Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

What? free access? how? Gimme

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

nix wrote: »
    What? free access? how? Gimme

If you updated your Origin account with 2 step verification, you will get 1 month free. I can't even remember doing it as i don't use origin which made it all the more confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had 2 step set up but didn't get anything.

Not sure if it was an option when I did set it up but changed from email 2 step to app authentication, generally choose that over email as some of these places are slow in sending those codes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Maybe it's only for users who haven't subscribed before? I remember getting Access bundled with my Xbone, and used it to try out NFS '15.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,131 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hate youtubers and their ott reactions but this was really interesting hearing about the emotion that goes on behind the scenes.
    I enjoyed that video, but the way Hana Hayes reacted to the violence throughout made me think I've become desensitised to it.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed that video, but the way Hana Hayes reacted to the violence throughout made me think I've become desensitised to it.

It's mad to think she was about 12 or 13 filming that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, this was me. Got an email saying i redeemed a month of origin. Instantly reset my password, checked all over their site to see what happened and in the last section before submitting a ticket to them, i saw a note saying "are you asking about a free month we have given you??" Link. Jesus, just tell me that in the email in the first place!

https://kotaku.com/ea-scares-the-hell-out-of-origin-users-into-thinking-th-1839958273?utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook

Same, exact same! Even though I've a secure pw and tfa enabled...

I did find one anomoly though, when I go to their help page, and sign in using my psn ID, it signs me in there with someone else's account... So better raise that with them!

I thought Sam Lake was just the face of Max Payne 1 but saw him on Twitter thanking people for control praise. Looked him up and he was the chief writer for max Payne and control as well as being creative director for remedy. I know it's not news exactly was to me. Between that and the nominations Control got, must check it out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That voice is Rhys Darby right

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Varik wrote: »

Yea, sounds very like him. Looks cool, shame I don't have 2 grand's worth of hardware to be able to play it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »

He tweeted the trailer for the game a few times so I guess so

https://twitter.com/rhysiedarby/status/1197640448656826368

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This will be the first game I properly indulge in a Let's Play as the primary means of experience (yes yes, I'm a fogey); that'll be weird. I don't imagine I'll lack for options anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

epic game store (PC) has a black friday sale, some decent offers on it, like RDR2 Borderlands 3, Outer Worlds all at reasonable prices, Metro Exodus is 20 quid too.

Blair Witch game coming to PS4 on 3rd December. Anyone play this already and recommend it?

Played it on Gamepass it's only OK , wait for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Played it on Gamepass it's only OK , wait for a sale.

Agreed, also game pass is actually very good for what it is, a great way to try AAA games I would not have considered before.

the steam controller is 90% off in the steam sale - works out just under 19 euro delivered to your door, pretty decent bargain.

Rumors of a Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 and 2 remaster lately as 'inside information' leaked that there was playable code going around the Activision offices. Then a pro skater recently said in an interview said "he has another one coming out and I'll be in that too" after being asked about her role in THPS 5.

I never played 5, one of the rare times I've fully trusted reviews for a game i actually wanted to play. Also, i never saw it cheap enough to give a go.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1199055421006401538?s=19

Not sure I'd buy it but those were great back in the day, watched a recent Tony Hawk video where he went through some of the biggest skateboarding appearances in movies. From police academy to back to the future.

Of note was that he was in half of them and more recently he was will ferrell's double when he went on the half pipe in Daddy's Home, in the movie CGI will ferrell hits a powerline but in reality Hawk split his leg open.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

the steam controller is 90% off in the steam sale - works out just under 19 euro delivered to your door, pretty decent bargain.

I read that the controllers are being discontinued, that this offer is for the last batch of controllers made & ever will be

Bought the Link + a Controller a few years ago but never quite settled on the Link; cool little gadget but was too lazy to even fire up the laptop half the time :D

pixelburp wrote: »
    I read that the controllers are being discontinued, that this offer is for the last batch of controllers made & ever will be

Bought the Link + a Controller a few years ago but never quite settled on the Link; cool little gadget but was too lazy to even fire up the laptop half the time :D

Yeah i did the same with the link, ended up selling it on :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got one ages ago and could not get on with the weird touch pad thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was gonna pick one up just cause it was cheap, but they seem to be all sold out now. No matter, t'would only have become another dust-gatherer I'm sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Slight delay on Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe, announced in a manner entirely to be expected:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Codemasters have bought the Project Cars studio. So finally PCars with Grid controls will make it playable on controllers, hopefully.

Hope this is true, mad to see what the fuss is about.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1201570525497167872?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Overrated over-hyped boring bandwagon sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thargor wrote: »
    Overrated over-hyped boring bandwagon sh1te.

That’s HONK just HONK like HONK your HONK opinion HONK man HONK HONK HONK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement