Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 142

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The PPVs have been starting at 2am for a whle now, but they've moved back to 3am. It started back with the last event, Overeem v Lesnar.

The bastards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Is there one more prelim? there repeating the first fight now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

Crazy really that the Brazilians are willing to go and watch fights at midnight until 4am or so. I didn't even know they were only two hours behind us until tonight. I'm very tempted to go to the next UFC event there, I'd say it would be a mental place to go and watch a load of fights.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Sintel wrote: »
    Is there one more prelim? there repeating the first fight now.

Yup, one more here then we go to TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Crazy really that the Brazilians are willing to go and watch fights at midnight until 4am or so. I didn't even know they were only two hours behind us until tonight. I'm very tempted to go to the next UFC event there, I'd say it would be a mental place to go and watch a load of fights.

Come the summer here it will be a 4 hour difference after we go forward an hour and they go back an hour for the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Anyone got a stream pls, away from home tonight

Pm very much please

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If a UFC event was scheduled for 10pm - 4am here the tickets would sell out in 2 minutes.

Imagine all the lads pre-drinking and then hitting the fights? Or going out first and then strolling down to the O2. It'd be messy as hell but it would sell out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Come the summer here it will be a 4 hour difference after we go forward an hour and they go back an hour for the winter.

Mind = Blown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

Minstrel27 wrote: »

ngbbs4bdcf37493cd8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mocathain

any link

• Advertisement

mocathain wrote: »
    any link

It's been posted at least 4 times in the thread.

ouch

For fúck sake Joe will you shut up about the cups??!!!
    Every event it's the same script!

Sintel wrote: »
    ouch

Didn't mean to come across like a dick but come on, the thread is 11 pages long! Just read it or even scan it for hyperlinks.

We don't want another night like the last one where every 3rd post was "What time will the Lesnar fight start at?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Didn't mean to come across like a dick but come on, the thread is 11 pages long! Just read it or even scan it for hyperlinks.

We don't want another night like the last one where every 3rd post was "What time will the Lesnar fight start at?"

I think he meant the solid kick in the balls :P

I was referring to the kick to the stones :D

It should just be edited into the OP to say Prelims are on Facebook for free, just 'like' the UFC page. After that, it moves to UFC.tv, you need to sign up for free. Then we go to the telly for the Main Event.

It should just be edited into the OP to say Prelims are on Facebook for free, just 'like' the UFC page. After that, it moves to UFC.tv, you need to sign up for free. Then we go to the telly for the Main Event.

Yup!

Or people could have a bit of common sense :P

Ya reckon Tavares is happy with that win? :pac:

Yup!

Or people could have a bit of common sense :P

I think posting a link in the OP is a much easier suggestion! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

*shudders*

that was horrible lol.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't make a difference, people just skip to the last page of a thread and ask for a link without bothering to look. I wouldn't expect someone to trawl through a thread searching for it but a it of common sense wouldn't go amiss.
    The Lesnar-Overeem thread was a joke!

Dean09 wrote: »
    For fúck sake Joe will you shut up about the cups??!!!
    Every event it's the same script!

I used to listen to his Podcast a lot but I stopped because i'm not sure if the guy has been smoking so much weed and completely forgets what he's been talking about as soon as it's left his mouth because for every 2 hour Podcast, at least half of it is stuff he's spoken about in massive detail before!

Dean09 wrote: »
    The Lesnar-Overeem thread was a joke!

What time was that fight on at?

I think posting a link in the OP is a much easier suggestion! :pac:

When i'm the one who starts the thread for an event, i always put all that info in the OP.

But you still get people asking. A lot of the time people don't bother their arse even reading the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Stout was robbed, Tavares never had him in trouble or even hurt him.

well that me done until I can afford espn :D until then its youtube in the morning. Good night.

What time was that fight on at?

Depends whether it was summer or winter and what part of Brazil you were in!

I used to listen to his Podcast a lot but I stopped because i'm not sure if the guy has been smoking so much weed and completely forgets what he's been talking about as soon as it's left his mouth because for every 2 hour Podcast, at least half of it is stuff he's spoken about in massive detail before!
    Yeah same here.
    Even at every UFC event both Goldie and Rogan spout off the same stuff over and over again. That's why I'd love to see the commentary teams mixed up for different events.

"Anthony Johnson takes a huge leap up in competition!"

Yeah, 2 whole weight classes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Advertisement