Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***MOTORS MEET - Saturday Jan 21st Portlaoise***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The highlight of my day was that daysul R32 Golf that drove through the car park and the whhhooooossssshhhhhh...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Here's CharlieCroker going mad as the Lexus girl isn't forthcoming. English was not an option. The labels underneath each button are obviously not factory fit.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

sean1141 wrote: »
    spotted this beast on the way home :eek::D

DSC_0082.jpg
    Thank god you blurred his reg, now I don't know what it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

-Corkie- wrote: »
    The highlight of my day was that daysul R32 Golf that drove through the car park and the whhhooooossssshhhhhh...:D

Myself, MM, challengemaster and cozymaher stayed on a while afterwards and he was back in again. From what I could see those twin tips at the back were fake too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

EPM wrote: »
    Was going mad I didn't spot you, had a look around the Leon and its a lovely motor. So rare to find a nice clean one.

Was admiring that myself actually. Really like that shape Leon and it was a lovely example. Very tidy looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Tallon wrote: »
    Thank god you blurred his reg, now I don't know what it is...

dont think it would be too hard to figure it out now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

That surely has to be the only one in Ireland?

Is that a real Renault Laguna M-Type R GT-R or just some replica?

dar83 wrote: »
    Was admiring that myself actually. Really like that shape Leon and it was a lovely example. Very tidy looking.
    cheers
    Was going mad I didn't spot you, had a look around the Leon and its a lovely motor. So rare to find a nice clean one.
    i seen ya getting out of the car in the distance but never got a chance to chat to you! its not that tidy.. needs a few bits touched up on it

ottostreet wrote: »
    That surely has to be the only one in Ireland?

Is that a real Renault Laguna M-Type R GT-R or just some replica?

its real.. sure cant you see the towbar:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Today was f!cken excellent!! Everyone was sound out, a lot of great cars too.

Thanks to Jennizle for the spin (and tears) in her deadly RX8, Jemmy for the spin to the shop for cigs in her tidy DC5, challengemaster for the breakneck torque experience and conzy for the noise :D

A huge thanks to EPM for organising the day and making it very enjoyable for us all, and thanks for the spin in the octy, lovely car ;)

I hope the next one has the same kind of turn out!

My highlights - Getting to know an old friend in the form of the RX8, the noise off conzy's 325, putting faces to names, driving a DC5 for the first time, getting to chat to everyone and last but not least, that ape in the ?skyline? acting the clown and almost smashing into other cars on his way out of the car park :D

Myself, EPM, challengemaster and conzy were the only hardcore people at it, staying on for ages after all the lightwieghts left :P

• Advertisement

i seen ya getting out of the car in the distance but never got a chance to chat to you! its not that tidy.. needs a few bits touched up on it

I saw the odo, it would pass for a quarter of that!

ya i suppose its not in bad nick for a car thats used on bad road daily for the last 50K

Confab wrote: »
    Damn, I was hoping for a spin in a VRS. Maybe next time.

You fecked off today without your prize today. There was a timing kit there with your name on it to bring home.

Myself, EPM, challengemaster and conzy were the only hardcore people at it, staying on for ages after all the lightwieghts left :P

Dunno when you guys left, but I found myself in a parking lot only surrounded by japs. Think it was conzy that was the only with me there (not sure), he went back inside then and I headed home. It was getting dark anyhow.

/M

ya i suppose its not in bad nick for a car thats used on bad road daily for the last 50K

A lot of work done to it too. Seats were s3s, yeah?

Marlow wrote: »
    Dunno when you guys left, but I found myself in a parking lot only surrounded by japs. Think it was conzy that was the only with me there (not sure), he went back inside then and I headed home. It was getting dark anyhow.

/M

I left the same time as them. I'm happy I turned off for carlow and not in their direction. One or two of them are what gives enthusiasts a bad name. Sideways takeoff of a Nissan was pathetic when he was leaving.

I left the same time as them. I'm happy I turned off for carlow and not in their direction. One or two of them are what gives enthusiasts a bad name. Sideways takeoff of a Nissan was pathetic when he was leaving.

There was a few of them, that definatly fit that description, while others where definatly maintained by serious enthusiasts at huge expense. I don't mind the odd wheelspin or a loud motor, but when it gets out of hand, it's no good.

Funny was, the coppers were all on the other side of town. Think I met 4 garda cars on the other side of Portlaoise on the way home, going in direction Mountmellick.

/M

yup s3 recaros.. all electric and heated. great in this weather!

/M

Myself, CM and conzy were the last ones there, even the jap crowd were long gone before we left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You fecked off today without your prize today. There was a timing kit there with your name on it to bring home.

I'll have to trust the one on the car for a bit longer so :D

• Advertisement

I'll have to trust the one on the car for a bit longer so :eek: Some great cars there today.

You're playing with fire by waiting to get that done. Can you afford a new engine/car if it goes before you get it done?

Myself, CM and conzy were the last ones there, even the jap crowd were long gone before we left!

I left with Padraig mor, my body couldnt stick the cold anymore. I was annoyed with myself that I didnt ask you for a spin in the MPS..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Funny was, the coppers were all on the other side of town. Think I met 4 garda cars on the other side of Portlaoise on the way home, going in direction Mountmellick.

/M

Thank fuck, I tore holes in the air going home.

Thank fuck, I tore holes in the air going home.

They were all going in the opposite direction than me. Probably on the way to chase you :p

/M

I left with Padraig mor, my body couldnt stick the cold anymore. I was annoyed with myself that I didnt ask you for a spin in the MPS..

Very subtle car. Impeccibly well kept too.

There'll be more meets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

dar83 wrote: »
    Had a blue t-shirt yeah. But it was mostly hidden by my jacket, as it was bloody freezing!

Actually my face might have been blue from the cold as well come to think of it...

Was I chatting to ya?

were eating at the same table? with Bigus, Marlow, a lady and photographer.. sorry cant remember all names :/

I left around 4, hopefully will attend next meetings and take day off.

half of my time there spent giving attention to that carbon-white R34 :p

There'll be more meets ;)

I know and I will be there too but earlier next time..:)

I was embarrased turning up with the state of the car. Muck savagery at its best..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

my pics from today

p1030119j.jpg

p1030120j.jpg

p1030121f.jpg

p1030122a.jpg

p1030123tj.jpg

p1030128n.jpg

p1030129m.jpg

p1030130c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty