Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So there's Netflix App on my XMB *READ OP: NO DISCUSSION OF REGIONAL BYPASSING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know where to find a list of new shows, there's a few sites that have them for the US netflix but i can't find it for here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone know where to find a list of new shows, there's a few sites that have them for the US netflix but i can't find it for here.

Maybe these guys can help: https://twitter.com/#!/NetflixUK.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Or check the "New Releases" section from within the app :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Is it possible to get RTE Player working while using US Netflix?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is it possible to get RTE Player working while using US Netflix?
    Thanks

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there currently any way to create a 'Watch Later' list, be it on the site or a device? I know the recommendations, but I'd like to be able to see a film on the site and add it to a list so it reminds me to view it at a later time.

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there currently any way to create a 'Watch Later' list, be it on the site or a device? I know the recommendations, but I'd like to be able to see a film on the site and add it to a list so it reminds me to view it at a later time.

If you watch a film/programme for about 10 seconds, it will be in your recently viewed section.
    Only way I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Is there any way to monitor your data usage on the ps3?
    I only use Netflix on the ps3 and not on the laptop at all so no point in me downloading a tracker on the laptop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You'll have to do the bandwidth monitoring yourself. Netflix's usage estimates:

"Good" - The default setting with good picture quality and lowest data use per hour (about 0.3 GBytes/hour)
    "Better" - Better picture quality and medium data use per hour (about 0.7 GBytes/hour)
    "Best" - Best picture quality and highest date use per hour (generally about 1.0 GBytes/hour - or up to 2.3 GBytes/hour when streaming HD content)

Solution: just move to UPC :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Nikky_Bellic

You'll have to do the bandwidth monitoring yourself. Netflix's usage estimates:

"Good" - The default setting with good picture quality and lowest data use per hour (about 0.3 GBytes/hour)
    "Better" - Better picture quality and medium data use per hour (about 0.7 GBytes/hour)
    "Best" - Best picture quality and highest date use per hour (generally about 1.0 GBytes/hour - or up to 2.3 GBytes/hour when streaming HD content)

Solution: just move to UPC
    :pac:

On the subject of upc...

Recently joined netflix and on upc myself.
    In the small print of the "UPC unlimited package" it states its subject to fairuse, something like 250gb a month. Which is certainly alot. But hardly unlimited :pac:

Wonder what UPC would do if you went over the limit. As by juding from the usage you said its perfectly possible for a person to go over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

On the subject of upc...

Recently joined netflix and on upc myself.
    In the small print of the "UPC unlimited package" it states its subject to fairuse, something like 250gb a month. Which is certainly alot. But hardly unlimited :pac:

Wonder what UPC would do if you went over the limit. As by juding from the usage you said its perfectly possible for a person to go over.

It's not outside the realms of possibility (if you watched 2 HD films a day, every day), but it's still literally ten times as much as the highest eircom package, and ten times as fast.

I just switched over recently, and not having to actively monitor usage like I had to with eircom is a joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Nikky_Bellic

It's not outside the realms of possibility (if you watched 2 HD films a day, every day), but it's still literally ten times as much as the highest eircom package, and ten times as fast.

I just switched over recently, and not having to actively monitor usage like I had to with eircom is a joy.

UPC broadband is a gift.
    Eircom are, being totally honest, a bunch of ripping off c**ts :)

I had broadband with them for 8 years. Their packages compared to UPC were a joke. With upc you could get 3 times the speed and it worked out cheaper (I was on 7mb eircom and switched to 20mb UPC) But the one thing that annoys me most about eircom is the line rental :mad: If memory serves me correct it was something like 27 euro per month. Before you even loaded a webpage or used your phone or what not.

Dean09 wrote: »
    Is there any way to monitor your data usage on the ps3?
    I only use Netflix on the ps3 and not on the laptop at all so no point in me downloading a tracker on the laptop.
    No. Do it from router

I have UPC and the data limit is 500gb. I know it's unlikely I'll exceed this but I wanted to make sure.
    How would I monitor it at the router? I use the playstation, laptop, and 2 iPhones on the Internet at home so keeping track of it would be handy. I posted already in the broadband forum but it all got too technical for me!!

I have UPC and the data limit is 500gb. I know it's unlikely I'll exceed this but I wanted to make sure.
    How would I monitor it at the router? I use the playstation, laptop, and 2 iPhones on the Internet at home so keeping track of it would be handy. I posted already in the broadband forum but it all got too technical for me!!

You probably can't, by using the UPC standard modem. This is an inherent problem with UPC. For years, UPC have been telling customers "Just install DU Meter". That's a bull**** line and a cop out for UPC. DU Meter only monitors traffic on one PC.

Complain to UPC that you want them to provide a facility for customers [you] to check their usage. Almost every other provider supplies this service. THEN ring them every day, and ask what your usage is month to date.

Realistically, you will find it VERY hard to break 500GB. I would suggest that you would find it very hard to break 50GB in a month, with standard usage, including Netflix, surfing, email etc. Assuming staying away from torrents, legal or otherwise.

Thanks for the advice.
    I'm going to send them an email later today.
    It's ridiculous in this day and age that they don't have a monitoring facility for customers as I presume it'd be fairly simple for them to implement.

I presume it'd be fairly simple for them to implement.

Of course it is. They have it already. How else would they know if you went over your allowance?

They just don't have a customer facing view of it.

There are a few possible reasons for this

1. They don't have the technical resources to do this
    2. They don't have the financial resources to do this
    3. They don't care enough to do this

I'm straining to come up with any other possible reasons. Really, what other possible reasons could there be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Eircom 10 years a go had this facility built into their account management page with their broadband package.
    You are talking back before even a 2mb line was even possible in home broadband.
    UPC are seriously trying to say they cannot implement a simple system like this? Bullcrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Not discussing regional bypassing just wondering how one adds the queue feature to US netflix?

shortys94 wrote: »
    Not discussing regional bypassing just wondering how one adds the queue feature to US netflix?

I think you build it on your PC, but I don't know if it show up on the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I've used the queue feature on friends systems in the states with no problem, odd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Is netflix down for anyone else? I'm getting to the screen where you choose between netflix and Netflix Kids, but it wont let me select anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Zhane wrote: »
    Is netflix down for anyone else? I'm getting to the screen where you choose between netflix and Netflix Kids, but it wont let me select anything.

Finally signed up today and started Breaking Bad.

Forgot to do it via Fatcheese so lost myself 14 quid - disappointing!

About the quality, its automatic, right? I thought the PQ was reasonable on my 32inch but the SD symbol maintained for the entire episode.

Perhaps just my conection?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what's fatcheese do?

what's fatcheese do?

If you sign up via them you get 14 euro cashback just for watching 5 hours worth of material (from my reading of the T&Cs you don't even have to stay beyond the free trial).

I forgot to "clickthrough" to netflix website via the Fatcheese website.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

noodler wrote: »
    If you sign up via them you get 14 euro cashback just for watching 5 hours worth of material (from my reading of the T&Cs you don't even have to stay beyond the free trial).

I forgot to "clickthrough" to netflix website via the Fatcheese website.

feck sake off I go to sign up a new account with them then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The stream quality can be controlled via the profile menu settings

EnterNow wrote: »

For the Irish Netflix - yes, always HD.
    The other one(;)) - not really, it's sometimes "blocky", never HD and I have UPC 50meg.

EnterNow wrote: »

Sorry, is that Profile menu accessed via the PS3 or via the PC?

EDIT:
    F1ngers wrote: »
    For the Irish Netflix - yes, always HD.
    The other one() - not really, it's sometimes "blocky", never HD and I have UPC 50meg.

Sorry, you mean that there is no adjustment to be made if using the Irish version?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

noodler wrote: »
    Sorry, is that Profile menu accessed via the PS3 or via the PC?

EDIT:

Sorry, you mean that there is no adjustment to be made if using the Irish version?

You control it via the pc itself, save the settings & that sets the quality for any device you use your account with

Advertisement