Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tech N9ne announced a ton of Europe dates in November, none in Ireland though, sickened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

a guy I know interviewed tech n8ne years ago, he asked him would he ever do a gig in dublin, tech said ya you know it.? anyone at doom thursday night? whats the story with immortal technique?is he coming to dublin? because you wouldnt catch me dead in belfast, especially at a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Why "especially at a gig"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

a guy I know interviewed tech n8ne years ago, he asked him would he ever do a gig in dublin, tech said ya you know it.? anyone at doom thursday night? whats the story with immortal technique?is he coming to dublin? because you wouldnt catch me dead in belfast, especially at a gig.

...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Sweet, one less idiot at the Belfast gig!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Sweet, one less idiot at the Belfast gig!

Let's leave that name calling outside please

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

I saw on Twitter that Reks is coming to Europe in December and is asking promoters to email him if interested. I had a look at who was behind recent/upcoming hip hop gigs in Dublin, like Immortal Technique and Action Bronson, and I was thinking of just emailing these promoters to see if they might be interested. Does anyone know any promoters?!

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    I saw on Twitter that Reks is coming to Europe in December and is asking promoters to email him if interested. I had a look at who was behind recent/upcoming hip hop gigs in Dublin, like Immortal Technique and Action Bronson, and I was thinking of just emailing these promoters to see if they might be interested. Does anyone know any promoters?!

choicecuts

the Reks gig would be right up their street 2.

Just in case anyone missed it in the other thread, Kendrick Lamar is coming to Dublin (Vicar Street) on January 14th.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004969853F13C8?artistid=1480454&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

choicecuts

the Reks gig would be right up their street 2.

He's a good rapper but can't forgive him for that homophobe line from The One.

Shame, great song otherwise and I'm sure he'd be good live.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you missed the Action Bronson gig earlier this year, you have another chance to catch him in Dec

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/3306/

I would highly recommend getting to this gig, even if you dont know his music all that well. If it's half as good as the last one, it will still be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If you missed the Action Bronson gig earlier this year, you have another chance to catch him in Dec

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/3306/

I would highly recommend getting to this gig, even if you dont know his music all that well. If it's half as good as the last one, it will still be excellent.

Support from Lethal Dialect and Working Class as well, should be a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FJamel

Can't wait for the Bronson show.

Hoping for some free steaks/ravioli bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FJamel

Did anyone here enjoy the Iggy Azalea show?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Eminent is headlining slaine in 2013, just been announced today. Iv no link as I'm on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Eminem, Slane castle :-)

17th august. tickets on sale 19th December

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/

Oh and they are priced at 79.50

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nicely timed to coincide with Christmas.

I'd like to go and see him. Think I'll wait until nearer the date and see what I'm doing first before splashing out. If I'm still in the country then I might go.

Killer Mike is touring Europe next year.

No Irish gigs. I might go up to the Manchester gig. Depends what lectures I have on the Tuesday. The gig is on in a place about 500 metres from Piccadilly station. Could even tempt a few others to come along (not to the gig) and head out after. I'll have a think about this one.
    Wed-Jan-23 Oslo, Norway Sawol
    Thu-Jan-24 Trondheim, Norway Familjen
    Fri-Jan-25 Gothenburg, Sweden Neferiti
    Sat-Jan-26 Stockholm, Sweden Nalen
    Sun-Jan-27 Helsinki, Finland Kuudes Linja
    Tue-Jan-29 Copenhagen, Denmark Vega Small Hall
    Wed-Jan-30 Amsterdam, Netherlands Melkweg
    Fri-Feb-1 Muenster, Germany Skaters Palace Café
    Sat-Feb-2 Stuttgart, Germany Schreglage 0711
    Sun-Feb-3 Zurich, Switzerland El Dorado
    Mon-Feb-4 Heidelberg, Germany Karlstorbahnhof
    Wed-Feb-6 Berlin, Germany Cassiopeia Beatevolutioners
    Thu-Feb-7 Tilburg, Netherlands KZ
    Fri-Feb-8 Antwerp, Belgium Trix
    Sun-Feb-10 Brighton, UK Green Door Store
    Mon-Feb-11 Manchester, UK The Roadhouse
    Tue-Feb-12 Birmingham, UK The Rainbow
    Wed-Feb-13 London, UK Birthdays HELD PENDING 230
    Thu-Feb-14 Paris, France Glazart
    Fri-Feb-15 Lille, France Le Grand Mix
    Sat-Feb-16 Clermont-Ferrand, France La Cooperative Mai

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.22197/title.killer-mike-announces-2013-european-tour-dates

I went to see Brother Ali at The Roadhouse in Manchester earlier this year. Very handy to the train station(i travelled up from London) and a nice small venue. Go for it!

the way I see it,if they cant be arsed coming over here I wouldnt be bothered putting myself out to see them,mightnt even be a good gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

What an odd sentiment. Isn't it usually up to a promoter to book an act unless they're big enough to dictate their own schedule?

edit: what about people not from Dublin, where most gigs are? Should they not be bothered traveling because an artist "isn't arsed" playing near them? I've been to several gigs in the UK which were cheaper and quicker to get to than it would be to travel to Dublin from somewhere like Cork or Donegal.

I went to see Brother Ali at The Roadhouse in Manchester earlier this year. Very handy to the train station(i travelled up from London) and a nice small venue. Go for it!

Good to hear. How small are we talking? Capacity?
    the way I see it,if they cant be arsed coming over here I wouldnt be bothered putting myself out to see them,mightnt even be a good gig.

I'm living about an hour and a half away from Manchester. It'd take me just as long, if not longer, to get to the gig if it was on in Dublin and I was living at home in Kilkenny.

Good to hear. How small are we talking? Capacity?

I'd say it wouldn't hold more than 200. I personally prefer those kind of places than the bigger venues.

Heres some professional footage from Grieves opening up, you can see how intimate it is and they are practically just standing in front of you if you're at the front, just seperated by some speakers.

I'd say it wouldn't hold more than 200. I personally prefer those kind of places than the bigger venues.

Heres some professional footage from Grieves opening up, you can see how intimate it is and they are practically just standing in front of you if you're at the front, just seperated by some speakers.

Nice. The small gigs are great alright. Was hoping for a few more at it.

Hopefully the ticket price isn't too steep and the tickets don't end up selling out too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Killer Mike is touring Europe next year.

No Irish gigs. I might go up to the Manchester gig. Depends what lectures I have on the Tuesday. The gig is on in a place about 500 metres from Piccadilly station. Could even tempt a few others to come along (not to the gig) and head out after. I'll have a think about this one.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.22197/title.killer-mike-announces-2013-european-tour-dates

I'm so pissed he ain't coming here. He's the one rapper I would love to see live at the minute. I can only imagine the energy when he plays something like Big Beast or Pressure.

I would consider going to the London gig if I wasn't thinking about heading to Mexico in the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Who's going to EMINEM? playing Slane castle in August, gonna book tickets 2moro. If anything like O2 should be class! Any other hip hop concerts on this year? Not little wayne or crap

floggg wrote: »
    I'm so pissed he ain't coming here. He's the one rapper I would love to see live at the minute. I can only imagine the energy when he plays something like Big Beast or Pressure.

I would consider going to the London gig if I wasn't thinking about heading to Mexico in the summer.

I've just gotten used to Ireland being by-passed for gigs. Anytime I'm travelling around Europe I'm trying to plan it so that I'll be able to catch a show.
    I was over in Berlin a few weeks ago and thought I had timed it perfectly to catch Ugly Duckling....but ended up missing them by 2 days due to my plans changing.

On the topic of Ugly Duckling, they are playing a gig in Cali soon with (set faces to stun) The Pharcyde (20 years show), Souls of Mischief, Ab-Soul and CloudMakers (that is a guy called Thesis's group that I've posted about before).
    I was even offered the opportunity of €20 dollar tickets for this, or free if I hand out flyers........shame I'm in Dublin and not Cali!

At least we have Action Bronson in the next few days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im honestly struggling to find funds for this eminem concert, bad timing near xmas to put the tickets on sale. Il be lurking on donedeal near the concert time i suppose to try and get my hands on one.

areyawell wrote: »
    Who's going to EMINEM? playing Slane castle in August, gonna book tickets 2moro.

How are you going to book tickets tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Anyone know how many tickets per customer they're allowing for Eminem? I'd imagine it's 4-6?

Advertisement