Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Revue with Google TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭dunworth1

just got a message this morning about updating

now running 3.2

play store is now installing app without need to rebot

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Read on official Logitech forum Revue Honeycomb 3.2 being rolled out from middle of last week (also known as Google TV 2.1.1 update).
    This should bring the Revue into line with the Sony systems, which were updated back in February to Honeycomb 3.2, and again just last week to 2.1.1.

From memory the main benefits of the 3.2 update were:
    • Hardware video acceleration
    • Improvements to Chrome speed and stability, including Flash
    • HLS support (HTTP Live Streaming)
    • General bugfixes

Certainly HLS worth it - for Plex users (myself included) should allow server transcoding of anything the Revue will not natively play. Have found native file support on the Revue generally good, with exception of DTS which it won't decode. Now Plex should be able to decode server side.

Update hasn't reached me yet, but I understand these things can take a while to hit, like the Play Store update. The Google Services Framework trick hasn't done anything for me yet either. Which DNS are you guys using who've received update? Mine is set to Google DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Running unblockus on mine which may be why forcing a system update worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭dunworth1

polaris68 wrote: »
    Running unblockus on mine which may be why forcing a system update worked for me.

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

I'm using unblock and tried the above instructions and no update for me yet.
    The last update was also slow to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I used unblock-us but the forcing of the upgrade didn't work and it arrived overnight.

Google music syncs all music info but the songs don't play - anybody else experiencing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

Delighted to see MKV video file seeking now works properly.

Files with DTS audio used to play video with no audio. I was hoping to use the optical output to allow my AVR to decode the audio but these files won't play at all since the 3.2 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

parsi wrote: »
    I used unblock-us but the forcing of the upgrade didn't work and it arrived overnight.

Google music syncs all music info but the songs don't play - anybody else experiencing this ?

Working ok for me. I have read on the Logitech forum that some people have had to do a factory reset following the update to get some apps working.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

My box updated yesterday, now to explore the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

My box updated yesterday, now to explore the changes.

Updated mine last night. Update with any worthwhile finds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

just came across this online.

http://lifehacker.com/5923246/use-your-google-tv-as-a-wireless-bridge

you can use the Ethernet Port on the back of your Google Tv as a bridge. This means if Sky ever release Anytime+ over here you can plug your sky box into the Revue Ethernet port and the internet will be forwarded to the Sky+ box.

This is handy for me because my router and Sky+ boxes are on opposite sides of the house. My plan was to buy one of those Power Outlet ethernet thingys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

When I select Google Play Store it shows "Loading" with spinning circle, after which nothing happens, screen stays blank.

Help !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

banchang wrote: »
    When I select Google Play Store it shows "Loading" with spinning circle, after which nothing happens, screen stays blank.

Help !

I had that error too but in my case it was 'unblock-us' needed to be visited on the Review's browser and once the add ip button was clicked it went away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

god's toy wrote: »
    I had that error too but in my case it was 'unblock-us' needed to be visited on the Review's browser and once the add ip button was clicked it went away.

How do I do that?

bmaxi wrote: »
    How do I do that?

Do you pay for unblock-us?

You can get a week free here:
    http://www.unblock-us.com/

Do you pay for unblock-us?

You can get a week free here:
    http://www.unblock-us.com/

Yes I do use unblock-us, I wanted to know what you meant in your post by "visit unblock-us and add IP".

bmaxi wrote: »
    Yes I do use unblock-us, I wanted to know what you meant in your post by "visit unblock-us and add IP".

Cool,

OK when my Logitech review stops updating (in netflix or Play market) I just open the Chrome browser (on the box) and go to unblock-us main page, from there a drop down box will tell me my IP is not recognised and I have to click the link to add it and continue. Once I do this everything just starts to work once more until the next time.

I put the unblock-us page on as a bookmark the main bar of the review to keep the processes as quick as possible.

Note: I have the servers of unblock-us set as my default DNS in my router, I am not sure if this makes any difference to the drop-down box appearing or not on the main page.

Cool,

OK when my Logitech review stops updating (in netflix or Play market) I just open the Chrome browser (on the box) and go to unblock-us main page, from there a drop down box will tell me my IP is not recognised and I have to click the link to add it and continue. Once I do this everything just starts to work once more until the next time.

I put the unblock-us page on as a bookmark the main bar of the review to keep the processes as quick as possible.

Note: I have the servers of unblock-us set as my default DNS in my router, I am not sure if this makes any difference to the drop-down box appearing or not on the main page.

I just assigned mine a static IP and it seems to update OK now. I think poor download speed can affect it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

quick question, what, if anything, are people using to stream from Android Phone to Google TV or laptop to Google TV?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭LightHugger

Found this Live TV app for the Revue on Google Play today:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.ibox.gtv1

Loads of channels, including the Irish ones.

It seems you have to sign-up to a monthly subscription to get the TV service. Tried out the sample channel. Picture quality on my home broadband was good on the Revue.

Anybody using it?

Looks like its based in Ireland: http://www.ibox.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

It seems you have to sign-up to a monthly subscription to get the TV service. Tried out the sample channel. Picture quality on my home broadband was good on the Revue.

Anybody using it?

I noticed that app this morning, I downloaded it on my galaxy s2. It works well, picture quality is very good. I've signed up for a month - only a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

brian_rbk wrote: »
    I noticed that app this morning, I downloaded it on my galaxy s2. It works well, picture quality is very good. I've signed up for a month - only a tenner.

Watch out though, their website says:
    Automatic payments taken every month.

invest4deepvalue.com

It says they take PayPal. I've used the monthly automatic subscription thing on PayPal before for another service. Its was easy enough to stop the payments myself on my PayPal account. You just need to remember to do it before the next payment is due to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Strangely, they seem to use the Revue as the set-top box you get when you sign up for a year. There's a €99 installation fee.

http://www.ibox.ie/sign-up.html

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Anybody using it?

Just signed up for this today after seeing your post - cheers.

Signed up to pay monthly via PayPal so I'll see how it goes.

I had full access approx 1 min after signing up - it was very fast & easy to do.

They indicate when you sign up you'll get an email with instructions but I didn't need to wait for that email, I was able to immediately log in & use the service once I'd paid (by using the login & password I setup during the signup process).

I downloaded their Android App - again quick & easy to do.

Quality is excellent.

I'm running it on a HP Touchpad with ICS installed.

Thumbs up from me anyway (first day of use though so hopefully the service continues as good as its been).

(I'm not in any way associated or affliated with the company other than being a new customer as of today..)

Here's some good information from the iBox Team to questions I'd asked them today.. Great customer responsiveness. Post number 5 on their iBox Forum.

http://forums.ibox.ie/Forums/yaf_postsm39_Using-iBox-on-Android-phones-and-tablets.aspx#post39

Well bonoman, you've convinced me to give it a try. I signed-up after 11PM last night, for the iBox at Home package, and like you I was able to login to it immediately using their app on my Revue. Presume they have that whole sign-up thing automated. Doubt they have people sitting around at 11PM waiting for insomniacs like me to sign-up :)

Interestingly they only charged me €8 (instead of the published fee of €20). Using my legendary (not!) maths skills, I think that means they only charged me up till the end of this month.

I have the Revue hooked up to a Plasma at home. iBox picture quality is damn good on it. At least as good as Netflix. The app seems stable & easy to use. EPG layout is a bit weird, but I'll probably get used to that. It has all the prog info in it anyway.

I'm going to give it a good test between now & the end of the month. My Cable TV box is starting to look a bit worried ...

Interestingly they only charged me €8 (instead of the published fee of €20). Using my legendary (not!) maths skills, I think that means they only charged me up till the end of this month.

Yes - same with me.

I got charged €4 - which is the appropriate amount for the remainder of this month for the iBox 'On The Go' Package etc..

Its very handy being able to get access to so many TV stations, live in such high quality, in such an easy way - particularly for me on my portable devices - I find that very useful.

I've one plasma in the house (fed via regular satellite box) & I can now use my Android Tablet as a seperate portable TV, moving from room to room as I need. Handy when making the dinner & my tablet located on a nearby counter, or even if I'm visiting my parents / friends (useable via their BB connection) etc..

Very interesting solution, in such an easy to use manner & in such high quality (I appreciate the speed of the BB connection will have a bearing on any individuals experience or can affect the quality.)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If you still have your revue check your data usage.

There's a bug in a recent update to Google music causing it to download massive amounts of data (Mine downloaded over 1TB in a month).

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue-and-Accessories/Google-Play-Music-v4-3-609-Background-Downloading-many-GB-s/td-p/882344/highlight/false/page/2

• Advertisement

parsi wrote: »
    If you still have your revue check your data usage.

There's a bug in a recent update to Google music causing it to download massive amounts of data (Mine downloaded over 1TB in a month).

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue-and-Accessories/Google-Play-Music-v4-3-609-Background-Downloading-many-GB-s/td-p/882344/highlight/false/page/2

Thanks for heads up.

Where did you see it downloaded that much? Is there a setting on the revue itsself?

I know on most roms you can find it but i'm not seeing one.

Advertisement