Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So it looks like Telltale were working on TWAU 2 before it closed but original devs had no idea of the reveal last night, at least not all of them. Some original devs brought onboard but mostly new team it seems.

I wonder how much of the original game/story is kept and what changes the new game will have. Hopefully the sequel won't be affected too much.

https://twitter.com/Butterwomp/status/1205343739897450498?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Waking up to TWAU2 yesterday was a very pleasant surprise. Loved that game. Even with Telltale's jank it was dripping with style...

It introduced me to the Fables comics too which are very good.

J. Marston wrote: »
    It introduced me to the Fables comics too which are very good.

Same here, wish they ended with the dark ages or war and pieces though. Pity the folks reading issue to issue for the first 12 or 13 volumes as they were gripping stuff but after that it went to poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

J. Marston wrote: »
    How has no-one jumped on the Destruction Derby remake/battle royal train? It could be massive fun and from a business standpoint, it's ripe for microtransactions for customising cars etc.

Bugbear haven't figured out how to get 100 cars onto the same map at the same time without crashing. Everyone else is looking at Wreckfest and don't want to take a chance on doing it better than them. That's what I reckon anyway. Plus, the Demolition modes on Wreckfest are just 16 player Battle Royales really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just an FYI, Untitled Goose Game is out on Game Pass now. HONK.

You can start the download here.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just an FYI, Untitled Goose Game is out on Game Pass now. HONK.

You can start the download here.

Also on the PSN store now. 25% discount for launch price. 15 euro until the 2nd of January when it goes back to 20 euro.

Wonder what this will mean for the series.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1208129459553001473?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wonder what this will mean for the series.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1208129459553001473?s=19

Probably don't want to eventually end up in a situation like Benioff & Weiss who ran out of talent when their source material ran out.
    It's obvious that they will make more Witcher content.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ERG89 wrote: »
    Probably don't want to eventually end up in a situation like Benioff & Weiss who ran out of talent when their source material ran out.
    It's obvious that they will make more Witcher content.

Bit of a different situation since the book series is long finished and they've never been using his content much really, the games are fan fiction sequels to the books basically.

Maybe we'll get some games based directly off the books or maybe he likes what they did in the games and wants to write more books using some of their ideas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'd say that they're just doing their due diligence on this, the author has already successfully sued CDPR over this (well, they settled), so I'd imagine that this is just to put the settlement on a more formal basis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

LMAO reports emerging that WWE 2k20 isn’t actually working this morning due to some New Year’s glitch :pac:

This is either a very funny NYE gag spread on social media or the y2k of glitchy, half-assed wrestling games. Either way, worth sharing.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/wwe-2k20-crash-error-wont-run-in-2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

LMAO reports emerging that WWE 2k20 isn’t actually working this morning due to some New Year’s glitch :pac:

This is either a very funny NYE gag spread on social media or the y2k of glitchy, half-assed wrestling games. Either way, worth sharing.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/wwe-2k20-crash-error-wont-run-in-2020/

Y2K20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Game are going to announce 40 store are being closed in the UK.

Badly missed after they pulled out of here, the guys in Limerick were great.

But it is becoming harder and harder for the physical stores to survive. Pretty soon it will only be bespoke back lane stores like vinyl.

Smyths and Argos (non gaming retailers) will always be good with their buying power. The state of Gamestop well tell you everything you need to know about gaming focused stores. I do miss my weekend trip into Game in Limerick.

This game completely went under my radar, hopefully it's just a timed exclusive to xbox and pc. Would be sickened if Don'tNod became an xbox games studio.

https://twitter.com/TellMeWhyGame/status/1215347284470161408?s=19

WB teasing their next game which people seem to think is Batman Court of Owls. They did this months ago and it came to nothing. Looks to be starting up again. Either they are **** at teases or something happened previously that caused a delay.

https://twitter.com/WBGamesMTL/status/1215351861613670400?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    WB teasing their next game which people seem to think is Batman Court of Owls. They did this months ago and it came to nothing. Looks to be starting up again. Either they are **** at teases or something happened previously that caused a delay.
    Or some sort of Star Sector reference :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At this point it will be a next gen game or cross gen.

Speaking of, when do you think we will start seeing more next gen game announcements? E3 or any console reveals before then, including rumoured studio acquisitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Where else but E3?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Where else but E3?

I think Sony will have a PS5 reveal in the next few months like they did PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That Origin (now owned by corsair) PC with the 3 consoles built into it is getting kinda released.

You can't get the huge thing with all 3 consoles built in but you can get either a PS4 pro built in or a Xbox X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Final Fantasy VII Remake is delayed from March 3 to April 10 while the upcoming Avengers game is bumped from May to September, publisher Square Enix said this morning.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1217088252403953665?s=19

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hopefully they've delayed that Avengers game in order to try and make something interesting instead of that snoozefest of a generic 3rd person action thing they demoed last year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A Tetsuya Nomura game getting perpetually delayed.

Never saw that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The thing about that Remake delay that has me worried is it's so short. Especially in game development there's surely no problem so small that you can just request a month delay and hope for it all to be resolved?

Does that make sense? Like when I heard TLOU2 got a big delay it made me think it must have some pretty bad tech debt they didn't anticipate, but they gave themselves a lot of runway to resolve it all so it will probably be fine.

This short a delay this sudden and this close to release feels like a red flag. I'm not concern trolling cause I really like where they are going with some of the stuff here. I also though Kingdom Hearts 3 was excellent so I don't share the cynicism about Nomura's projects.

I read a comment over on ResetEra where someone reckons they will just delay this again close to the April launch if things are still not looking good. They pushed it out of the fiscal year so it's not a super great sign

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-vii-remake-delayed-to-april-10th.164670/post-28232080

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Ace Combat 7 was delayed for a short period so they could add a new song to the final mission which turned out to be for me the stand out game music track of last year. Could just be some simple game improvements or a bug they hadn't anticipated. Could also be the game failing the security checks from the platform holder. Doubt it's much to be concerned about.

Weird how the demo was leaked with a ton of info, people expecting the demo any second and then the game is delayed. I'll have a week to clear resi 3 and a week to clear ff7 to make room for Cyberpunk. Resi 3 shouldn't be an issue but no idea how long ff7 will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

What's peoples opinion on Square Enix and these two games, FF and Avengers? Like how big a deal will these games be?

They'll be massive for their shareholders. Whether they are good is another thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero interest in either of them for me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement