Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Revue with Google TV

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

i side loaded google music on mine months ago because i dont think the app is available over here, so i doubt it has been updating from the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

parsi wrote: »
    If you still have your revue check your data usage.

There's a bug in a recent update to Google music causing it to download massive amounts of data (Mine downloaded over 1TB in a month).

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue-and-Accessories/Google-Play-Music-v4-3-609-Background-Downloading-many-GB-s/td-p/882344/highlight/false/page/2

Got caught by this myself. I have unblockus running on my Revue and I updated the Google Music app in mid-August.

Over 400Gb of data downloaded in September before I noticed it on the Eircom website.

Eircom haven't charged me before for going over my 50Gb cap so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

god's toy wrote: »
    Originally Posted by parsi View Post
    If you still have your revue check your data usage.

There's a bug in a recent update to Google music causing it to download massive amounts of data (Mine downloaded over 1TB in a month).

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue-...t/false/page/2

Thanks for heads up.

Where did you see it downloaded that much? Is there a setting on the revue itsself?

I know on most roms you can find it but i'm not seeing one.

Is there a way to check how much data each app has downloaded? Also, Parsi, were you using Google Music, or an American DNS? I've never been able to get that app to do anything at all. I assumed it was because it was geo-blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

If you want to try Google Music you can follow these steps:

1) Download TunnelBear, free version. Switch it on so it appears that you're in the US.
    2) Sign in to Google Music. It seems to check your location the first time only.

You can also install TunnelBear on a laptop. Again, your location is checked first time only.

After that you can upload your music to Google Music without using TunnelBear. The music will then be available on your Revue and your phone etc.

By the way, the 8tracks app works great on the Revue!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Sappy404 wrote: »

Is there a way to check how much data each app has downloaded? Also, Parsi, were you using Google Music, or an American DNS? I've never been able to get that app to do anything at all. I assumed it was because it was geo-blocked.

I installed "data counter widget" - works ok.

I use unblock-us on the revue for Netflix so all my traffic goes via the US ,google music was setup months ago just to see how it was. You only really need the proxy to sign up for google music - it works fine afterwards.

• Advertisement

Just launched Google Play Music, which I assume is Google Music, and it's on version 4.3.615.481147. Cache is 0kb, data 184k, so I guess I'm OK? I suppose there's no real way to tell as I haven't installed a data tracker, but I haven't used a US DNS in months and I've never seen the app connect to a music store or configured it to do anything really - all it sees are local MP3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Google Music is supposed to be launching in Europe in November so watch out in case the app starts downloading then

I've completely disabled it on my Revue as I wasn't even using it anyway.

Just launched Google Play Music, which I assume is Google Music, and it's on version 4.3.615.481147. Cache is 0kb, data 184k, so I guess I'm OK? I suppose there's no real way to tell as I haven't installed a data tracker, but I haven't used a US DNS in months and I've never seen the app connect to a music store or configured it to do anything really - all it sees are local MP3s.

Have you set it to link to your Google a/c ?

As mentioned I downloaded over 1TB of data but the revue doesn't have anything like that capacity so the Cache/Data readings may not mean much. To be on the safe side install a counter, check it a few times and if nothing odd you can uninstall it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

I've a Revue and am using Unotelly (UnoDNS) for location free services.
    I have nothing uploaded to Google Music - is there any danger so of spurious downloads? Does Google Music only 'accidently' download if you have music uploaded to the a/c?
    Do those of you who are experiencing large downloads have anything uploaded to your Google Music a/c's?
    Thanks.

Have you set it to link to your Google a/c ?

There's no setting in the app to do this. It's basically just a music player interface as far as I can see, with it auto-detecting local files only and not providing an option for much else. It was installed when I performed the last update.

As mentioned I downloaded over 1TB of data but the revue doesn't have anything like that capacity so the Cache/Data readings may not mean much. To be on the safe side install a counter, check it a few times and if nothing odd you can uninstall it.

I'll do this later. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

Just checked on eircom there and it looks like i'm OK. It must be to do with the version of Play Music. I have it installed on my Revue and have all my music uploaded but only stream a little on the Revue (mostly use my phone)

My usage last month on eircom was only 10gb. I will be very careful about updating this app on my revue.

I do have the latest version on my phone but it doesn't seem to be download much

There's no setting in the app to do this. It's basically just a music player interface as far as I can see, with it auto-detecting local files only and not providing an option for much else. It was installed when I performed the last update.

When you fire up the app it looks for a/c settings or tells you to link to it from the google music page.

I'll do this later. Any recommendations?

I used "Data Counter Widget" - nothing special, it came at the top of the list.

When you fire up the app it looks for a/c settings or tells you to link to it from the google music page.

This never came up for me. Are you using the Play Music app that came with the Revue or did you side load another version?

Yes I was using the stock app - didn't mess around with the revue at all (unlike all my other android devices).

Yes I was using the stock app - didn't mess around with the revue at all (unlike all my other android devices).

Thanks. I can only assume it didn't attempt to sync with my Google a/c because I don't have an American DNS. Seems like I dodged a bullet.

Advertisement