Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

204974.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

20443014.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

If David Vonderhaar hand delivered this to my door and apologised in advance, I still wouldn't pre-order this.

I'm not the only one that felt raped after MW3 - this for me will be a couple of months after countless reviews job. If it's good, I might get it after January or something and even at that, it better be something that sucks me off and makes me breakfast every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

fry

204988.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    If David Vonderhaar hand delivered this to my door and apologised in advance, I still wouldn't pre-order this.

I'm not the only one that felt raped after MW3 - this for me will be a couple of months after countless reviews job. If it's good, I might get it after January or something and even at that, it better be something that sucks me off and makes me breakfast every morning.

Blops was better than both MW2 and MW3, so I'm gonna just assume that since treyarch aren't retarded that it's gonna be good, IW's next iteration though probably won't be great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The thing that worries me is that blops was a disaster for months after release. Connection issues, constant crashing and game freezing. It was unplayable a lot of the time. I think it was over 4 months before it could be played properly. I going to hold off buying it until I've played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jet Black wrote: »
    The thing that worries me is that blops was a disaster for months after release. Connection issues, constant crashing and game freezing. It was unplayable a lot of the time. I think it was over 4 months before it could be played properly. I going to hold off buying it until I've played it.

I can remember a few niggles but nothing that stopped me from playing, not that I remember anyway. Suppose a quick look at the megabitch thread would give us an idea how bad it was

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I get kicked out of every game I joined for the 2 weeks before I sold it

and the frame rate issues....lol that was a huge problem

I never got any of those problems aside from the connection error, and that was fixed fairly sharpish, it didn't last 4 months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I never got any of those problems aside from the connection error, and that was fixed fairly sharpish, it didn't last 4 months anyway.

Same still have connection problems but that's crappy eircom for you. Other than some perk and hit detection problems the game is real solid in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah that's true, as much as I thought BLOPs was an all round better game than MW2/3, when I take off the rose tinted glasses there were huge connectivity issues, especially with zombies. And what compounded those problems all the more was Treyarch being seemingly disinterested in fixing the problems, but perfectly happy to dole out DLC...or maybe that was Activisions doing.

Anyway, here's hoping that they fix the hit markers and bring back the dolphin dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I got it on ps3 initially and traded it not long after for the 360 version, which looked much nicer and didnt have as many lag issues. I dont think I'll get this on launch day, way too many issues with COD games.

on the plus side, COD4 on ps3 is running marvellously at the moment, not on hacked lobby the last few days, bye bye mw3, hello balanced awesomeness.

krudler wrote: »
    I dont think I'll get this on launch day, way too many issues with COD games.
    Bang on the money, and hopefully if enough of us do this they will learn to get the game right in production and not after release..
    Maybe they'll give each game a life of two years instead of one.

Wishful thinking probably

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bang on the money, and hopefully if enough of us do this they will learn to get the game right in production and not after release..
    Maybe they'll give each game a life of two years instead of one.

Wishful thinking probably

a new COD every 2 years, 18 months at the least, would be the way to go, people will still play the current game, theres still tons of people playing COD4 and thats 5 years old.
    I'd much rather wait 2 years and have a well made product thats actually working and tested for gamebreaking features than something thats rushed through for a specific release date no matter what and is a complete clusterfcuk from day one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

So after a week of "will BLOPS2 be delayed etc", today it is official...

West and Zampella have settled with Activision and both parties look to be moving on.

Strange stuff that relationship - Activision actually paid people to dig up dirt on West/Zampella just to find an excuse to fire them.....really dodgy stuff. Probably wanted to get rid of them somehow when West/Zampella didn't agree to send their baby down the yearly crapper...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

On a monthly business there is a report of one kind or another of how used games are ruining the industry and its clear as day that Activision and companies like it are the ones doing real tangable damage to both the people within the industry and any snuff or creativity left.

They are the industrial revolution eqivialnt that put the artisans out of business.

Big business, mass production on a hugely fast scale focused soley on profit margins sucking up any spark of a good idea and milking it into the gears of the big machine for every penny its worth then move on to the next.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Connection was grand for me early on in BOPS life cycle tbh.

hightower1 wrote: »
    On a monthly business there is a report of one kind or another of how used games are ruining the industry and its clear as day that Activision and companies like it are the ones doing real tangable damage to both the people within the industry and any snuff or creativity left.

They are the industrial revolution eqivialnt that put the artisans out of business.

Big business, mass production on a hugely fast scale focused soley on profit margins sucking up any spark of a good idea and milking it into the gears of the big machine for every penny its worth then move on to the next.
    Yes! And we want MOAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

ugglasdav wrote: »

Not a bad fan concept creation.

• Advertisement

Not bad but not official either.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Not bad but not official either.

Thank God it's not official. It's terribly bland

This picture was posted on twitter and has something to do with Zombies in Black ops 2

http://twitpic.com/9qtvyx/full

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

This picture was posted on twitter and has something to do with Zombies in Black ops 2

go back 2 pages

It's just promotional art to give us a boner for zombies.

ugglasdav wrote: »
    go back 2 pages

I can't go back, I've already went forward and there is no stopping me now

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm having such a good time
    I'm having a ball don't stop me now
    If you wanna have a good time
    Just give me a call

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Headshot wrote: »
    Just give me a call

tumblr_lq402fumrs1qbrrf8.png

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    I'm having such a good time
    I'm having a ball don't stop me now
    Just give me a call

Weirdo.

Read that in you're singing voice. Guess that makes me a weirdo too. Sigh :(

• Advertisement

Re-watched the trailer again last night and have to say I liked the comment about how the military become too dependant on 'modern' technologies. Their stab at IW perhaps?

Advertisement