Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The New JFK

I have a claim in and got a call today saying because I have a Disablement Benefit claim in from work they cannot process my FIS.I was in a work accident late last year and submitted the OB21 forum.I was told by FIS dept to phone up the Disablement Benefit section as FIS cant move while this is pending.

Anybody ever experience this..?I hear the wait for the OB21 can be a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have a claim in and got a call today saying because I have a Disablement Benefit claim in from work they cannot process my FIS.I was in a work accident late last year and submitted the OB21 forum.I was told by FIS dept to phone up the Disablement Benefit section as FIS cant move while this is pending.

Anybody ever experience this..?I hear the wait for the OB21 can be a long time.

Yeah they will need to know are you going to receive a payment from Disablement Benefit because it can be accessible for FIS.If you get a once off payment its not assessed but if you are awarded a monthly amount they will have to assess it for FIS.
    Only thing you can do is contact disablement section and hope they can push it through for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Does anyone know what the current waiting time is for new applicants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Anto Bean

foxy06 wrote: »
    Bump

They say less than 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Does anybody know how do you know they have received your file when you apply for fis, dont want to wait ages and then they say they never received it or it got lost in the post and what are the current waiting times

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaiKundi

They usually write to you that they have received your file.When did you apply? I received a letter from them 2 weeks after my application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Albert X

It seems to be a mixed bag at the moment, some people say they get approved within 7 days, others 7 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

Hi we sent our renewal in om the 20th of August, just wondering how long you have all been waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

My first payment went into my account today - there's 3 weeks worth there. I applied near the end of August.

Massive relief to have that little bit extra coming in, and glad they seem to have sorted out the problems with delays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

vitani wrote: »
    My first payment went into my account today - there's 3 weeks worth there. I applied near the end of August.

Massive relief to have that little bit extra coming in, and glad they seem to have sorted out the problems with delays.

Thats good news, and pretty quick too, just 3 weeks payment?,
    end of August claim, now 17th Sep, should it be more then 3 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Thats good news, and pretty quick too, just 3 weeks payment?,
    end of August claim, now 17th Sep, should it be more then 3 weeks?

I'm still waiting for the letter to confirm, but I presume I'll get this week's on Thursday and the rest was for the first two weeks in September and last week of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jenhards

hi there does ne1 know the waitin time for new claims :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jo1978

jenhards wrote: »
    hi there does ne1 know the waitin time for new claims :)

I think its 2 to 4 weeks but not 100% sure.Sent in my claim on 29th oct & recieved a letter yesterday dated 30th oct advising receipt of my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hello84

What is the waiting time on average now for new applicants on FIS?

Hello84 wrote: »
    What is the waiting time on average now for new applicants on FIS?

waiting time is less than 3 weeks atm.

Really that soon?! I heard people would be waiting up to a year a couple of years ago

Hello84 wrote: »
    Really that soon?! I heard people would be waiting up to a year a couple of years ago

It was never that long of a wait but there was around 20 week backlog at one stage. Some people might be waiting longer if a claim goes to inspectors.

Yeah i heard about that, that was a very long time to wait. Thanks for that hopefully not waiting too long, only sent the form off early in the week. I think the inspectors call if self employed

We applied in July 2013 and as of yet have heard nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Ring them, it shouldn't be that long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

They are processing claims in 3 to 4 weeks so your application must be lost. Apply again

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Daliapour

I'm now onto week 4 waiting for a FIS payment and have just been told it may take another 3 weeks

That's a long time, it only took about 5 weeks and that was only because they needed some paperwork. You should of received a letter to say your application was received. Definitely ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Daliapour wrote: »
    I'm now onto week 4 waiting for a FIS payment and have just been told it may take another 3 weeks

Same here was told yesterday another two to three weeks :( they received ours on the 24th of march (we had sent it on the 15th!) And were up to tge 14th as of yesterday.

Daliapour wrote: »

Daliapour when did u apply??

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

I applied at the end of March. They sent me a letter on the 4 April. I called them today to see how long it would take and I was told that my claim had been decided today! Am delighted . They said I would get a letter confirming it . Does anyone have a rough idea as to when I might get my first payment and/ or is the payment back dated. Thanks

You will probably get it tomorrow as fis is paid on thursday. I got my arrears with the first payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Thanks ammeee. I got a letter today saying the first payment is tomorrow and the arrears will follow. Would be great if it all came tomorrow as the car has just decided to give up!

• Advertisement

Hopefully it will all arrive together my first payment and arrears were in the bank two days before the letter arrived

Advertisement