Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

RayCun wrote: »
    Even if you're signed in to your google mail, you might not be signed in to google docs. (I don't know why, but it's true)
    There'll be a 'Sign in' link at the top right of the page. Click that, and then you can edit the locked sheet.
    Failing that, there's likely an error in the e-mail address used to supply the permissions (or the permission weren't granted!).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Spreadsheet is ****ed, Positions sheet not reading any values :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

RayCun wrote: »
    Spreadsheet is ****ed, Positions sheet not reading any values :confused:

I just noticed that too... has someone been messing about? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

restored to the last working version which was about 8PM last night.

rom wrote: »
    restored to the last working version which was about 8PM last night.

Hey, I'm on the 1st sheet but I seem to have disappeared from the positions sheet. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Same for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

prob best to pm robinph as he knows more about how that part is done ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Emer911 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm on the 1st sheet but I seem to have disappeared from the positions sheet. Any ideas?

You are back now.

Things go a bit screwy whenever someone moves a line from the first sheet.

Edit:
    wrstan wrote: »
    Same for me!
    You are back too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Thanks so much for your help Robin.

Just in time for me to hit my millenium today. I'm well chuffed. :D
    During the whole of last year I only ran 960 miles which was up from 641 miles the previous year. I might retire now!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Up to 180 miles now. Think I did about 260 in total last year. I'll be doing well to beat that this year although I did no running from end of March to the start of July due to my dodgy knees.

Signed up for a half marathon in Cologne in mid Oct so hopefully I'll be able to build up the miles in the next month and continue it until the end of the year...

1000 mile estimate date = 27 Nov 2015 - 3 years!! :eek:
    2000 mile estimate date = 23 Oct 2019 :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Spice world! I'm in the club! Quite nice that I hit my 1000th mile during the 1/2 marathon in the park today too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Topped the 1500 mile mark this week, still playing catch up on last year's mileage, might just get there with an injury free last quarter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Currently on 805 miles for the year.

I calculate that I'll pass the 1000 mile mark during the last few miles of the DCM !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only 45 to go for me now. Not sure when I topped the 1000 in previous years, but I'm on course to beat the 1200 year totals from before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Looking forward to stumbling through the 1000 mile barrier on Wednesday

Should go through the 1000 miles tomorrow evening. Only made it to 993.7 in a half marathon today, I'f I'd known I was that close I'd have done an extra couple of miles during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

2000 done, waaaay behind where I wanted it to be done but got there in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

ronnie085 wrote: »
    2000 done, waaaay behind where I wanted it to be done but got there in the end

gah...here I was, coming here all chuffed with myself coz I just reached 1000 at lunchtime and you have to go pissing on my chips :D

Well done, by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

gah...here I was, coming here all chuffed with myself coz I just reached 1000 at lunchtime and you have to go pissing on my chips :D

Well done, by the way

Ha, sorry about that, you should have taken an early lunch ;-) well done on the 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Damn right, 2,000 miles is a bloody disgrace. You should be ashamed of yourself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 PaddyOisin

I reckon I was passing Aras an Uachtarain starting mile 16 of my 20 mile LSR yesterday when I passed the 1,000 mile mark. I think I was concentrating too much on placing one foot in front of another to notice at the time but did remember at the end of the run. Roll on DCM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

After a very slow start (and middle) to the year, I've upped my mileage a little and if I keep it up I might just scrape in by the end of the year. It is painful to watch the estimated 1000 mile completion date crawl in. Was some time in 2015 earlier in the middle of the summer and now inching through March of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Just passed the 2000 mile mark this evening :) I took a look back over my spreadsheet for the year, average was ~70 miles/week in training for the London Marathon & now it's ~35 miles/week for DCM. Will be interesting to see the effect of the mileage drop in a few weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

A new track & field event for Rio 2016 - Artistic Running:

garmin.JPG

(2000 miles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

currently at 916m - had hoped to break 1000 during marathon itself, but if this injury doesn't hurry up and heal, it'll be sometime in November (or March if I have a bad race :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Just discovered that I am at 974 miles after today's BHAA race. Delighted with that. Have never ran that much in a year before. Should pass the 1,000 mark during the week.:D

I'm at 974.47 mi after today's run. According to the plan I'll run my 1000th mile this year on Wednesday... gonna have to find a nice memorable route to do on Wednesday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Emer911 wrote: »
    I'm at 974.47 mi after today's run. According to the plan I'll run my 1000th mile this year on Wednesday... gonna have to find a nice memorable route to do on Wednesday :rolleyes:

I vote for Vico road... Perfect place to pass 1000 miles.
    Well done E, looking real good for DCM:)

Marthastew wrote: »
    I vote for Vico road... Perfect place to pass 1000 miles.
    Well done E, looking real good for DCM:)

Good Plan :D, but it'll have to fit in with the other familial requirements unfortunately. I'll see if I can swing anything and get someone else to do the Wednesday collections :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

currently at 916m - had hoped to break 1000 during marathon itself, but if this injury doesn't hurry up and heal, it'll be sometime in November (or March if I have a bad race :-) )

Im in the same boat RunningKing, currently at 940ish but injured so feck all running at the minute, not sure if i'll make it before the marathon but had thought it would be the marathon itself that would bring me to the 1000m point...will just have to wait and see how it pans out!!!:(

Advertisement