Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I've just gotten used to Ireland being by-passed for gigs. Anytime I'm travelling around Europe I'm trying to plan it so that I'll be able to catch a show.
    I was over in Berlin a few weeks ago and thought I had timed it perfectly to catch Ugly Duckling....but ended up missing them by 2 days due to my plans changing.

On the topic of Ugly Duckling, they are playing a gig in Cali soon with (set faces to stun) The Pharcyde (20 years show), Souls of Mischief, Ab-Soul and CloudMakers (that is a guy called Thesis's group that I've posted about before).
    I was even offered the opportunity of €20 dollar tickets for this, or free if I hand out flyers........shame I'm in Dublin and not Cali!

At least we have Action Bronson in the next few days!!

I was planning on bringing my boyfriend to Berlin at the end of January. I might have to try and see if I can push it back till the Killer Mike gig.

Though its a Wednesday which means I need more time off work than I'd planned on taking.

Any word on who's playing support for Eminem?

My lil sister wants to go and asked would I go with her. Not all that bothered, but if he brought decent support I'd go.

When he came to punchestown he had Obie Trice, Xzibit and Cypress Hill. 50 Cent was meant to come too if I recall but cancelled. Cypress Hill were epic - given most of the crowd had no idea who they were or any of their songs, the really rocked the place.

If he brought the likes of Slaughterhouse or Yelawolf this time I'd go.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

floggg wrote: »
    Any word on who's playing support for Eminem?

I think it'd be easy to presume that he'd have Shady artists supporting him but I'm not sure MCD would see Yela and Slaughterhouse as big enough to shift tickets.

Personally, I would like a bill of hip-hop acts but I reckon they'll probably throw on someone like Calvin Harris or Guetta to reel in the "Ah, we'll go for the craic" crowd, unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Judging by the recent performances online I have seen by Eminem I think this will be a shocking gig. No matter the support, he looks terrible live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Unfortunately all the blokes in my school who are loaded and have never even held an Eminem album in their lives and only listen to the likes of Lighters and Love the way you lie will get to go to this and me who owns all his albums bar the last 2 and i've heard the majority of his mixtape material cant afford a ticket, loada bollocks really, i woulda loved to see him live before he decides to retire which is gonna be pretty soon if you ask me, he's gettin auld now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Unfortunately all the blokes in my school who are loaded and have never even held an Eminem album in their lives and only listen to the likes of Lighters and Love the way you lie will get to go to this and me who owns all his albums bar the last 2 and i've heard the majority of his mixtape material cant afford a ticket, loada bollocks really, i woulda loved to see him live before he decides to retire which is gonna be pretty soon if you ask me, he's gettin auld now.

I reckon you have about 8 months to save 80 euro... Don't think these tickets won't sell out too quickly. They'll probably claim that they are to create demand but then "extra" tickets will be released closer to the date "due to phenomenal demand", like pretty much all big gigs here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Judging by the recent performances online I have seen by Eminem I think this will be a shocking gig. No matter the support, he looks terrible live now.

Yeah I'm not expecting great things to be honest but I've missed him every time he's been here before, haven't really been bothered about it in the past but I want to see him this time, cross it off my list..

I'd imagine these tickets will sell out very quickly..? If I'm online at 9AM on Wednesday morning should I be able to get them without any problem or is it likely that Ticketmaster will crash/sell out immediately?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not expecting great things to be honest but I've missed him every time he's been here before, haven't really been bothered about it in the past but I want to see him this time, cross it off my list..

True, one of the last times he will be here I suppose. But it will be pretty bad compared to every other time he has been here but better than nothing.

Didn't know pre-sale tickets for Eminem were available today...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

saw eminem in 2003,great gig but wouldnt go near this one even if tickets were 20 euro, hes been rubbish since the eminem show album.

saw eminem in 2003

That is the time to have seen him, 99-2003 maybe 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Wouldn't even bother with this. It'd cool to be able to say that you've seen someone that iconic, but I just wouldn't pay to see him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

saw eminem in 2003,great gig but wouldnt go near this one even if tickets were 20 euro, hes been rubbish since the eminem show album.
    was proof on stage with him then? if he was then you know it was a good gig, he was never the same without proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I ain't one to hate on Eminem. I love him. One of my favourites. €80 is so ****ing dear to see him. Jsut found out there that the Killer Mike concert is £8.50.

That's EIGHT POUNDS AND FIFTY PENCE.

Crazy value. His album, possibly the best of the year, costs more on Amazon.

You could get a flight over to Manchester, get a ticket for Mike, and still have money for pints beforehand out of €80.

I know they are two totally different artists in terms of commercial appeal, but, at the moment, in terms of output and form Mike is streets ahead. He should be the one charging €80.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    he was never the same without proof.

Or drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I ain't one to hate on Eminem. I love him. One of my favourites. €80 is so ****ing dear to see him. Jsut found out there that the Killer Mike concert is £8.50.

The two situations aren't really comparable though, are they?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just a reminder, Action Bronson is on tonight.

I'm still not sure if I can make it.......anyone else going?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

The crowd is what puts me off going to see Eminem. Seen him at Punchestown and it was the biggest pile of knackers I have ever seen. Xzibit and Cypress Hill were great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was at the Punchestown gig too. My mother brought me ha! Must of been only 10/11. One of the great memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

I've seen him twice before, Punchestown with Proof and in New York couple years ago with Jay-Z, thought he was phenomenal both times. Might give this one a miss though as no doubt the scum will flock in their thousands.

The two situations aren't really comparable though, are they?

Because Killer mike would be dope as **** and Eminem wouldn't?

Couldn't really make the Berlin gig work. The flights were working out in such a way that I would have to stay an extra night longer than planned which I couldn't afford. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

to be fair lads killer mike live isnt comparable in any way to eminem live. Em's set will include all the classics that alone is worth its weight in gold, to say you saw em live when the dust settles on his career is a nice achievement for any hip hop/eminem fan because he's one of the g.o.a.t.s.

Very harsh price but tbh i was expecting it, how much was WTT again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

to be fair lads killer mike live isnt comparable in any way to eminem live. Em's set will include all the classics that alone is worth its weight in gold, to say you saw em live when the dust settles on his career is a nice achievement for any hip hop/eminem fan because he's one of the g.o.a.t.s.

Pretty sure I paid around 80 euro for WTT, and it was totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I'd def head to Killer Mike before Eminem. No matter who it was, I'd rather stand with 200 people there for the music than pay far too much to stand with thousands of scenesters and drunk scantily clad 15 year old sl*ts who probably couldnt name any Eminem songs thats not on his greatest hits. It was bad enough last time I saw Kanye.

Thats just my opinon though. Maybe Im just getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Scantily-clad fifteen year old sluts?

Looks like I'll be waking up early tomorrow so.

Andy_rse wrote: »

I'd def head to Killer Mike before Eminem. No matter who it was, I'd rather stand with 200 people there for the music than pay far too much to stand with thousands of scenesters and drunk scantily clad 15 year old sl*ts who probably couldnt name any Eminem songs thats not on his greatest hits. It was bad enough last time I saw Kanye.

Thats just my opinon though. Maybe Im just getting old.

No it's a very valid opinion , especially on the drunk/teeny boppers. 50 cent headlined an event in Waterford 2 years ago, the amount of trouble was unreal.. It was the rowdiest concert Iv ever been too and it was ruined for me so much. Waterford is a sh*thole so when someone as big as that comes to town every head in the city comes out, there were 100s outside the concert looking in/sneaking in , it was just a terrible set up.

The other side of the coin is there's going to be idiots at evey concert no matter if its 200 or 2000 obviously the more there are the more idiots there will be !. Eminem will attract a mixed crowd though and your right in saying there will probaly be more genuine fans at killer mike but at the same time there will be a few who'll go along off their face not even knowing who killer mike is !.

The WTT concert had a great vibe and buzz to it aswell and then an idiot throws a coin at kanye nearly taking his eye out ! My point there's always going to be muppets at any event IMO.

I'ma kill you! with boredom because I looked depressed on stage. Some of the Dubliners look more lively on stage.

I'ma kill you! with boredom because I looked depressed on stage.

Fairly immature thing to say, would you blame the man for looking depressed when he's lost a best mate and is a recovering addict...

Just because he's famous doesn't mean he has some super human power to forget about his past. They say music should reflect how your feeling, he's obviously still down and angry over things.

• Advertisement

Fairly immature thing to say, would you blame the man for looking depressed when he's lost a best mate and is a recovering addict...

Just because he's famous doesn't mean he has some super human power to forget about his past. They say music should reflect how your feeling, he's obviously still down and angry over things.

I did not say he is depressed, I said he looks depressed on stage. His heart is not in his performances at all. He is not performing his sadder songs, obviously then he would perform them how they are.

He is still performing his older stuff and it sounds and looks ridiculous. I am not talking about his life, his life is his life and we all know bits of it but will never know the full story.

Look up a dictionary or how words have multiple meanings there.

Advertisement