Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***MOTORS MEET - Saturday Jan 21st Portlaoise***

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I've never been able to pinpoint the sound the Buddyclub exhaust makes until now.

Does yours have a BuddyClub on it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

EPM wrote: »
    You'd be very suprised the differences that an extra couple of minutes a journey takes with traffic etc. Definitelty something to keep an eye on.

Also...320km to a tank is frightening:o

If I used vtec the whole time, it wouldn't be so frightening.....but I don't so it's a bit scary!!

vtec.....such a cool name. and im not a jap fan at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Does yours have a BuddyClub on it?!

Yup

my friend has one on an eg b18 and i would be unable to deal with that noise all the time. are they all screamers? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

BDJW wrote: »
    If I used vtec the whole time, it wouldn't be so frightening.....but I don't so it's a bit scary!!

Even the ST manages 380 - 400 km a tank with normal driving, 320 km sounds really low for a FN Civic Type R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

draffodx wrote: »
    Even the ST manages 380 - 400 km a tank with normal driving, 320 km sounds really low for a GTi.

Those vtec GTIs are bastards on juice.

EPM wrote: »
    Those vtec GTIs are bastards on juice.

Think thats a sign I need sleep!

Even the ST manages 380 - 400 km a tank with normal driving, 320 km sounds really low for a FN Civic Type R.

I really have to get it looked at soon. Only plus point for the moment is that I don't do huge mileage, so I don't have to fill up every week so bad fuel consumption is clearing out my wallet too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

320km!?! I can get that no bother motorway driving in the Trans Am and it's a 3 speed 6.6 V8 as well as being over 30 years old! I think the tank is 65L too.:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I did something like 350km on saturday in the GTI and used somewhere between half and 3/4 of a tank (closer to 1/2), there was a decent bit of spirited driving too. I'd have only used about half a tank with more normal driving.

The thought of even less km's of driving using a full tank is frightening! There must be something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

voxpop wrote: »
    @TestTransmission: that tin can exhaust melted your bumper yet? :pac:

Expensive tin cans... :p
    are they all screamers? :pac:

I find they always scream :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Honestly lads, when comparing km per tank filling on different cars, please also consider, that there can be different tank sizes.

An E39 BMW M5 does around 500 km on a tank, while the E60 M5 only does 250 to max 300 km per tank.

The reason for that is not, that the E60 is more thirsty. Well, it is, but not that much. The reason is, that the tank in the E60 was designed for a feckin' E60 520d !!! The tank in the E60's is at least 10l smaller than the E39's to save space.

It's only in the F10 now, that BMW has given the M5 a bigger tank than all the other F10 models.

So, when you compare the same cars, fair enough, otherwise, add the tank size. Sure, the shorter distances you get per km on a tank is an annoyance in regards, to how often you need to hit a fuel station. But that's about it.

I used to have to hit the fuel station for every 150 km on my Yamaha RD400. But that's because it's a tiny tank and a thirsty 2-stroke motorbike all the same.

/M

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    320km!?! I can get that no bother motorway driving in the Trans Am and it's a 3 speed 6.6 V8 as well as being over 30 years old! I think the tank is 65L too.:eek::eek::eek:
    I did something like 350km on saturday in the GTI and used somewhere between half and 3/4 of a tank (closer to 1/2), there was a decent bit of spirited driving too. I'd have only used about half a tank with more normal driving.

The thought of even less km's of driving using a full tank is frightening! There must be something up.

To be fair, I usually just do very short journeys. I'm usually only on open motorways twice or 3 times a month for a couple of miles at a time.

The Civic has a 50 litre tank, and I always gauge how many miles I get from brimming it until when the petrol light comes on. As I said earlier, I was getting about, or slightly below 400km, it now seems to have dropped about 60-70 kms per tank :mad:

50 litres for the Civic versus 55 litres for the ST (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

wow... didnt expect that MPG from a civic.

my little 1.4 sei dsi give about 44 - 52 MPG depending

usually i'd get about 650 - 800 KM's per tank (slightly smaller 44 liter tank)

i know those figures are very wide but depends on driving and where im driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Marlow wrote: »
    Honestly lads, when comparing km per tank filling on different cars, please also consider, that there can be different tank sizes.
    Stop trying to bring logic and sense to the thread! I was just about to sweep in and declare how my V12 does 520km to a tank, but the tank is 90litres. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

50 litres for the Civic versus 55 litres for the ST (I think)

55 indeed.

This tank is the first time I'm going to hit 500km since I bought it and I have the Portlaoise trip to thank for that. I usually get 450km from it with reserved enough driving and not engaging the Turbo a lot. 400km or less when I drive for the smiles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement