Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***MOTORS MEET - Saturday Jan 21st Portlaoise***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I never got to talk to you Lightening, I was dying for a sit in the car. Looks well in the flesh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I got great MPG on the way home :D

The needle never even dropped

Every cloud....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

That S2000 looks the business.
    jenizzle wrote: »

I still feckin' love that S2000.

People with good taste obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

People with good taste obviously

Who was the really sound guy that talked you into turning Japanese?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Who was the really sound guy that talked you into turning Japanese?

This fella? :pac:

83c41a8d-7b62-41fd-806d-00f4e46098ac.jpg

(yes, it was you )

• Advertisement

While I think of it, somebody mentioned to me yesterday (I think it was Tal) about getting Boards Motors Stickers done up, I enquired about this before and the line from the office was that it wouldn't be ok, if somebody got one and was acting the muppet etc etc

TBH I'd have to agree, look at the name Midnight Club got, even though 90% of the members over there are actually sound

This fella? :pac:

Sorry but I'm a believer in 'Credit where it's due'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

While I think of it, somebody mentioned to me yesterday (I think it was Tal) about getting Boards Motors Stickers done up, I enquired about this before and the line from the office was that it wouldn't be ok, if somebody got one and was acting the muppet etc etc

TBH I'd have to agree, look at the name Midnight Club got, even though 90% of the members over there are actually sound
    Yeah it was me, and you're super quick response of "no way" proves that you have been well trained in for the boards position :p

Tallon wrote: »
    Yeah it was me, and you're super quick response of "no way" proves that you have been well trained in for the boards position :p

**** off, don't tar me with that brush lol!

And I work for Adverts you cheeky prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

TRANSFORMATION TO BOARDS CORPORATE SUIT - COMPLETE

• Advertisement

What if there was a system in place to ensure that this didn't happen?

Something like a thread started where you ask for one and have to post a picture of it on your car along with something like having to tick an agreement thing to say that you won't give it to anyone else?

Also each user only gets one. I know there's a lot of holes in the overall idea :(

Quazzie wrote: »
    TRANSFORMATION TO BOARDS CORPORATE SUIT - COMPLETE

Ask me arse you, we had to spend 2 hours cleaning the apartment last night because of you
    What if there was a system in place to ensure that this didn't happen?

Something like a thread started where you ask for one and have to post a picture of it on your car along with something like having to tick an agreement thing to say that you won't give it to anyone else?

Also each user only gets one. I know there's a lot of holes in the overall idea :(

It's not down to the type of car, it's down to the muppet behind the wheel. Too much work for very little reward imo

It's not down to the type of car, it's down to the muppet behind the wheel. Too much work for very little reward imo

I know that but it's kind of a way of making sure that it wasn't given to someone else.

Sure think about it, someone could do up their own sticker or even just print onto a piece of paper and put it in their window.

I know that but it's kind of a way of making sure that it wasn't given to someone else.

Sure think about it, someone could do up their own sticker or even just print onto a piece of paper and put it in their window.

It's not my call, far from it. It's down to Dav really, I personally would like it and would out one on my car(s) but I do see the drawbacks

Well how about making it your call Gary?! haha

I do see the drawbacks too but I am of the opinion that each person on the motors forum, from what I can tell, isn't going to act the git.

Then again you can't account for everyone.

Well how about making it your call Gary?! haha

I do see the drawbacks too but I am of the opinion that each person on the motors forum, from what I can tell, isn't going to act the git.

Then again you can't account for everyone.

I don't see how it could be my call!

If somebody wanted to they could ask Dav, maybe one of the mods? and discuss the pros and cons with him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Would it be possible to get stickers made up that don't relate to or states boards on them but that the users of the motors forum will recognise?

A symbol or something but no text, I guess that might work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

draffodx wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get stickers made up that don't relate to or states boards on them but that the users of the motors forum will recognise?

That's not a bad idea.

EPM wrote: »
    That's not a bad idea.

How about our usernames in a certain font and our car manufacturer's logo either side?

Or an adaptation of the ATWR logo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

What about something small like the ones from bmw-driver?

189456.jpg

189457.jpg

They are small and not too obvious but are nice to have anyway.

PS, please excuse filthy car, its clean right now :)

• Advertisement

Can't see pics Paul :(

draffodx wrote: »

398607_10150478234471436_553321435_9131812_1530913134_n.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Can't see pics Paul :(

Sorry, linked it from bmw-driver! Should be fixed now.

Tal, that's a cool sticker and all but it wouldn't suit my tastes to have it on my car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

How about our usernames in a certain font and our car manufacturer's logo either side?

I can picture me driving around *Skoda Badge Vectra Skoda Badge* :D

What the feck kind of quoting are you trying to do their vectra?!

Ah sure it's a wonder Opel aren't part of the VAG by now!

Tal, that's a cool sticker and all but it wouldn't suit my tastes to have it on my car :(
    Ah I'm kidding :P

I think a subtle name would be good alright...

Like: Motors Forum or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How about

"/Motors/<username>"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How about a mushroom?

4315EE0DBF74438FBC93E8B353FCE5A8-0000324027-0002712667-00800L-E33B3F51D0E144869132AFF43BB39911.jpg

(well, I think it's a mushroom...)

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    (well, I think it's a mushroom...)

The eyes see what the mind wants them to see :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement