Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope giving out about those pesky gays again

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Bollocks.

I was raised by my gay mother..

We should start a club :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MrPudding wrote: »
    I'm sorry; I am a little bit slow tonight. I am afraid you will have to clarify how humans being animals started the holocaust. :confused:

MrP
    Hitler started the holocaust, he was a catholic who came from an 'ideal' traditional family unit.

/godwined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Thomas Eshuis

alex73 wrote: »
    Yeah... Thats how the holocaust started.

Shall I tell you an even worse fact: we're apes.

You're confusing eugenics with evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Why are we talking about race?
    I think sonics was making that point that for a portion of the 20th century some despicable believed and propagated the opinion that interracial couples were not fit to raise children, he is then, presumably, comparing this to despicable people now, like the pope, saying that gay couples are not fit to raise children.

Do you see what he did there...?

Despicable people and mixed race / despicable people and gay couples ... comparing the two ... saying one is like the other ... yeah...? [please imagine this in the voice of Stu from Family guy and the voice getting higher each time]

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Why are we talking about race?

Seeing as you "experience it everyday" like you said, I would of thought you'd have an understanding of the basic history behind social services and the claims of the past about the family unit.

Or, how about another comparison.
    For some 50 odd years in here in Ireland, parents of Catholic and Protestant backgrounds were told of the extreme difficulties they'd have in raising their children, and how much harder their lives would be. And often that they couldn't do as a good a job as parents of the same religion due to social issues.

Does it have to be made more clear, or will you admit you came into this thread with no previous knowledge other than your own prejudiced beliefs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

MrPudding wrote: »
    Is that a dual account or has alex just jumped in at a weird moment...?

MrP
    Indeed..

alex73 and soterpisc may not be around for much longer tbh.. Unless they can explain what their connection with each other is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Thomas Eshuis

People!
    188045.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I'd love the opportunity to interview the Protector of Paedophiles Everywhere and ask him some questions no one has ever asked him before. The guy is always on about sex, although I suspect he knows less about it than the average Inuit knows about banana farming, so why shouldn't I ask him things like where he stands on guys waxing the carrot, has he ever bashed the bishop himself, when did he give it up ...

The only way to deal with nutters like him is to treat them as a big joke.

6a01053565ae9f970b01310f6ffc7a970c-800wi

:):):)

After looking into these two in more depth, I see that it's the same person, the second account (soterpisc) originally registered to back up the below post in the A&A forum of all places!
    Unreal. So a 14 year boy who was drafted against his will into the hitler youth has to apologize for it.

Really does show how biased people are against the truth when it does not suit their agenda.

reply is here

Got to enjoy the irony in the quoted post and how some people have to create biased sock puppet accounts against the public opinion to fit their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Gordon is my new bestie :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Another happy ending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

That's a new low, sockpuppets? Wow, the truly religious are most entertaining.

Oooh, let's see what else they've been doing!!

Stop talking to yourself.

Stop thanking yourself.

That's all there is in this forum anyway, apart from what Gordon posted.

Are they site banned or how does that go?

Stop talking to yourself.

Stop thanking yourself.

That's all there is in this forum anyway, apart from what Gordon posted.

Are they site banned or how does that go?
    Christianity forum also:
    2a, 2b

As is usual here, the duplicate 2nd account is permabanned and the first is temp-banned, in this case for one month. But sometimes Prison changes things to a plus or minus.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

according to the taglines, both accounts are now banned.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mascaput

Beruthiel wrote: »
    How does that work exactly?
    Does he think that if the gays get married it will turn the rest of us gay and there will be no more hetros doing the wild thing, hence no bambinos to pass on the genes to?

At this stage, the man is clutching at straws and has become obsolete.
    Also, what the hell is he doing promoting hate?
    I mean, if you pick on a minority like this, all it will do is promote hate.

Well, you can't love something without hating its opposite, and the 'Bible' says that you must kill all sodomites/gays/homosexuals/deviants, or whatever term has been applied to people like this since way back when. The clever trick of religion is to not only capture one side of people's emotional spectrum, but both love and hate, thus doubling the effect i.e love God, hate the anti-God, Devil/satan, love 'good' and hate 'bad' etc Religion is, above all, about feelings, emotion and imagination, which is why 'religious' people often become so inflamed when something comes up that even appears to offend their 'faith' or basis of conviction. In reality they are not in charge of their emotions, and consequently their minds, as unreason and emotion are in the driver's seat.

For eaxmple, on the Lord God's direct instruction to kill homosexuals, Leviticus 20:13 categorically states:

13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22 KJV)

It's not just in the Old Testament writings, but in the words of St Paul, the alleged bastion of Christian conversion:

In the context of the broader immorality of his audience, Paul of Tarsus wrote in the First Epistle to the Corinthians,

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, arsenokoitēs *, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers, none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

* generally a term for "abusers of themselves with mankind" (KJV), "sodomites" (YLT), or "men who practice homosexuality."

As to why Papa Benny is promoting hate....simples.....it's good for business. Emotion and imagination are the keys to marketing, no matter what you are selling. It's all about profit, the bottom line. Even Pope Leo the Tenth admitted that "It has served us well, this myth of Christ".

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Imagine being so doubtful of your own argument that you need to create a second account to agree with yourself... classic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mascaput

RichieC wrote: »
    Imagine being so doubtful of your own argument that you need to create a second account to agree with yourself... classic..

That's the benefit of 'faith' in what you want to believe, as it's whatever you want it to be, for as long as you want it to be what you want it to be, and then you can change sides and make hay all over again. Yep, it's win, win, win, even if you sin, sin, sin....all the way to the Vatican bank (even if usury is still officially regarded as being heresy, and against the Pope's teachings) In the Council of Vienne (1311) it was declared that if any person obstinately maintained that there was no sin in the practice of demanding interest, he should be punished as a heretic (see c. "Ex gravi", unic. Clem., "De usuris", V, 5).

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15235c.htm

The don't actually doubt anything they do, as they can rely on it 100% as it works all the time, and they have perfected it as an artform. Take a look at all the gold and glitz, palaces, banks, property owned by the various religions. Basically, it simply means that the 'House' always wins no matter which way you roll the dice. Isn't 'morality' great when you want to sit high on a fence and poop on everyone below? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Gordon wrote: »
    After looking into these two in more depth, I see that it's the same person, the second account (soterpisc) originally registered to back up the below post in the A&A forum of all places!
    Thanks for sorting this out while I was having dinner :)

// wipes away tears of laughter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

soterpisc wrote: »
    Congrats.. But the statics don't live up to your post. Those who society has most failed have first been failed by their families (or lack of). The Pope is promoting the family (Mother+Father+Kids) as the ideal best environment. there is nothing wrong with this.

Mother plus child = Family

Father plus child = Family

Mother plus Mother plus child = Family.

Father plus Father plus child = Family.

I even know a Lesbian Granny plus Grandson = Family (and the only one he ever had as father in jail and mother did a runner from the maternity hospital Granny went and brought him home - she is currently trying to legally adopt him.)

There is nothing wrong with any of them.

Families come in all shapes and sizes and can fail whether they are headed by hetrosexuals or homosexuals.

Difference is, gay parents are unlikely to have to get married because of of them is pregnant ('are you sure you're a man?' 'absolutely - but that's the wrong hole.' '?') or end up having a child by accident (the turkey baster slipped :p).

When an openly gay person has a child it is because that child is truly wanted.

Gay people I know have spend fortunes on insemination, months selecting donors and years trying (and sometimes succeeding :D ) to get pregnant. No drunken one night stands here.

Others who were able to conceive but did adopt were assesses, and reassess and rereassessed by countless social workers - in one case the adoption proceedings went all the way to the Old Bailey in London after a two year, horrendously expensive, struggle up the court system. The judge granted the adoption - but only to one of the couple as a gay couple can't adopt but a single person can.

So, despite the fact this now 2 year old child lived with the couple her biological parents had chosen as their preferred adoptive parents, a couple who had not only had been present at her birth - one of them was her first person to hold her, a couple who were the only parents she knew who had nursed her through many sleepless nights due to the serious medical conditions she had from birth - in short they were her parent- despite all of this according to the law, the child was legally the child of a lone parent as it would not allow her to have two gay parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Teach a man to fish Dades.... :p

Yeah...but teach a man to pray and he'll bother someone else with his problems.

A big plus for religion.

Side note : God sure does have a lot of rules regarding stuff he has never experienced, or would ever need to, should he exist. Almost.....just almost, makes you think that all this stuff was made u by....I don't know....dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gordon wrote: »

Oh I see, ban all dissenting views of the atheist agenda?

*starts feedback thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

RichieC wrote: »

Can't wait till cloning takes off, it's gonna be bloody awesome :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Corkfeen wrote: »

Don't paint the devil on the wall!

128851613418791302.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

society would have us believe gay families are the same, but they are not.

However from personal experience lesbian couples do make better parents the gay couples, but that was because the ones i know one of the parners is the natural mother

This strikes me as ridiculous!
    What about heterosexual couples who adopt, neither is the "natural" parent! Surely an awfull lot of kids would have hugely improved lives if they were removed from their "natural" parents.

Personally I believe that kids just need love and ecouragement (after the obvious physical needs like food and shelter) I don't believe it really matters where that comes from. There is something wrong with a society that allows 2 junkies or 2 alcos to bring up kids, but forbids 2 doctors or 2 lawyers based solely on what goes on in their bedrooms.
    What happens in anyones bedroom is no ones business but their own - and it's certainly not some frock wearing peado protectors business!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Ha, i've just read on and noticed the double reg/ banned shenanigans.:eek:
    I love it, proof that religion breeds honesty and morality!

Well done Gordon, beautiful work!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Corkfeen wrote: »

Wait, so if you clone yourself and that clone opens a boards.ie account, does that count as sock-puppeting? What about identical twins, natures clones? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The catholic church is full of hypocrisy imo. It was perfectly fine for catholic priests to have homosexual urges when they raped young boys but not for normal run of the mill gays and lesbians to have the same rights as far as marriage is concerned in most parts of the world. Just because you fall in love with a member of the same sex it doesn't mean you should be punished for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Louis CK always makes me giggle.

Advertisement