Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper Challenge, 10/03/2012

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

any more photos anywhere from event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Patdel

Did the Keeper hill challenge on Sat , good course well marshelled the t-shirt was pretty good also
    few things for next year 1) Make the finish a bit more of an event like Killarney or WAR , good family atmosphere at a site like football pitch , park etc.. where people can come to see the finish have bouncy castle, food ,etc.. I think it really works well and creates a great atmosphere
    2) Maybe I missed this ( 3h 50min) but I couldnt get anything to eat,drink after the race, I know soup and sambos were supposed to be available and few people I spoke to didnt seem to know where to get them but
    a very enjoyable day and it would be great to see the event happen again next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gobi

any update on times and places from saturday ki?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

ki wrote: »
    I am taking today off. I'll have all results times and a couple of hundred photo up tomorrow, on the website.
    I'll also post a link here too.
    Thanks for all the support yesterday.

Hi Ki, any sign of results and some more photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Willow3340

Would love to see some pictures and the results......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Willow3340 wrote: »
    Would love to see some pictures and the results......

Just for you Willow3340

http://photobucket.com/KeeperChallenge2012

And I've the podium result up on
    http://www.keeperchallenge.com

full-set will follow soon.... my secretary(Me when the boss isn't looking) is a little slow at typing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Willow3340

Thanks Ki, unfortunately I don't feature in that photo shoot......but they all look great the elites!! Some day, looking forward to next year. Come on get more photos up!

What number were you Willow3340?
    I think I've erverything up but I'll search for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

ki wrote: »
    What number were you Willow3340?
    I think I've erverything up but I'll search for more.

Will full results be posted?

I've just have them completed.
    I'll post them here today.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 trekkie

Fantastic day out and an incredible amount on volunteers. I was slightly annoyed at the fact that we had to do an extra 4k on troopers hill. But I believe this was mentioned beforehand. Did anyone else pass the guy running the with his helmet? I passed him just after the 10km mark, does anyone know if he finished? Will def be back next year!

trekkie wrote: »
    Fantastic day out and an incredible amount on volunteers. I was slightly annoyed at the fact that we had to do an extra 4k on troopers hill. But I believe this was mentioned beforehand. Did anyone else pass the guy running the with his helmet? I passed him just after the 10km mark, does anyone know if he finished? Will def be back next year!

Yep he came 3rd. He was obviously wearing the helmet for a reason. He used to be a good cyclist back in the day and I believe he had a serious crash off the bike back then. It doesn't surprise me that someone was wearing a helmet on a hill run actually

No I passed a guy running just after the 10k mark on the first cycle stage..

No I passed a guy running just after the 10k mark on the first cycle stage..

That guy finished in about 4 hrs. He ran the remainer of the race and refused a spare bike at the transition .

Also worth metioning the woman, whos bike broke prior to that guy, and ran approx 17 km of the first stage and grab a spare bike in transition to complete it.

Fair play to her! I passed that guy onda way down a hill after bout 12k done onda bike. Did he actually run the rest of the cycle? That's 20km, madness. is there anymore pics ro go up?

Fair play to her! I passed that guy onda way down a hill after bout 12k done onda bike. Did he actually run the rest of the cycle? That's 20km, madness. is there anymore pics ro go up?

I'm waiting on one or two of the volunteers to send on some pics, and I'll get them up straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 23 digazz

Fair play to that guy who ran the majority of the bike run. He passed me out jut coming off keeper back to transition, I was delighted to get back on my bike at that stage., don't know where he got the strength to run another 6k back to the finish line. I finished in 45th place with a time of 2:47:20 which is wrong, should be 3:47:20.. Great day out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

Guy that ran most of it was the pre-race favourite from West Cork who ran out of steam a bit on Mangerton when leading the Killarney race last October - Fair play to him for not giving up when he got a double puncture but only had one tube whilst in the leading bunch - He is a runner obviously :eek:

Jerry O Sullivan from Kerry came behind on the bike with a storming run up and down Keeper Hill to take a deserved win whilst fellow Kerryman Mike Cunningham probably had the fastest run split of the day but has still to get used to his new fancy bike. He could be a force to be reckoned with in future races when he does.

Top marks to Ki and the race team for their first event which should hopefully grow after this year's good reviews.

Hopefully we will see lots more locals out at the Monster Mac in Millstreet on 28th April for which we have a "Baby", "Sport" and "Expert" levels on offer.

Link to last year's Boards Thread Here

• Advertisement

Excuseless wrote: »
    Jerry O Sullivan from Kerry came behind on the bike with a storming run up and down Keeper Hill to take a deserved win whilst fellow Kerryman Mike Cunningham probably had the fastest run split of the day but has still to get used to his new fancy bike. He could be a force to be reckoned with in future races when he does.

Jerry wasn't doing too bad on the bike, he was 4th out onto the run and just a couple of minutes off the lead. An 18km Mountain run is where these AR racers come into their own ;)

Mike 'Curly' Cunningham used a shiny new TT bike for that course :eek:!!! legend!! :D

Advertisement