Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

-Ade- wrote: »
    Weirdo.

Read that in you're singing voice. Guess that makes me a weirdo too. Sigh :(

The weirdest thing about it is that you are apparently serenaded so regularly by him that you know his voice from memory...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Black ops single player on at E3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I like the new HUD, was time they changed it, looks a bit different also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Black ops single player on at E3 now

Thought it looked rubbish, that Xray scope better not make it into multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iMuse wrote: »
    Thought it looked rubbish, that Xray scope better not make it into multiplayer

mg if that makes it in MP it has to be one of the dumbest thing cod has ever done and man they have many of them already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

Where are you guys watching this? Has anyone got a link? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

When is microsofts stream happening? Has it already ended?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

LaVail wrote: »
    When is microsofts stream happening? Has it already ended?

Yup, its finished.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya thought it was pretty meh myself,more of the same really.

Yup, its finished.

:(

• Advertisement

If I may say so myself, the guy playing was meh. Trying to use the Quadrotor gun run at random and silly times. Timed it wrong and didn't show it off all that well.
    LaVail wrote: »

I'll upload the BO2 showcase and post it here for you to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    If I may say so myself, the guy playing was meh. Trying to use the Quadrotor gun run at random and silly times. Timed it wrong and didn't show it off all that well.

I was thinking that myself... They didn't show off the action bits very well and even using the drone seems like a lot of effort. You'd think it would only be a one button press to tell it to move up (Like up on the D-Pad) instead of putting away your weapon to use something on your wrist.

I'm not sure which one I'll be playing come November, Halo or Blops...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I presume Activision renewed their contract with Microsoft, correct?

As for the vids, meh.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'll take that as a yes so.

-Ade- wrote: »
    I'll take that as a yes so.

Yep, they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That video was alarmingly uninspiring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

The reason people are finally being thrown off this year is the realisation that "Call of Duty" is no longer Call of Duty. Simple as that.

Is that a bad thing? It depends how you look at it. The foundations, theme and atmosphere of a CoD game has been eroded over the last number of years to the point where instead of that novice, inexperienced private in a boatload full of horrified kids storming a beach in France amid ablaze of gunfire during one of the most documented events in our history has transformed into a science fiction Terminator-esque sequence in Hollywood Los Angelas where you're a James Bond super soldier taking five minutes out of your busy day to save the world single-handedly with a straw and piece of cardboard.

The "Am I going to survive? :(" has turned into the cheesiest of action movies. CoD has now left the genre completely with this iteration that nobody can deny there is now a niche in the market strangely. I honestly thought Medal of Honor looked like a better game overall. It's all so bizarre - fans have been haggling for a return to the CoD4 gun-on-gun gameplay for years but it just seems that with each passing edition, that request becoming a reality just looks further and further away. And why wouldn't it? There have been so many studios involved in it to this point that it could be called the village bicycle - Infinity Ward don't even make the maps anymore, Raven do. It's just a brand name at this point - the mechanics and feel of a CoD game are long gone.

Yeah, I will be gladly waiting a while, maybe summer to pick this one up on the cheap.

I hate that it's going far to futuristic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

People either give out about it being the same every year, or there being too much change. lol.

Any news on respawns cod killer?

Just watched blops2 there and didn't think much of it...Gonna wait till I see multiplayer gameplay before making my mind up though.

Nope.West and Zampella were there alright but didnt take the stage. EA gave them a congatulations :rolleyes:

God I thought we were gonna see some bit of a presentation from them at e3. Regardless of whether its a cod killer or not, I am interested to see what they come up with. Guess we have to wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Meh.. nothing exciting! same old america is under attack..

American hero's will inevitably win!

Just bring on the MP stuff so we can start bitching about whats wrong with it!!

Some new info about Zombies.

1. There's only going to be 1..... YES....ONE!!!!!!!! MAP. It's going to be huuuuuuuuuuge, apparently.
    2. No more space monkey sci-fi stuff. The new setup is in the American countryside with small dotted towns in a post-Apocalyptic world ala Left4Dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Can't watch the vid till later but the idea sounds kinda cool

Booooooooooooooooooooo

Nazis or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

meh, I like that they've moved away from the WW2/Vietnam era stuff but it just looks like any generic future set fps now. oh look a mission beginning with you in a vehicle thats attacked,same old same old. if the MP turns out to be good I'll pick it up but this may be the first COD since MW2 that I wont be buying on launch

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    meh, I like that they've moved away from the WW2/Vietnam era stuff but it just looks like any generic future set fps now. oh look a mission beginning with you in a vehicle thats attacked,same old same old. if the MP turns out to be good I'll pick it up but this may be the first COD since MW2 that I wont be buying on launch

Yup. In fairness unless you're a CoD nerd or hardcore fanboy past the point of pathetic (trust me, they are out there) *shudders*......there is no reason whatsoever to have anyone gnawing at their nails over this in November.

Just look at what is coming this year - first we have Far Cry 3 in September and that is supposed to have an unbelievable multiplayer (you can even create your own maps - something Activision would laugh you out of the building with if you asked them for a map editor being the money grabbers they are). Then Battlefield is releasing some serious DLC (biggest map ever with AC130's). Then you have Borderlands 2 in towards the end of the year if that's your thing, Halo 4, Resident Evil 6, Assassins Creed 3, Hitman Absolution, Metal Gear Solid are all releasing around the same time as BLOPS2. Not to mention after Xmas with more FPS's like Bioshock. Don't forget GTA5.

More than enough entertainment to get you well into the new year so that you can pick this up on ebay for a couple of quid - and keep the money in your pocket when this Elite scam is being built up again. By that time they'll already have everyone's money and the hype will well and truly be over with some new info be released on the grand spanking new CoD on Xbox720.

Advertisement