Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2012

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The amount of fights going in hip hop the last year is unreal ... I say 2012 was an all time high for rappers scrapping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    They wouldn't last 4 3's with their egos on the line they'd be swinging like fúck and prob gas out within about 2 rounds, sure white collar events aren't even 4 3's, make it 3 2's and I reckon they'd have a nice little scrap. Have either of the lads ever boxed before?

Rob trains and has fought in competition when he was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Seaneh wrote: »
    Rob trains and has fought in competition when he was younger.

what club does he train with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

what club does he train with?

No idea. I don't know if hes living in Dublin or Wexico these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

been going to hip hop gigs for years and years and have always said 50 was the worst rapper live by miles,jeru the damaja was the best live.

Dont understand how 50 cent is classed as hip hop? Was that Jeru gig the one he done with Pharoahe Monch?, was livid i missed that, found out too late to go, id say come clean live was unbelievable! very jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

TheBza wrote: »
    Dont understand how 50 cent is classed as hip hop? Was that Jeru gig the one he done with Pharoahe Monch?, was livid i missed that, found out too late to go, id say come clean live was unbelievable! very jealous.

yup the jeru gig was the 1 he did with pharoahe monch, jean gray was support aswell,she was very good live like jeru. jeru jumped off stage straight after his set and mingled with the fans, sound guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

yup the jeru gig was the 1 he did with pharoahe monch, jean gray was support aswell,she was very good live like jeru. jeru jumped off stage straight after his set and mingled with the fans, sound guy.

Aww sweet, wish i was at that, cant see him coming back over here anytime soon either. Very jealous of that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Actually Pharoahe Monch was only supported by Jeru & DJ Tu-Ki in Tripod as Jean Gray supported Talib Kweli in the same venue a few weeks later.

That was back in the epic summer of 2007 when The Clipes played Vicar Street, Xzibit was in the Button Factory, Ghostface played the Tivoli, El-P rocked Tripod.........and Mos Def showed up over and hour late to briefly mumble through his back catalogue in a very disappointing show at the Village.

The best Jeru the Damaja gig I was at was in Ri-Ra back in 2005. It's such a small venue that he actually walked around through the crowd shaking peoples hands as he was performing. He stayed on for ages afterwards signing autographs, chatting and taking pictures with everyone. Dead sound bloke!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Raekwon wrote: »
    Actually Pharoahe Monch was only supported by Jeru & DJ Tu-Ki in Tripod as Jean Gray supported Talib Kweli in the same venue a few weeks later.

That was back in the epic summer of 2007 when The Clipes played Vicar Street, Xzibit was in the Button Factory, Ghostface played the Tivoli, El-P rocked Tripod.........and Mos Def showed up over and hour late to briefly mumble through his back catalogue in a very disappointing show at the Village.

The best Jeru the Damaja gig I was at was in Ri-Ra back in 2005. It's such a small venue that he actually walked around through the crowd shaking peoples hands as he was performing. He stayed on for ages afterwards signing autographs, chatting and taking pictures with everyone. Dead sound bloke!

The one in 2005....is that the one where he was hammered and stopped the set to go to the toilet? He was talking through the mic while doing his big boys business......excellent gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The one in 2005....is that the one where he was hammered and stopped the set to go to the toilet? He was talking through the mic while doing his big boys business......excellent gig.

Haha yeah, that was the one. Brilliant gig and it was only something like a tenner in too if I remember correctly.

Raekwon wrote: »

ah ya your right, what a summer that was in dublin for hip hop gigs, was at the xzibit and ghostface gigs,myself and my mates were drinking with trife da god after the ghostface gig,really sound guy.think public enemy played tripod that summer aswell,good gig. thought clipse cancelled their show?i had tickets to see them but had to get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

my mates were drinking with trife da god after the ghostface gig,really sound guy.

And a fantastic rapper as well. His debut is very good.

just saw some youtube vids of kendrick lamar's gig in vicar street the other night, looks like it was a great gig, full of woop there it is kids but other than that bit pissed off I missed it but had an exam the next day so what can you do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

just saw some youtube vids of kendrick lamar's gig in vicar street the other night, looks like it was a great gig, full of woop there it is kids but other than that bit pissed off I missed it but had an exam the next day so what can you do.

Pretty Boy embedded a few of his mates' videos on the Kendrick Lamar thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82694426&postcount=631

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82730308&postcount=650

nor too familiar with this guy but have been checking his stuff out the last while, saw a shyne diss song he did which i thought was very good, eventhough i was a big shyne fan, but iv just copped hes prob the new game ya??maybe better than game?loved games old stuff but dont pass much heed on him these days but he is a talent still no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kennedmc

been going to hip hop gigs for years and years and have always said 50 was the worst rapper live by miles,jeru the damaja was the best live.

Saw Jeru in the pod around 2000/2001 - really good gig.

lupe fiasco in tripod in 2008 was probably the second best live performance iv seen.

Advertisement