Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Bit late to the party here but that's me through the 1,000, passed it in the lovely sunshine at port beach today! I'm a bit off the 2,000 mark for the year at the moment but hopefully with increased mileage for the Dublin 1/2 in September I can get it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well done Pconn, i was at Port beach few weeks back, just stumbled upon it out for a drive one of the lovely sunny Sundays with picnic in tow...kids loved it...was hoping to get back to it, but so far the weather hasn't played ball....lovely place for a run!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Yeah, that's me across the 1000 mile line.
    An interrupted solo marathon yesterday morning became 2 halves instead, the 2nd of which I just finished tonight after work.
    Felt like the longest 21km ever.
    A big thanks to Robin for making it so easy to update the distance this year, and to everyone for making it so addictive.
    Next up, 2000miles before year end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BunsenBurners

Ahhh, finally broke the 1000 miles today. The table certainly helped to motivate me on days when I was feeling lazy, so thank you Robin.
    Onwards and upwards to DCM2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Rolex_ wrote: »
    What is everyone training for/recovering from to account for their high mileage?

This :) But the Garmin gave up before I did so it's incomplete ....
    robinph wrote: »
    Them ultra types are a few energy gels short of a...

For once I won't argue. But could you look why Ray's 2000 mile date doesn't show up in the positions sheet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

But could you look why Ray's 2000 mile date doesn't show up in the positions sheet?

Done, was some non-existent cells being referenced somehow causing the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Rolex_

This :) But the Garmin gave up before I did so it's incomplete ....
    QUOTE]

Phenomenal achievement. Mildly insane perhaps... but phenomenal nonetheless:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

And I leap into 3rd from the bottom with a stunning 6.5km!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Just put my current mileage on there. A bit late starting, but we'll see how things go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Time to put me feet up for year :)

Didn't reach 700 miles last year, so good progress this year.

Couldn't enter date

• Advertisement

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    Just put my current mileage on there. A bit late starting, but we'll see how things go.

And now I'm fourth from the bottom, oh yeah :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Passed the 1000 mile mark for 2012 this afternoon. This challenge was certainly a big motivation in getting out on the road and the estimated completion date was a great addition. Probably not enough time to reach 2000 by the end of the year but I'll have a go anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Watch Out, closetotheedge....you're close to the....:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CS_Runner

Reached 803 yesterday, I think I reached this point last year some time in October :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seanie_m

My name has been removed from the table, I can't remember exactly how many miles I was on - any chance one of the mods is able to undo this? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Yesterday evening I passed my total milage of 700m for the previous year, delighted! :) hoping to break the 1000 mark by end of September with the DCM training, keep it up everyone!!

seanie_m wrote: »
    My name has been removed from the table, I can't remember exactly how many miles I was on - any chance one of the mods is able to undo this? Thanks.

On 3 August you were on 137 miles. Just add yourself back in.

Passed the 2000 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seanie_m

On 3 August you were on 137 miles. Just add yourself back in.

Thanks TBF, thats great that you could do that. Congratulations on passing the 2,000 mark yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

New feature in google docs allows you to protect cell ranges so I protected row 1 as people keep typing in there. I don't know where else this may be useful but its a nice feature. It would also mean that say the locked sheet could be merged with the first sheet as you can just lock a row to one person and those who have control of the document if you know what I mean. Something to consider next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

My name was removed from the table aswell, for the 3rd time this year. Is this happening on purpose , is the bottom of the table being culled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Broke the 1,000 mile at the weekend during the Cavan to Arva Breffni challenge, where I also set a PB for 21.1 km - in 1hr 47

I'm 5 months ahead of what I did last year in terms of mileage and I've still got a lot of running to do this year!

Muppet Man

My name was removed from the table aswell, for the 3rd time this year. Is this happening on purpose , is the bottom of the table being culled?

I've been removed as well. I think its survival of the fittest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

I was removed too...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

I've been removed as well. I think its survival of the fittest :(

I keep getting removed as well but I just keep adding myself back. Its just someone with too much time on their hands vandalising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

If you pm rom, and you have a gmail account, you can be added to the locked sheet. Only people signed in to google can edit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

1,000 mark hit this evening :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

1,000 mark hit this evening :cool:

Congratulations!
    Was it during the club session? I hope you told everyone and they had cheers and shouts of joy for you:D

I brougt the boys out to Bray to watch Katie on the screens, great fun and it also prevented me from ignoring the advice to take it easy and head into the club

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Marthastew wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    Was it during the club session? I hope you told everyone and they had cheers and shouts of joy for you:D

I brougt the boys out to Bray to watch Katie on the screens, great fun and it also prevented me from ignoring the advice to take it easy and head into the club

Cheers. It was but I was off doing my own easy run cause I'm racing tomorrow so only hit the mark when I got back to the office. Feelin the pressure for tomorrow's race now that I'm attached to a club :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

My name was removed again from the list , can somebody explain why this is happening ? I'm not going to make 1000 this year, but I'm getting a bit cheesed off have to do this once a week

Advertisement