Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Is anyone else roasting!?! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Enjoying a lovely glass of non alcoholic wine outside in the evening sun. : ) It's amazing how a little sunshine brightens people up! enjoy the weekend ladies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

elaney wrote: »
    Ah Emma try not to worry. Easier said than done. I cannot believe they would make you wait that long for an appointment, the health service in this country is a joke!

Thanks so much everyone for their thoughts. My family have been really good and were ringing everyone who had half an idea about babies which was lovely. My sister-in-law rang her friend who is a midwife and she was able to give me loads of information so I was able to go to my appointment with a bit of information so it wouldn't be a complete waste of time.

To be honest, though, my questions did no good. She answered them, so I am informed but at this time I couldn't do anything for the baby. Bed-rest at this time is old fashioned so they dont do that any more. Maybe when I get to 27 weeks, then they will think of it. I cant take any steroids to help the baby develop its lungs until 26 weeks and they dont test for gestational diabetes until 28 weeks.

They did reassure me that I would be monitored every 2 weeks but that is it for now. I just feel so helpless.

I can feel baby kick today but if he is not constantly kicking, I start to panic. Still, now its friday evening... woohoo, nearly monday! I never EVER EVER thought I would ever look forward to monday so much!!! :rolleyes:

@Emmabrighton best of luck tomorrow hope it goes ok for u. I know it's stressful but hopefully you'll get better news tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Just nosing in here... Emmabrighton I was given the steroid injections at 23 and a half weeks for baby's lungs... Also I was never on full bed rest but was advised to keep my feet up as much as possible at that stage too. It was for different reasons to you, but their plan was to repeat the steroid injections after 30 weeks if needed (I'm 34 weeks now). Hope tomorrow goes well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Best of luck today Emma. Hope all goes ok and you come out from the appointment more reassured and happy. Keep us posted...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Thinking of you today. Best of luck Emmab .

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hi all

EmmaB, thinking of you today, hope app. goes really well x
    Supadupafly, jaynee you have been through the mill! Hope you are keeping well too!

Yup Minty Doris, I'm feckin burning up! I was practically naked going about yesterday! :D I'd this horrible dress on but it was the lightest thing I own. It was so bad that I got an awful slagging about it from my family. So much for a supportive environment!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Good luck today Emma.

Wow, am not loving this heat! Can't seem to catch my breath at all. I'm still wearing a lot of my own clothes rather than maternity clothes but the ones that fit me aren't really suitable for this weather so I'm going to get a couple of maternity tops/dresses this evening I think.

Had a scan on Tuesday. All well with the baby. Tried to find out the sex but baby wasn't playing ball. The midwife said it would only be a guess which wouldn't be fair on us but then went ahead and guessed anyway:eek: I had another appointment on Thursday and the consultant did another scan for me and was able to tell. The first midwife had guessed right!!

Have had a week from hell with sick kids and sick OH. Both kids had infections and some kind of bug. I had to take the week off work to look after them all, as I was the least sick of the lot of us! Treated myself to a nice afternoon away from them all yesterday at the Rockin Road Festival in Drumcondra with some friends.

Emma - best of luck today. Thinking of you x

Yup Minty Doris, I'm feckin burning up! I was practically naked going about yesterday! :D I'd this horrible dress on but it was the lightest thing I own. It was so bad that I got an awful slagging about it from my family. So much for a supportive environment!!!!;)

Same!!! I had an 'interesting' assortment of clothes on me this weekend. I looked like someone had thrown the contents of my wardbrobe at me and some of it stuck. Only 1 or 2 things fit me now.

The swollen feet, the digestive discomfort (for those around me more than myself) and the general absense of energy due to lack of sleep are the highlight of this week. The movement has moved up a notch which I LOVE!

The OH pointed out a cute picture of a newborn on a pack of baby wipes yesterday and i will admit, I did start to panic a little. I mean, I am going to have one of those. To look after. By myself. And we made that happen. And I wont be able to give it back. And I have to protect it. It will depend on us

Poor OH wished he had never said a word I reckon :D

• Advertisement

I hear ya on the digestive discomfort, Minty! I think I'll re-name myself Chicago! :D

We collected our buggy and car seat yesterday, when I saw the little straps for the car seat and the tiny little head support I nearly flipped! I just cannot imagine a scenario where I'll be putting someone that small into a car and driving around with them! Jaysus the responsibility of it all! :eek:

Last week I couldn't wait for baby to be born and now I just want to keep it safe and sound in my belly. . . . its going to be a long next few weeks I think!!!!

I hear ya on the digestive discomfort, Minty! I think I'll re-name myself Chicago! :D

Renaming yourself Chicago - hahahahahahhaahha, nearly fell off my chair
    We collected our buggy and car seat yesterday, when I saw the little straps for the car seat and the tiny little head support I nearly flipped! I just cannot imagine a scenario where I'll be putting someone that small into a car and driving around with them! Jaysus the responsibility of it all! :eek:

Its things like that - sends me into a tizzy!

Hey guys, thanks for all your well wishes yesterday. I have a quick favour to ask. I have to go for an amniocentesis today so I need a liberal sprinkling of baby dust to make sure baby stays safe and the results come back negative... I'm really worried

*****Baby dust infused with love and best wishes on the way to you EmmaB*******

Oh Emma, you poor thing. Lots of baby dust & prayers going your way. The very best of luck today and I hope your OH or someone else is going with you today. You definitely will need the support. Have everything crossed that all turns out just fine for you. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

emmab, thoughts are with you today. Hope it all goes well. x

Thoughts are with you today Emmab, Hopefully all will be fine.
    sending you loads of baby dust xx

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

My thoughts are with you Emmab, loads of ***baby dust***

Emma - thinking of you today. Have a candle lit for you and looking forward to reading that it all went well for you x

Hope everything goes ok Hun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Sending lots of baby dust and prayers your way emmab. X

*****Baby dust infused with love and best wishes on the way to you EmmaB*******
    jeeney wrote: »
    Oh Emma, you poor thing. Lots of baby dust & prayers going your way. The very best of luck today and I hope your OH or someone else is going with you today. You definitely will need the support. Have everything crossed that all turns out just fine for you. xx
    Squiggler wrote: »
    emmab, thoughts are with you today. Hope it all goes well. x
    elaney wrote: »
    Thoughts are with you today Emmab, Hopefully all will be fine.
    sending you loads of baby dust xx
    TRISHKA wrote: »
    My thoughts are with you Emmab, loads of ***baby dust***
    MintyDoris wrote: »
    Emma - thinking of you today. Have a candle lit for you and looking forward to reading that it all went well for you x
    Hope everything goes ok Hun!
    Sending lots of baby dust and prayers your way emmab. X

Thanks so much everyone for thinking of me and my tiny little blue bump. They put a blue dye into the amniotic sac to test to see if I had a ruptured membrane that I just hadnt noticed . So, currently junior is blue. The amniocentesis hurts like a bee sting but it is totally manageable. I was so afraid to move just in case they ended up stabbing the baby that I was paralysed from the wrist down. I could use my hand to squeeze my OH hand until my knuckles went white but that was it. But, if anyone has to have it done, it really doesnt hurt so don't be afraid.

I had to wait a couple of hours to see did the dye run out which would indicate a rupture. It turned out that this is the case but they have also sent a sample of the fluid for testing for genetic disorders. They could also see that his kidneys are developed so that is not the problem.

Most likely it is the membrane rupture which has occurred before 23 weeks and there is now very little fluid there :( So, I am not sure how to take it from here. Everyone in my family is praying for my baby but he is so small and so young that I just don't want to get too hopeful just in case I have to say goodbye soon :(

Any lots of love to you and your bumps for all the support

x EmmaB

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Emmab,
    Well done for getting through the test and having a positive attitude about it. Fair play to you for being so brave! I really really hope baby is just fine and everything works out for the best. Fingers crossed for u and the little bump xx

Fairplay to you Emmab for getting through the test at least its over now.
    Take each day as it comes Emmab and take care of yourself. I will be praying for the both of you xx.

Emma you really are being very brave about it all, well done for getting through it ok. Still sending that baby dust your way. Really hoping ur little baby pulls through. We are all thinking of you here x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Emma, i really hope things work out for you and thinking of you and your oh and your little baby, x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

EmmaB, praying for you, baby, your partner and your family. Take good care of yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi all

Hope things are going ok for you EmmaB.

Just phoned the hospital today to find out what was happening about my 20 week scan (as suggested by my GP). They were a bit shocked to hear that I was 23 weeks and had not been invited in yet / received my scan appt letter - nor was there anything on "the system" about it. They did have the details about my first visit in March, but nothing else.

The receptionist put me on hold and spoke to midwife who wants me in for scan asap (not that my GP thinks there are any probs but hey). So have an appt for 2 weeks time - I will be 25 weeks.

Does make me wonder whether anybody due at a similar time to me has also not had their appt letter yet and are still waiting.

Sorry for the rant - I know it seems small compared to others problems at the mo.

Wow Fran, that would really make me wonder what is going on in there. Did you ask them why they think this happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Mintydoris
    I didn't think to ask them untill after I had put the phone down to be honest. I was still a bit shocked by the news that there was nothing on for me. I phoned up assuming that I would be told that there was a bit of a backlog or that my appt was such and such a time and that the letter was in the post.

Advertisement