Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This is a CoD Black Ops 2 thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

-Ade- wrote: »
    This is a CoD Black Ops 2 thread...

9531l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Reddit points something out about the quality of blops 2....

360 head spin? Cutscene fail.

STBhK.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Could be an owl man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Some sort of augmented future warrior?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Clearly possessed!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Call of Duty: XP won't be coming in 2012
    Call of Duty: Experience (Call of Duty: XP), a convention hosted by Activision to celebrate the Call of Duty series, will not be running in 2012.

The convention, which first began in 2011 in Los Angeles, allowed Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games to showcase their upcoming game (at the time it was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3) to fans as well as host a $1 million gaming tournament.

The event also offered live performances, Call of Duty multiplayer matches, paintball, jeep off-loading, and a full scale replica of Burger Town from Modern Warfare 2.

An Activision representative confirmed to Polygon that there will be no Call of Duty XP event this year.

"Last year's Call of Duty XP was a great way to celebrate our Call of Duty community and reveal Call of Duty Elite," the spokesperson said. "Each year we try to surprise and delight our fans and this year we are planning to host some new experiences for our fans around the globe including at Gamescom later this summer in Cologne, Germany. While its possible we may host another XP in the future, we don't have plans to hold the event this year."

The next Gamescom will be on the 15th of August I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Vargulf wrote: »
    Call of Duty: XP won't be coming in 2012

The next Gamescom will be on the 15th of August I think.

prob so people wont see how broken the MP is until launch day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well people saw how broken it was last time and what was done to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

New Multiplayer details

The Create-a-Class section in multiplayer received a major overhaul. Instead of having different slots for primary, secondary weapons and such, Black Ops II uses an overall point allocation system, where players receive ten points to spend on guns, attachments, perks, equipment and so on. Think Homefront or Counter-Strike in the vein of having a set amount of resources to use on your loadout.

This allows players to completely customize their character in multiplayer. It also goes in line with what Game Director David Vonderhaar teased in a recent behind the scenes video.

Vonderhaar explained, the multiplayer mode’s new “create a class is sweet” because it now enables you to “choose what’s the most important things to you, and forget about the things that are not important.” He went on to note, “This will open up doors for playstyles you have not seen. It’s going to be fantastic.”

For instance, you can pick two primary weapons with their attachments, but this leaves you with only one perk to choose, as primaries, obviously, take up more points than secondaries, grenades, or perks.

Another scenario is to jack up your loadout with perks, leaving you with only a knife in your arsenal so that when you pick up a gun, you’d be loaded for bear.

In addition, a new wager match type of mode was on display. A massive free-for-all mode, where players only have a machine pistol and an EMP grenade. Players have to hack drones (turrets and the like) in order to to get them to fight on your side. Players can get more EMP grenades by scavenging them from fallen enemies.

http://mp1st.com/2012/06/10/rumor-major-black-ops-ii-multiplayer-changes-will-use-a-point-allocation-system/

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    prob so people wont see how broken the MP is until launch day :pac:

:confused:

The vast majority of people who went to CoD XP last year had mostly positive things to say about the game, sure, everyone here pretty much was too based on the earliest of footage. Except me, and was called negative in the process too : p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

^ don't know what to make of it, looks like it has potential but to be fully honest, the guy presenting it who also played the E3 stage doesn't present the game all that well IMO, though I can see how it can be fun, regardless, I don't like the sound of it being a mandatory thing, I would like to see you Pack-A-Punch a Quadrotor for something like '115 Locust' or something like that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    ^ don't know what to make of it, looks like it has potential but to be fully honest, the guy presenting it who also played the E3 stage doesn't present the game all that well IMO, though I can see how it can be fun, regardless, I don't like the sound of it being a mandatory thing, I would like to see you Pack-A-Punch a Quadrotor for something like '115 Locust' or something like that. :P

"Mandatory" is a loose term when it comes to call of duty, you'll be able to skip every mission if you so choose, but it's mandatory in the sense that for the full game to be played you have to make a choice on which strike force option to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

"Mandatory" is a loose term when it comes to call of duty, you'll be able to skip every mission if you so choose, but it's mandatory in the sense that for the full game to be played you have to make a choice on which strike force option to play.

^ Makes better sense than "Play this mini-game!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    ^ Makes better sense than "Play this mini-game!"

And to be fair, you can just play it as a guy on the ground anyway, if you're playing the campaign through it's not gonna make a blind bit of difference, though the strike force mode really interests me.

Ranked dedicated servers have been confirmed for the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

Treyarch’s director of technology Cesar Stastny made the announcement via Twitter earlier today:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hmmm interesting

pity about the game itself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Well it's official - Infinity Ward are now 100% finished with the Call of Duty franchise. Their services are no longer required by Activision. Raven will take over as the sole studio with the responsibility of releasing the remaining DLC before BLOPS2 launches.

Treyarch are now the top dogs. They "own" the CoD name - nobody could of foreseen this 5 years ago lol....but stranger things have happened. Looks like Activision recognised the mess that was MW3 and called it a day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well the servers are a point in its favour. I'm still far from getting it on launch day though, MW3 has ruined CoD for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Well it's official - Infinity Ward are now 100% finished with the Call of Duty franchise. Their services are no longer required by Activision. Raven will take over as the sole studio with the responsibility of releasing the remaining DLC before BLOPS2 launches.

Treyarch are now the top dogs. They "own" the CoD name - nobody could of foreseen this 5 years ago lol....but stranger things have happened. Looks like Activision recognised the mess that was MW3 and called it a day.

Link?

• Advertisement

:confused:

https://news.google.ie/news/story?q=Infinity+Ward&hl=en&prmd=imvnsz&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=475&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dTkC2cwVkvRlATM4mfXx70MEMaYaM&sa=X&ei=evfcT5TFL4uWhQeVraGjCg&ved=0CCwQqgIwAA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Lesson here is don't smoke crack.

Real news is the makers of Tony Hawks latest game are now involved in CoD.

Below is a preview of the upcoming game.

wXryp.jpg

After painstakingly examined the image, I have come to the following logical conclusions:
    American flag reversed to avoid future lawsuits over potential copy write infringements. Also potential plot point where the game is an alternative universe. Until you olly of statue of liberty.
    Highest difficulty will forgo kneepads, wristpads and elbowpads. Helmets are mandatory so as to keep it an 18 age rating.
    Enemies will be most likely mounted on segways which will be customisable once bought via non-inclusive DLC. Like this.
    And finally the explanation of the ending
    The humans are but pawns in a personal mobility war between antiquated but dependable technology (skateboards) and mobility scooters representing an unknown future. The final shot is a horse stepping on a skateboard and crushing it with menace in it's eyes, leaving the door open for a sequel.
    The credits roll.
    A film by M Night Shymalaan,
    A film by M Night Shymalamalan
    A film by McG.
    The audience riots.
    IGN give it 8.9.

Cheese; more dangerous than crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Lots of interesting stuff here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Link?
    yimrsg wrote: »
    Lesson here is don't smoke crack.

Real news is the makers of Tony Hawks latest game are now involved in CoD.

Cheese; more dangerous than crack.

I seen it on the Gunnshop. (I shouldn't of said official as in official official - my bad) I should have said "word on the street but really a fact of the matter) is that Activision are putting Infinity Ward to work on another project and away from the CoD brand for the foreseeable future."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭klose

He's only a bellend that gunns4hire, very unlikable and is basically just a rumour mill 24/7.

Unsubbed to gunns a few months ago. Beyond tedious. His drama with spiderbite was the final curtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Unsubbed to gunns a few months ago. Beyond tedious. His drama with spiderbite was the final curtain.

Yeah, I saw they had a falling out. What happened there?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw they had a falling out. What happened there?

Didn't say, nor did Spider. Gunn's uploaded a whiny, yawn bonanza vid kinda skirting the edges of what happened without really saying anything. Both sounded like bitches, more so Gunn's and that when I unsubbed to him. Shame, NGT is more or less dead (I know it's still there as such but it isn't the same), back in the CoD4, WaW and MW2 days it was actually very good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Appartenely nuketown will be back....so the rumours go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Appartenely nuketown will be back....so the rumours go

Yeah I seen that on twitter - the only catch is I also heard that it would be free with pre orders meaning it will be a DLC i.e. people have to pay extra for it

what a scabby way to squeeze more money from fans

All rumors of course but no smoke without fire etc

Advertisement