Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Revue with Google TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

Is there a way to make the picture in picture bigger?

Have to say that this box with the addition of Netflix is brilliant. Hats off to Podge for a great price find.

If you hold down the "Picture in Picture" button on the keyboard, you'll get a menu that allows you to move the picture around the screen or increase the size of the picture(only increases it slightly though).

While the netflix app is definitely a plus point, I don't like the usability of the app. Its a lot better and easier to navigate around the netflix app on the AppleTV. On the Google TV app, the only way you can use the app is to use the search function, browsing the categories just isn't possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

talla wrote: »
    If you hold down the "Picture in Picture" button on the keyboard, you'll get a menu that allows you to move the picture around the screen or increase the size of the picture(only increases it slightly though).

While the netflix app is definitely a plus point, I don't like the usability of the app. Its a lot better and easier to navigate around the netflix app on the AppleTV. On the Google TV app, the only way you can use the app is to use the search function, browsing the categories just isn't possible.

Cool:) Can you get it to have the internet as the picture in picture, I can only seam to have the TV (Sky) in the small box?

Agree the App it needs some work it feels like it's missing a menu or are we missing it:confused:, was using the website to today on the pc and it was a lot easier Navigate.

Cool:) Can you get it to have the internet as the picture in picture, I can only seam to have the TV (Sky) in the small box?

I believe apps have to support the Picture in Picture, the browser doesn't work as the Picture. Would have been handy as I wanted to leave the Uefa ticket portal open in the Picture in Picture so I could keep an eye out for Ireland tickets.

Has anyone found an option for safely shutting off the box yet?(even a menu option).
    Only method currently i have is to disconnect the power supply which I don't like doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

I havent done this myself but i just found this online:

From the Home Page select Menu>Settings>Picture & Sound>Screen off timeout. The default setting is 'Never'. I changed the setting to 2hrs. When the Revue is not in uses the unit shuts down and the constant power light is turned off. The unit will power on once you press a key on the keyboard.

the very next post in the thread i found that says the screen switches off but the power light stays on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

sign up for http://www.unblock-us.com/ and it looks like us sites work like netflix. Costs 3.90 euro a month for unblok-us sub.
    Google
    I signed up for netflix last year using an entropay account and worked out as just over 6 euros per month. Not subscribed to it at the moment so cant confirm it works but i was able log into netflix no problem.

So a tenner a month wouldnt be too bad for the content you would get from netflix.

unblock-us seems too good to be true! us sites work and uk sites work (rte player still works but the picture doesnt get displayed right on the google tv). You just have to change your dns when you sign up for it.

How did you get unblock us to work with google tv/revue ?

When I follow the instructions for Google tv & set IP to static, & key in the required DNS, i'm told ethernet not connected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Im assuming you put in a static IP as well??? if not then you need to ...I found that it was easiest to change the setting on my router..to the unblock us DNS settings as this then allowed all the devices in the house to use it ...I know that netflix has gone away as a use case for it ...but handy for watching bbc iplayer and itv ( chrome) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Liking this Revue box so far... :)

But I'm having some techy issues that maybe others are having too.
    Info on the net is pretty sparse about them so I'll list them here for the heck of it.

I'm trying to connect my Logitech M305 mouse to the Revue (the box has a unifying receiver built in I believe)
    but when I try to pair it I get an "Unknown Error - An error occurred while pairing" message.
    I figure having a mouse connected would speed up messing around with the Revue, so it would be nice to get it working.

EDIT - Got a mouse working! I used another Logitech mouse and plugged the receiver into the USB port at the back and it worked instantly.
    Only left-click and scroll are allowed to work with Android, but it's so much easier to do stuff now.

Also I've been messing around with PLEX on my PC and it's great,
    it would be fantastic if it worked 100% with the Revue, but I understand there's some glitches with it, according to the net.
    So, if I buy the Plex app to mess around with it, would it be okay to factory reset the box and still get access to the purchase?
    Android is new to me so I'm not sure myself.

Btw, if anyone wants to see what it the Revue looks like inside have a look here;
    http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Logitech-Revue-Teardown/3788/1

I reckon this Revue box has the potential to be a cracking Home Entertainment hub and I'm enjoying messing with it so far. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Anyone know if the revue works with a touchscreen monitor?

Moon54 wrote: »
    Liking this Revue box so far... :)

Also I've been messing around with PLEX on my PC and it's great,
    it would be fantastic if it worked 100% with the Revue, but I understand there's some glitches with it, according to the net.
    So, if I buy the Plex app to mess around with it, would it be okay to factory reset the box and still get access to the purchase?
    Android is new to me so I'm not sure myself.

If you buy something on the Android Market and then reset the box all you need to do is go back into the Market and you will be able to download it again. The purchase is linked to your google account so you wont have to re-buy the app.

Also once you buy it you, if you have an Android phone you can install it on that also.

I am also loving my Revue, and I don't even have my Tv channels running through it. Even thinking of upgrading to Sky HD just so i can use the Revue more :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So the On-live app is now on GoogleTV, or least it listed as beinng for GoogleTV untill you try to download the app.

Also wife wanted the QVC app but then I get the same error, it's listed as a GTV app but says not compatible

Add that with the some apps that came already installed on the box but wont update for the same reasons

Just my box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Exactly what file formats does the Revue support? I have some content on a hard drive, a mix of AVI, MKV, DIVX but keep getting the same "can't play video" message.

bmaxi wrote: »
    Exactly what file formats does the Revue support?

It plays back the majority of my files; AVIs,MP4s but some MKVs have no sound.
    It is supposed to play .MOV,.FLV etc but I haven't tried them yet.

Are you using a hard drive directly connected to the Revue or streaming it via network?

It plays back the majority of my files; AVIs,MP4s but some MKVs have no sound.
    It is supposed to play .MOV,.FLV etc but I haven't tried them yet.

Are you using a hard drive directly connected to the Revue or streaming it via network?

via network.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

bmaxi wrote: »
    Exactly what file formats does the Revue support? I have some content on a hard drive, a mix of AVI, MKV, DIVX but keep getting the same "can't play video" message.
    Good list of supported formats here:
    Google TV supported media formats.

I have a mixture of files myself (mostly MKV with H264 video and AVI with XVID or DIVX) and so far it's played all except VOB (DVD files) I've tried. Also tried some FLV's and worked fine.
    Does not support DTS though, so only video plays on any files with DTS audio.
    Note I am serving video using Logitech Media Server running on another PC and playing using Logitech Media Player on the Revue.

HTH.

Tried connecting directly to the revue and it played most files. Don't really want to do that, I can't figure why it won't stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭deadduck

anyone on here having issues with the initial sign-in stage (step 5)? I keep getting "username and password do not match" errors?

deadduck wrote: »
    anyone on here having issues with the initial sign-in stage (step 5)? I keep getting "username and password do not match" errors?

never mind. I use 2-step verification for my google account, forgot that I needed to generate a new password! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

god's toy wrote: »
    So the On-live app is now on GoogleTV, or least it listed as beinng for GoogleTV untill you try to download the app.

Also wife wanted the QVC app but then I get the same error, it's listed as a GTV app but says not compatible

Add that with the some apps that came already installed on the box but wont update for the same reasons

Just my box?

Same issues as me. A lot of apps say they're not compatible or the pre-installed ones won't work.

antodeco wrote: »
    Same issues as me. A lot of apps say they're not compatible or the pre-installed ones won't work.

I used my SGS2 as a hotspot last night and I got the Onlive and QVC apps to install without a hitch, I can only think it's the DNS change in the router I did for Netflix USA that's somehow blocking it from working as my android phone also stopped updating apps over the same router at the same time. In the phones case I had to download a DNS app to get the phone to update apps over that same router.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    A lot of apps say they're not compatible or the pre-installed ones won't work.

I had some issues installing apps a few days ago, when I clicked 'install' it
    would say 'app will be installed shortly' but wouldn't appear in the app list,
    then yesterday when I first turned it on I had a notification to say that the app was successfully installed.

It's weird, it's like it took a couple of days to install it, I'm blaming google marketplace for it however.

The app was IMDB btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

I had some issues installing apps a few days ago, when I clicked 'install' it
    would say 'app will be installed shortly' but wouldn't appear in the app list,
    then yesterday when I first turned it on I had a notification to say that the app was successfully installed.

It's weird, it's like it took a couple of days to install it, I'm blaming google marketplace for it however.

The app was IMDB btw.

App loading is glitchy; known problem. And not confined to any specific apps either.

Have to say, I find the omission of a skype app pretty shocking, I was sure this would be here as a given...

deadduck wrote: »
    Have to say, I find the omission of a skype app pretty shocking, I was sure this would be here as a given...

how would you skype from the Revue? Do you have an android compatible Camera and Mic?

nedd wrote: »
    how would you skype from the Revue? Do you have an android compatible Camera and Mic?

I don't but logitech sell a revue camera for their own Logitech Vid HD. Would this not be compatible with a skype app? If it were available?

That's the very reason Logitech didnt make it Skype compatable, if you add there cam you have to use there app that's a (so called) 'rival'

i just signed this, might help get some interesting things going with the revue:

https://www.change.org/petitions/logitech-release-an-open-boot-loader-for-the-logitech-revue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Has production of the Revue definitely stopped or what are the future plans for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Hi folks

I've read as this is designed for the US that apps from European Android store won't install. Is access to the Android market geo-blocked? If so is it possible to use a US proxy to get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Is there something I can do to get upc on this?
    I don't have a hd box just a normal one with a scart lead is there any converter etc i could get?

Advertisement