounds a great idea!!

My dates gave the 30th Sep, my first scan the 26th and the second scan the 24th.

I am actually running a guess thread on my facebook page of when the little one will make an appearance. I guessed the 18th (as first was early). Its had a great response and is good for a little bit of fun.

Going to baby fair in Waterford today, (Tower hotel 11 - 5pm) so hopefully will have a good day out.

Hope everyone is well

Oh Fran, let us know how ther baby fair goes. We are going to the one in the Plaza Hotel in Tallaght at the end of next month. I'll put your date as the 30th Sept for the due dates and go from there?

Next month is all baby focused with the antenatal classes, baby fairs and the likes. The poor OH will be all baby talked out. He tries so hard to keep his interest up but sometimes you can just see the eyes glaze over. :rolleyes: Although, I overheard him on the phone to his family abroad yesterday and he was all talk about the hospital appointment and dates and what we had bought etc

Im due the 28th, my first scan said the 21st so im just saying sometime that week.

Supa my baby has quiet days too but just give it another few weeks when it gets cramped in there and you will be wishing for those quiet days.:D

I have no names picked either hoping to find out the sex in three weeks.

Hope you feel better soon Minty. This weather isn't helping with all the
    bugs going around.

Hey Supadupafly glad to hear it all went well at the hospital. :) Its so scary!

MintyDoris - I have nothing to report so thats why there have been no updates. I had a real craving for bacon and cabbage today and now i feel like I am going to explode :)

I am going into the rotunda for another scan on tuesday and if the baby has put on weight, then they will keep me in. Its so scary because I really hope they will. He will be 27 weeks tomorrow and he needs to weigh 500g or they will send me home again.

My EDD is 24 September, hopefully I will make it to that day but I reckon my little boy will be one of the first to arrive :)

Ah dates, its getting so close now, less than 11 weeks for me, due 6th. bet I'll be the last one standing (or waddling like a duck) tho!!!!:D

Minty, I think my OH is ragged from the baby talk!
    Supa dupa we've boys names and no girls names!!! don't know what we are having though!

Emma B- I had have mad bacon and cabbage cravings! apparently its a sign of a red haired boy baby! That'll put weight on babs like nothing else, i have to have white sauce with it, its a great meal really, iron, calcium and protein on one plate no wonder you'd crave it!

Mintydoris - yes the 30th will be fine (lol - its my birthday too!!)

The baby fair was good - not too busy so my 4yr old could get a little away from me without me panicking. He got his face painted and got a massive spider balloon model made! He insisted it came to bed with him lol

Quite a decent freebie bag too!!

Re names - hubbie picked one which is growing on me, but I still have a few niggles, but I cant think of anything which I prefer. He choose the first boys name too which I really liked despite it being after the dog in family guy. The new babys name has a few links to Knight Rider, but can be seen as religious also.

emmaB good luck with the scan on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

hi all, love reading all of your updates. All going well with me despite a bit of back pain, but thats all part of it I guess!
    My due date is 21st Sept.
    We know what we're having...well the doctor told us he was 99% sure but his body language and tone of voice didn't convince me at all so I'm trying to keep an open mind in case we get a surprise! I'd love to get another private scan to confirm it but don't know if I can justify the money. My hospital have a policy of not confirming the sex.
    Have the name sorted (if it is what we think it is) but unfortunately its the same name as a family cat! Ah well, the cats not going to be around forever!
    I got loads (I mean looooads) of baby stuff from my sister-in-law last week, there was so much I found it kind of overwhelming (8 nappy boxes full of clothes for 0-3 months plus lots of other equipment and gadgets). I know everyone tells you babies need lots of "stuff" to make life easier, but seriously I think its gone a bit mental. I might be eating my words in a few months and buying up every gadget on the market but I can't help but think that me and my siblings were brought up without all this gear and it did us no harm. Is a lot of the stuff aimed a new mums just scare mongering and clever marketing?

Advertisement