Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minnesota Vikings????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Last mock draft I saw had QB's one and two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Christy42

D9Male wrote: »
    Last mock draft I saw had QB's one and two.

Are they any good though? The last two drafts have had qbs go 1 and 2. There is a big difference in how I would rate both years in terms of a qb draft class though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Sam Bradford! Did not see that coming.

Not sure what that says about the confidence around Bridgewater's recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Not sure what that says about the confidence around Bridgewater's recovery

With an ACL injury he will miss one year anyway. I think this time next year he might start some training on it. So 18 months is a fair guess. Needed to bring someone in.

I am in a minority in welcoming the trade. Plugging along with Sanchez or Hill had me pretty down. I think Sam B is a good QB. Our defence is peaking in the next two years. I hope Bradford prevents them from being wasted.

• Advertisement

No, I mean, I welcome it. I had written the season off and accepted a .500 with Hill, win 8 lose 8.

I'd love us to go pick up Eric Kush after the rams cut him. Real competitor, not a bad center, could help out on the O Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

No, I mean, I welcome it. I had written the season off and accepted a .500 with Hill, win 8 lose 8.

I'd love us to go pick up Eric Kush after the rams cut him. Real competitor, not a bad center, could help out on the O Line.

Jesus centre would be the last position id ever consider picking someone up! 3 decent lads there already.

This season has got exciting again, win or lose. Will be a bummer next May, but anyway, at least the enthusiasm is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I see Mobo made it to the PS lads... it must be a pain to see 2 lads drafted (Beavers 4th round!!!) only making it to PS.

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Jesus centre would be the last position id ever consider picking someone up! 3 decent lads there already.

This season has got exciting again, win or lose. Will be a bummer next May, but anyway, at least the enthusiasm is back.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Kush change position, let's see what Chicago do with him.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I see Mobo made it to the PS lads... it must be a pain to see 2 lads drafted (Beavers 4th round!!!) only making it to PS.

Not fussed about Mobo, a pick that late is a gamble. He has something physically but they realise he is way off in terms of being NFL calibre, no issue giving him a year to develop in the PS.

Beavers was a bad pick, a Sparano pick apparently. He has the physique, maybe he comes back better next year, maybe it was a waste. I don't think either are a write off just yet.

• Advertisement

Dunno whether to be depressed that a 4th rounder cant make the roster or delighted as its a sign our roster is finally that deep. I'm edging towards the view that beavers is crap sadly. Still though, good players like Tre Robertson and Toby Johnson couldnt make it either. There's a reason we've been 11-1 in preseason in the last 3 years and its not just because Zimmer likes to win everything

Ian Rapaport is claiming on his twitter feed the players have been briefed that Hill starts. Make sense, give Bradford another week. That said, not much pressure in your first game being at home vs the pack !

Have so much love for this defence. A few Waynes cock ups aside, they were just epic. Or possibly it's Zimmer thats epic. The Schemes drawn in the second half just looked to have the Titans offense nailed. Pity Norv can't seem to match Zimmers brillance at the moment. Looked a poor enough plan on offence, executed poorly by most, not least AP. Diggs was good, and starting to love Theilen, so dependable. Will have to hope Bradford will be ready next week though. Winning the turnover battle by that much just isnt sustainable, no matter how good the D is or how little chances they take with Hill. You'd imagine it'll take 24 points at least to beat GB

We've carried over the redzone problems from last year. That's the biggest concern, I was hoping Treadwell would give us a big target at the business end of the pitch but either he isn't ready or we are being super cautious with him.

Have to get more creative with the plays we are calling for AP. Straight up the middle on 1st and 2nd down was so obviously not working for a lot of different reasons. Change it up Norv.

While the run blocking kind of sucked, the pass protection was pretty good. I think we need to look to start Bradford, no use moving the chains if we can't score or have to rely on a flaky Blair Walsh.

We've carried over the redzone problems from last year. That's the biggest concern, I was hoping Treadwell would give us a big target at the business end of the pitch but either he isn't ready or we are being super cautious with him.

Have to get more creative with the plays we are calling for AP. Straight up the middle on 1st and 2nd down was so obviously not working for a lot of different reasons. Change it up Norv.

While the run blocking kind of sucked, the pass protection was pretty good. I think we need to look to start Bradford, no use moving the chains if we can't score or have to rely on a flaky Blair Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Have so much love for this defence. A few Waynes cock ups aside, they were just epic. Or possibly it's Zimmer thats epic. The Schemes drawn in the second half just looked to have the Titans offense nailed. Pity Norv can't seem to match Zimmers brillance at the moment. Looked a poor enough plan on offence, executed poorly by most, not least AP. Diggs was good, and starting to love Theilen, so dependable. Will have to hope Bradford will be ready next week though. Winning the turnover battle by that much just isnt sustainable, no matter how good the D is or how little chances they take with Hill. You'd imagine it'll take 24 points at least to beat GB

Zim is so so good..... delighted he is a HC at last and his D is still on fire.

Got the win, which is almost all that matters. Maybe losing AP will force us to change up the play calling on the run game.

To all those who talked sh1t about Bradford. Ha.

To all those who said our O Line was terrible. Umm..yeah, you're right.

I don't know how long we can keep finding ways to win behind Kalil and Fusco. That was the worst of the worst last night as far as O Line performances are concerned.

I was a big fan of the Bradford trade, but that exceeded my expectations. He threw so well under constant pressure. Diggs was lights out.

Our D looks like they are playing to prove a point.

Great win and performance, but we will never win a January game with no O line and no running game.

Zim talked about finding ways to win in his post game locker room speech, like he knows we are very limited on the O Line.

The packers through everything at Bradford last night, if he keeps it up teams will be forced to respect him and forced to play a little deeper. That may give us some space to get Asiata or McKinnon generating something on the ground.

Don't know how the injury system works, can we promote someone from the practise squad? Do we bring in CJ Ham as a 3rd option?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Adrian Peterson has a torn meniscus and no timetable for his return. I didn't see the game last night but did hear that AP got banged up.

• Advertisement

This stat worried me a little bit:

Minnesota only averaged 2.1 yards per play on snaps where Diggs didn’t touch the ball.

The run game is muck, and the play calling does not help. Every man and his dog knows that 1st down will be (or would have been) AP straight up the middle. It improved in the second half but not by much.

Thielen looks good, i still think we can get more out of Patterson and Rudolph who is either brilliant or awful , often in the same game.

We should get more production on the ground as team back off to respect Bradfords arm and underestimate Asiata/McKinnon on the ground. AP's injury might be a blessing in disguise from the perspective of how opponents line up against us.

Yes, i am on the purple kool aid.

Vikings have Ronnie Hillman on board. Definite talent, but the Broncos saw something which made they want to release him. Interesting to see if he gets any game time.

Interesting. Broncos saw something to release him, but also enough to give him the rock repeatedly in their playoff run.

If we can get our passing game to distract defences, I would trust him more to move the sticks more than (say) Asiata.

There's a video of the presser on the vikings website, either Coach Zim is playing down his arrival or he barely knew he was coming! I hope he works out to be more than just cover. Talented guy who could catch fire if given the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Looks like we can find ways to win. O Line needs some work. Defence and special teams are on fire. Bradford doing good. 3-0 and looking like we can improve. Potential.

Finding a way, that's pretty much it. At HT I thought we were dead and buried.

Injury to Boone is a worry. Run game is a worry...but, the pass rush and special teams turned this one round for us single handedly!

Great defensive performance. We really turned it around after the first quarter and a bit when Cam seemed to be on fire. That safety was the turning point I think. It is tough to get too excited about our offence, but remember that Carolina D is full of studs, and we will have a lot easier time of it in some games.

I haven't been this optimistic in a long time.

Very good again defensively, and decent offensively. 95 (or was it 85) yds on the ground for McKinnon and Bradford 262yds , over 70% completion, O Line were pretty decent. All in all very solid. Excellent performance from the secondary.

Bring on the Texans. Someway, somehow there will be heartbreak ahead, because it's the Vikings, but for now I'm feeling very confident!

• Advertisement

I have nearly zen-like confidence. Even the O-line didn't suck, although I don't know how good the Giants' pass rush is.

Bradford was savage last night. Really, really good. I have always been a fan. I don't think we would look this good with Teddy, and it looks like a good trade so far.

Advertisement