Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Fairly immature thing to say, would you blame the man for looking depressed when he's lost a best mate and is a recovering addict...

Just because he's famous doesn't mean he has some super human power to forget about his past. They say music should reflect how your feeling, he's obviously still down and angry over things.

Well if he's charging 80 quid a ticket, then he shouldn't be on stage looking depressed. He should be giving the best show possible or else he shouldn't bother.

He's doing a job on stage, and should earn his money same as the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

floggg wrote: »
    Because Killer mike would be dope as **** and Eminem wouldn't?

While I agree as I'm not a big Eminem fan, you can't really compare ticket prices for two acts like that.

If Killer Mike played here, it'd probably be somewhere like The Button Factory with a 1k capacity, Eminem is playing to 80k, if it sells out. Of course the tickets are going to be higher, it's supply/demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

No it's a very valid opinion , especially on the drunk/teeny boppers. 50 cent headlined an event in Waterford 2 years ago, the amount of trouble was unreal.. It was the rowdiest concert Iv ever been too and it was ruined for me so much. Waterford is a sh*thole so when someone as big as that comes to town every head in the city comes out, there were 100s outside the concert looking in/sneaking in , it was just a terrible set up.

The other side of the coin is there's going to be idiots at evey concert no matter if its 200 or 2000 obviously the more there are the more idiots there will be !. Eminem will attract a mixed crowd though and your right in saying there will probaly be more genuine fans at killer mike but at the same time there will be a few who'll go along off their face not even knowing who killer mike is !.

The WTT concert had a great vibe and buzz to it aswell and then an idiot throws a coin at kanye nearly taking his eye out ! My point there's always going to be muppets at any event IMO.

True. Theres muppets everywhere, and they always seem to stand next to me :D

Dont get me wrong I'd still love to see Eminem but I just dont seem to be motivated to go mainly due to what I said before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Scantily-clad fifteen year old sluts?

Looks like I'll be waking up early tomorrow so.

Not a pretty sight in belfast mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Just a reminder, Action Bronson is on tonight.

I'm still not sure if I can make it.......anyone else going?

Did you go to the Action Bronson gig last night Boom Bap? If so, was it as good/better then his last show? I had my name down on the guest list but I couldn't go in the end so was really disappointed.

As for the Eminem gig, €80 is fairly hefty chunk of change plus it's fairly obvious what sort of crowd will be drawn to this sort of gig (ditto the Lil Wayne gig), for those reasons I wouldn't even contemplate going to either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Raekwon wrote: »
    Did you go to the Action Bronson gig last night Boom Bap? If so, was it as good/better then his last show? I had my name down on the guest list but I couldn't go in the end so was really disappointed.

As for the Eminem gig, €80 is fairly hefty chunk of change plus it's fairly obvious what sort of crowd will be drawn to this sort of gig (ditto the Lil Wayne gig), for those reasons I wouldn't even contemplate going to either.

Didn't get there in the end, the wifepiece spent too much time out Chrimbo shopping!
    But, the lads who were there say it was excellent. These are the same guys who were at the last one as well who thought that was also excellent. So I would estimate that it was a similar level of excellence!

There was also an Irish Hip Hop beef settled last night. GI and Rob Kelly had a bit of a dust up at the gig, planned and backstage with Action B as the special guest ref. GI, at least that's who i think it would have been, the lads just told me one of the Irish lads, but given thier history, it must have been GI....anyway, apparently GI knocked Rob Kelly out in a 'straightner'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The WTT concert had a great vibe and buzz to it aswell and then an idiot throws a coin at kanye nearly taking his eye out ! My point there's always going to be muppets at any event IMO.

Great gig, paid 80 quid for my ticket and i can guarantee you they put on a better show than eminem ever will :)

The coin was only thrown onto the stage, it didnt hit him, he just doesnt like stuff on the stage he could slip on and deflate his ego :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Great gig, paid 80 quid for my ticket and i can guarantee you they put on a better show than eminem ever will :)

The coin was only thrown onto the stage, it didnt hit him, he just doesnt like stuff on the stage he could slip on and deflate his ego :p

In fairness, he didn't completely flip and he was in the right too. Throwing coins is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Went to Action Bronson the other night, was very enjoyable. Can't say I am that much of a fan (only know three or four of his songs) but still had a great time. He did his usual routine of walking around the venue among the crowd which gives a great atmosphere imo.

The Irish lads before hand were alright, didn't know any of them. Went on a bit long though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ustari wrote: »
    Went to Action Bronson the other night, was very enjoyable. Can't say I am that much of a fan (only know three or four of his songs) but still had a great time. He did his usual routine of walking around the venue among the crowd which gives a great atmosphere imo.

The Irish lads before hand were alright, didn't know any of them. Went on a bit long though.

A little video of the brawl between GI and Rob Kelly. 1.07 for the knock out blow.

A buddy of mine was taking snaps at the gig and got some excellent shots of AB. I'll post up the full set as soon as they go up on t'internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Strange to see a such a food connoisseur like Action Bronson hanging out in McDonalds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Didn't get there in the end, the wifepiece spent too much time out Chrimbo shopping!
    But, the lads who were there say it was excellent. These are the same guys who were at the last one as well who thought that was also excellent. So I would estimate that it was a similar level of excellence!

There was also an Irish Hip Hop beef settled last night. GI and Rob Kelly had a bit of a dust up at the gig, planned and backstage with Action B as the special guest ref. GI, at least that's who i think it would have been, the lads just told me one of the Irish lads, but given thier history, it must have been GI....anyway, apparently GI knocked Rob Kelly out in a 'straightner'.

ah well, still though whos ever heard of GI? beter to be a good rapper than street brawler.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

ah well, still though whos ever heard of GI? beter to be a good rapper than street brawler.

I can only laugh at this. GI is easily the most talented individual in Irish hip-hop, far better rapper than Rob Kelly and his production is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

A little video of the brawl between GI and Rob Kelly. 1.07 for the knock out blow.

Ummm, what's this? I know they're both Irish rappers, did they get into a fight the other night at this gig? Bit lost here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

apparently GI knocked Rob Kelly out in a 'straightner'.

There has to be more to this...

And Rob didn't go down from that punch... he just backed out of the shot...

Rob and a few others claiming the video is bull****. Only shows one dig GI landed, rob didn't even wobble... Apparently "Cards getting pulled real soon". Action giving rob props after the show and stuff... I wouldn't be surprised to see more videos coming out soon showing a whole other side of that "fight".

LUPE wrote: »
    GI is easily the most talented individual in Irish hip-hop,

l.jpg

To be honest.

The video is very very Working Class sided. But from what I've heard, RK did go down. I'm sure there will be more video's.

@Pretty Boy - They are Irish rappers and have been making remarks about it each in press and interviews. A genuine Irish hip hop beef.
    They came toe to toe at the back of The Twisted Pepper and Action Bronson stepped in as a ref.

@Seaneh - I'm not sure if we are going to see any more releases from the Info's. Stevie is concentrating on other stuff right now. He's MCing at drum n bass gigs, and doing a bit of production as well and a bit of singing too I believe. The few songs I've heard sound pretty good.

The video is very very Working Class sided. But from what I've heard, RK did go down. I'm sure there will be more video's.

@Pretty Boy - They are Irish rappers and have been making remarks about it each in press and interviews. A genuine Irish hip hop beef.
    They came toe to toe at the back of The Twisted Pepper and Action Bronson stepped in as a ref.

@Seaneh - I'm not sure if we are going to see any more releases from the Info's. Stevie is concentrating on other stuff right now. He's MCing at drum n bass gigs, and doing a bit of production as well and a bit of singing too I believe. The few songs I've heard sound pretty good.

pity about the infos. kill or create is the best IHH album ever.

It was more Git and Pauli and the lads talking about Rob and the Class A lads for the last 4 years nonstop than a beef. Rob and Nuie and the other lads don't even acknowledge the lads from Finglass. It's a totally 1 sided "beef" and probably goes back to when UI had a pop at Rob and Nuie about 10 Years ago. It's retarded. They talk all this "keeping it real bollocks" but it just sounds like chips on shoulders.

As for the "fight" there was more than one lad with a phone out. I've heard from a few lads now that the highlight reel git is posting bs. I'd rather hear AB and a few others opinions than see a video of Git landing one punch ...

Were they only allowed throw boxes or are they both just naturally sh1te fighters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Looked like RK had that for most of it an then GI turns away for a second and then gets it (from what was shown). Not that either of them should be doing it but from what music they have released and interviews that has been bubbling for a few years. Bit more time with Duddy or at home is needed.

It does seem like what Seanah was saying was right though. One sided video and "beef".

Is 50 Cent supporting Eminem in Slane? They said it on Spin 1038 today apparently

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Is 50 Cent supporting Eminem in Slane? They said it on Spin 1038 today apparently

I'm hearing that as well man, i've high hopes, i wanted to see 50 since my sister went to see him a good few years back. I reckon there'll be a lot more support than 50 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

If 50s going to be there I reckon most of shady 2.o will be there too... Possibly slaughterhouse , yelawolf they've been backing him in recent concerts and the international promo would do them good IMO.

How long is the set going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

from what ive seen on youtube
    50 doesn't sound to good live
    but does have good energy on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

MD1990 wrote: »
    from what ive seen on youtube
    50 doesn't sound to good live
    but does have good energy on stage

to be honest thats the best way to describe it, he isnt the best live performer you'll ever see but the energy he brings is insane. This africa concert when he got his chain snatched was mad, the cop falls off his bike at 1.05 mark is hilarious , then he jumps into the crowd for his chain mental. I swear the waterford one was nearly as bad :D He actually flung a lad of stage at the gig, there was a serious drop off that stage too.

a lot of his concerts have a history of incidents from the old g unit flinging chairs at each other at summer jam to recently smacking gunplay round and robbing his chain etc. My friend went to a justin timberlake concert in 07 with his girlfriend and 50 was supporting him, he said he made the concert he was meant to be unreal, his set at eminem and jay'z's concert last year was crazy too.

one things for sure he'll get the crowd buzzing anyway, im sure em will perform patiently waiting etc with him that would be nice.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm hearing that as well man, i've high hopes, i wanted to see 50 since my sister went to see him a good few years back. I reckon there'll be a lot more support than 50 anyway

Saw him when he first came to Ireland (2003 I think) but haven't gone to see him since, hopefully there'll be a few good supporting acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

been going to hip hop gigs for years and years and have always said 50 was the worst rapper live by miles,jeru the damaja was the best live.

Rob Kelly ‏@RobHKelly
    @GIKeepnehlit yeah u got brave with 20 of your mates, asked me out, then tried back out of it til Bronson called your bluff, your mates ..

Rob Kelly ‏@RobHKelly
    @GIKeepnehlit stopped me from holding and hitting you, ya caught me once in 2 minutes and then wanted to squash it and an end to net talk

@GIKeepnehlit and 1st thing ya did was take it to net so like I said no more tweetin or talkin or youtubin that's it. See ya again

Rob Kelly ‏@RobHKelly
    @GIKeepnehlit You live your life on the Internet you ****in gob****e underworld don.. Done talkin that's it

That's Kell's take on it, and from chatting to Tommy Mas the other day, that's a good description of what happened.

I say the two lads in the ring, four three minute rounds and end it there.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Rob Kelly ‏@RobHKelly
    @GIKeepnehlit yeah u got brave with 20 of your mates, asked me out, then tried back out of it til Bronson called your bluff, your mates ..

Rob Kelly ‏@RobHKelly
    @GIKeepnehlit stopped me from holding and hitting you, ya caught me once in 2 minutes and then wanted to squash it and an end to net talk

@GIKeepnehlit and 1st thing ya did was take it to net so like I said no more tweetin or talkin or youtubin that's it. See ya again

Rob Kelly ‏@RobHKelly
    @GIKeepnehlit You live your life on the Internet you ****in gob****e underworld don.. Done talkin that's it

That's Kell's take on it, and from chatting to Tommy Mas the other day, that's a good description of what happened.

I say the two lads in the ring, four three minute rounds and end it there.
    They wouldn't last 4 3's with their egos on the line they'd be swinging like fúck and prob gas out within about 2 rounds, sure white collar events aren't even 4 3's, make it 3 2's and I reckon they'd have a nice little scrap. Have either of the lads ever boxed before?

Advertisement