Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope giving out about those pesky gays again

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

KKkitty wrote: »
    The catholic church is full of hypocrisy imo.

A fine piece of understatement.:)
    It was perfectly fine for catholic priests to have homosexual urges when they raped young boys but not for normal run of the mill gays and lesbians to have the same rights as far as marriage is concerned in most parts of the world.

Your heart is in the right place, but I believe you are confusing homosexuals, whose sexual partners are usually consenting adults, with paedophiles who rape children. :)
    Just because you fall in love with a member of the same sex it doesn't mean you should be punished for it.

I completely agree, but again do not make the mistake of equating same-sex couples who are in love with each other with paedophile priests, who are not in love with anything but themselves and are driven solely by their own lust for power and sexual gratification. It's a pity that Ratzi fails to see and admire the love that makes same-sex couples want to marry, at the same time as he protects those of his underlings who prey on children.:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    A fine piece of understatement.:)

Your heart is in the right place, but I believe you are confusing homosexuals, whose sexual partners are usually consenting adults, with paedophiles who rape children. :)

I completely agree, but again do not make the mistake of equating same-sex couples who are in love with each other with paedophile priests, who are not in love with anything but themselves and are driven solely by their own lust for power and sexual gratification. It's a pity that Ratzi fails to see and admire the love that makes same-sex couples want to marry, at the same time as he protects those of his underlings who prey on children.:cool:

on that note - just saw this:
    The Catholic Church’s pedophilia investigator, in charge of child protection and interviewing adults who as children had been victims of pedophile priests today was jailed on pedophilia charges in England. 49-year old Christopher Jarvis, a married man with four children of his own, began serving his 12-month sentence after serving the Catholic Church for nine years in a dioscese that included 120 Catholic Churches. Jarvis admitted to the charges, which included possession of 4000 images of pre-pubescent boys, including several depicting sadism, child rape, and torture.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/catholic-churchs-pedophilia-investigator-in-charge-of-child-protection-jailed-for-pedophilia/news/2011/11/14/30172

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I... Wow. That's... I mean... Wow.

Sarky wrote: »
    I... Wow. That's... I mean... Wow.

I know....:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

At this stage, all you can do is LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wow indeed!
    From Christianity Forum in December 2011
    soterpisc wrote: »
    Any new cases reported in the last 10 years of abuse commited in the last 10 years?
    alex73 wrote: »
    Any new cases of abuse committed by priests in the last 10 years? Just one case to prove your point will do.

The link you quote. (all true) is about abuse that happened over 10 years ago.

So has there been a case in the last 10 years of abuse in the last 10 years?
    Just one case to prove your point will do.
    Just one case to prove your point
    Just one case to prove
    alex73 wrote:
    Just one case
    Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Christopher Jarvis, a married man with four children of his own, began serving his 12-month sentence after serving the Catholic Church for nine years in a dioscese that included 120 Catholic Churches.
    after serving the Catholic Church for nine years
    nine years

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Well that was dramatic!

Pity "neither" are about to see it. Unless he's lurk-ing! *waves* :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

A propos of nothing in particular, the name "soterpisc" appears to be a strange amalgam of Greek and Latin.

'soter' "σωτηρ" is the Ancient Greek word for saviour and "pisc" is, I presume, short for "piscis", the Latin word for fish.

"σωτηρ" is the last word in the well-known "ΙΧΘΥΣ" acrostic, from "Iησους Χριστος, Θεου Υιος, Σωτηρ" meaning "Jesus Christ; Of God, the Son; Saviour". The word "ΙΧΘΥΣ""/ιχθυς" (ikhthus) also means fish.

Anyhow, literally, as well as metaphorically, as fishy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

robindch wrote: »
    A propos of nothing in particular, the name "soterpisc" appears to be a strange amalgam of Greek and Latin.

'soter' "σωτηρ" is the Ancient Greek word for saviour and "pisc" is, I presume, short for "piscis", the Latin word for fish.

"σωτηρ" is the last word in the well-known "ΙΧΘΥΣ" acrostic, from "Iησους Χριστος, Θεου Υιος, Σωτηρ" meaning "Jesus Christ; Of God, the Son; Saviour". The word "ΙΧΘΥΣ""/ιχθυς" (ikhthus) also means fish.

Yeah smells alright,a red herring really, a bit of a cnut so,all a fisherman's tale, could lose your sole but lets not carp on about it as it is all a bit of a cod,but do they do have a whale of a time particularly the Codfather in
    Rome, the world is his oyster .

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Well lah-de-dah, someone was keeping that training in philology under their hat. Have you considered a career in Biblical exegesis? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

pfft, talk about stating the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There was me thinking it was a badly spelled anagram of scriptures!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Why that's like having a murderer work in the police homicide department.

dexter.jpg

Oh.

Well we know that (:cool:) but how did he know that?:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

marienbad wrote: »
    Yeah smells alright,a red herring really, a bit of a cnut so,all a fisherman's tale, could lose your sole but lets not carp on about it as it is all a bit of a cod,but do they do have a whale of a time particularly the Codfather in Rome, the world is his oyster .
    A+A's not the plaice for that kind of codology.
    Plautus wrote: »
    Have you considered a career in Biblical exegesis? :pac:
    Wouldn't be any good at it owing to a habit of reading things with my eyes + head, and not with "my heart" :)

BTW, for anybody still interested, or even awake, at this point, the ιχθυς acrostic is the reason that catholic priests have that 'alpha' sign thingy on the back of their robes. And it's perhaps the origin of the alpha bit of that frightful 'Alpha Course' too (though it may come too from that 'I am the alpha + the omega' comment; or both; or neither). It may be related to the myth of the loaves + the fishes too (bread of life times jesus-as-saviour = profit!; get the imagery?!)

And of course the fishy symbols are still in use, by both christians and atheists/agnostics, the latter being available for purchase from here. I recommend. I have one on the back of my car :)

188194.png

188195.jpg

BTW, for anybody still interested, or even awake, at this point,

Hi Robin. Wanna IM chat about new ways to persecute the religious folk? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

And of course the fishy symbols are still in use, by both christians and atheists/agnostics, the latter being available for purchase from here. I recommend. I have one on the back of my car :)
    Is there some connection between the fish thing and the alpha & omega that we've not noticed before now? :eek:

TWO can play the intellectual, Robin!

fish-oil-supplements.jpg

But not just any Omega Dades*, specifically Omega 3 - the Holy Trinity?

*Sounds like a Transformer.

300px-StudioOxOmegaSupreme.jpg

Omega Supreme does actually split into 3 separate parts too!

Advertisement