Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 142

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The Germans get UFC PPV's for free on www.ufc.tv

Might be useful for anyone there or with access to a German proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dean09 wrote: »
    Yeah same here.
    Even at every UFC event both Goldie and Rogan spout off the same stuff over and over again. That's why I'd love to see the commentary teams mixed up for different events.

Did I hear something about Jon Anik and Ken Flo commentating on FX shows or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I think from now on whenever a thread is started on an event, all the links should be in the first post and the thread title should say "Links in OP"
    That way people have no excuses for not having a link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wait, how many times did they have to weigh in? Didn't Johnson pass his "official" weigh in of 205lbs?

Was this an unofficial pre-fight weigh in or something?

I think a pre-fight weight update would be very interesting. We would see what these guys put on after their weight cut.

I think the severe weight cuts are not good for the competitors in the long run....

S.

Heart: Terry Etim

Head: Barboza by 2nd rd TKO

• Advertisement

Jon Anik hosts the UFC on FOX events. I did enjoy the Kenny Florian commentaries the few times he stood in for Joe Rogan. Wouldn't mind him doing this more often.

Did I hear something about Jon Anik and Ken Flo commentating on FX shows or something?

Yeah a while back I saw them both cageside commentating but it wasnt broadcasted over here. It must be for another channel but I'd much prefer them for a change to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I think a pre-fight weight update would be very interesting. We would see what these guys put on after their weight cut

Vitor is at 205 now according to Dana & Johnson is at: 211. No excuses can be made now.

Very much looking forward to this fight. Barboza and Etim two of the best LW prospects in the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,126 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Have a cheeky one on Etim by sub at 5.3 here.

I think a pre-fight weight update would be very interesting. We would see what these guys put on after their weight cut.

I think the severe weight cuts are not good for the competitors in the long run....

S.

It might not be a bad thing if they changed their practices and made it necessary to be on weight on the day of the fight.

I mean, when you think about it, it shouldn't be about who can dehydrate themselves and be light the night before, it's all about matching guys up with guys their same size to give them a proper match up.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Have a cheeky one on Etim by sub at 5.3 here.

Not a bad bet. Some amazing value flying around last time out, including Diaz by TKO at 16s (gutted it didn't come through :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Why do they do kilos for the weight but not centimeters for the reach?

It might not be a bad thing if they changed their practices and made it necessary to be on weight on the day of the fight.

I mean, when you think about it, it shouldn't be about who can dehydrate themselves and be light the night before, it's all about matching guys up with guys their same size to give them a proper match up.

IBF in boxing have the best rules. They have two limits. The championship limit (24 hours before the fight) and another weigh in the morning with a limit for that aswell.

Weighing in the day of the fight is horrible, when your a fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

They do lbs for weight, no?

unknown13 wrote: »
    IBF in boxing have the best rules. They have two limits. The championship limit (24 hours before the fight) and another weigh in the morning with a limit for that aswell.

Weighing in the day of the fight is horrible, when your a fighter.

They had to today though.

It begs the question............. why didn't Vitor and Johnson just both decide to fight a LWH when the fight was announced? :P

They had to today though.

It begs the question............. why didn't Vitor and Johnson just both decide to fight a LWH when the fight was announced? :P

Because then Johnson probably would've weighed in at 220

We should ask Roy Nelson. He'll work it out for us.

Also, he'll tell us that Anthony Johnson has 300cm reach!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    They do lbs for weight, no?

They are doing both lbs and kgs tonight

I've noticed that if an event is held in a country that uses the metric system, they'll show both lbs and kgs. But if it's being held in the US then they only show lbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

I hope Etim turns it up a bit here. I've liked him in all his fights but he looks like he's over-thinking a little too much in this. He could take it if he worked a little bit more and let go of the nerves.

• Advertisement

FFS Goldie stop saying Rio DAY Janeiro!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Ariani's looking.. perky tonight

FFS Goldie stop saying Rio DAY Janeiro!!!

Just stop talking completely would work too

BOOM. KTFO

HOLY SHÍT!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Knockout of the night

Knockout of the year has been won in January again

Wow!!!!!!

We will be seeing that KO for years and years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

My stream froze for about 10 seconds... I missed the KO :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Boom baby

Advertisement