Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 142

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Rogan's really on a roll today! "It was so unprofessional of him to do that, but you're class Vitor, I had no favourite in this fight".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Johnson can wave goodbye to his UFC career.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Rumble Johnson v Ricco Rodriguez at KFC, Kentucky Fighting Championships, coming soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »

And if it is it'll only be overturned to a No-Contest.
    yeah, I know. Match bets will get refunded for a NC, but not for DQ. Win method bets remain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Shogun's wife, hello there, where have you been all my life? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Shogun's wife, hello there, where have you been all my life? :eek:
    She is something alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Those stand ups were pretty quick, that being said i'm delighted that Vitor won. His aggressive defense to the take down attempts were exemplary. Johnson got what was coming to him due to his bad attitude. He's a very talented fighter but needs to sort that aspect out. Can't see any resolution to this other than him being cut, what a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Christ this is a fast event :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Is it bad that I'm still waiting for a fighter to walk in with this playing? :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ONFVIfrPQxc#t=37s

Is it bad that I'm still waiting for a fighter to walk in with this playing? :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ONFVIfrPQxc#t=37s

Lol

Manny Gamburyan once fought a guy on the undercard who came out to "I Don't Feel Like Dancing" by Scissor Sisters.

Manny ripped the guys tendons apart and broke his leg.

Guessing the chap didn't feel like dancing that night either!

• Advertisement

Yeah the music choices are pretty diabolical!
    Three rounds would be nice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Yeah the music choices are pretty diabolical!
    Three rounds would be nice too!

Aldo coming out to 'Run this town' in Sacramento against Faber. Great choice of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Rogan, its round 1 shut up about soccer

Holy crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

WOW

No idea why that quoted someone. WOW for the finish :confused:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

HOLY FCUK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

4:59! fuckin hell!

I don't think i've ever seen so many WTF knock outs in one night.

Also, this scene with Jose Also in the crowd is probably the best thing i've ever seen!

DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNN!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Insane KO! Great celebration too, was amazing watching the crowd's reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

That celebration gave me some goosebumps!

That celebration gave me some goosebumps!

It was ridiculous! It was like a cross between Rocky and Brazil celebrating a goal in the World Cup Final or something

As I said on my Facebook, that was thee most exciting fight card I think I've ever seen.

Knockout of the night - Barbosa
    Submission of the night - Palhares
    Fight of the night - Aldo vs Mendes

As a side note: what do you think of aldo clinging to the fence to help prevent Mendes from slamming him and taking him down roughly a minute before the knockout? Instinctive reaction or basic cheating?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Safe to say I'm fúcking excited for the rest of 2012 if thats the first event to welcome us into the new year. :D

As a side note: what do you think of aldo clinging to the fence to help prevent Mendes from slamming him and taking him down roughly a minute before the knockout? Instinctive reaction or basic cheating?

Maybe both? Mendes might not have completeed the takedown in any case. Pretty soon after that he grabbed him and tried put him down but Aldo was able to get his feet and hands down and stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Every time i watch it, it gets better and better!

77967.png

Should be 5/5 with one perfect :(

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Maybe both? Mendes might not have completeed the takedown in any case. Pretty soon after that he grabbed him and tried put him down but Aldo was able to get his feet and hands down and stop it.

I agree completely, especially as he seemed to have his hands bare on the fence during the take down attempt beforehand so its only natural that when someone tries to lift you from beneath that you'd instinctively grab hold of whatever is near. The fact that Aldo took the ref (was it Mazzagatti?)'s instructions a minute later and showed that he wasn't grabbing the fence and still stuffed the takedown attempt and subsequently finished him in the process shows that his ability and preparation were beyond what Mendes could offer imho.

I'm just curious of what you guys think as i see in other forums that the pro-Mendes camp are trying to make it into a big talking point. Personally i'm delighted Ando won and never thought Mendes was ever going to seriously trouble him after seeing the first stuffed attempt.

Advertisement