Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

My name was removed again from the list , can somebody explain why this is happening ? I'm not going to make 1000 this year, but I'm getting a bit cheesed off have to do this once a week

Someone is removing you as some kind of practical joke. It has been happening to lots of people. They are probably picking on you because you are being vocal about it.
    If you have a gmail account you can enter your details on the 'locked' sheet where no-one will be able to touch it. You have to PM ROM for access to that sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

menoscemo wrote: »
    Someone is removing you as some kind of practical joke. It has been happening to lots of people. They are probably picking on you because you are being vocal about it.
    If you have a gmail account you can enter your details on the 'locked' sheet where no-one will be able to touch it. You have to PM ROM for access to that sheet.

Thanks for that, picking on me 'cause I've such a brutal distance more like it. I'll do that anyway. I like the google docs but I much prefered the old way and the panic that I felt everytime I updated it , that I did'nt mess it up..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

216612.jpg

Dusted.

So, when can we have our 3,000 mile estimates? Get to work Robin/rom. The Olympics is over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-league.php?page=1&month=0&dist_or_time=D&category=R&filter=all&year=2012 Someone looks familiar.

I am afraid to touch the doc now as there is too much madness going on with it.

The locked sheet should be brought back into the non locked sheet with row level locking as all this combined sheet stuff is madness. Next year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭itsalltrue

my details have been deleted off the document i think we should go back to last years method at least then its possible to see who is doing this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

rom wrote: »
    http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-league.php?page=1&month=0&dist_or_time=D&category=R&filter=all&year=2012 Someone looks familiar.

I am afraid to touch the doc now as there is too much madness going on with it.

The locked sheet should be brought back into the non locked sheet with row level locking as all this combined sheet stuff is madness. Next year ;)

Didn't realise that you could lock individual rows. I'll see if I can get a moment later to try sorting that out.

robinph wrote: »
    Didn't realise that you could lock individual rows. I'll see if I can get a moment later to try sorting that out.

New feature just intro'd the other week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't think the protecting by lines will do what we need. The columns can still be sorted and the data would then no longer be in the protected range, also it would have to be setup on a line by line basis to enable each user.

Don't think the protecting by lines will do what we need. The columns can still be sorted and the data would then no longer be in the protected range, also it would have to be setup on a line by line basis to enable each user.

But if Row 1 is protected then they can't sort it ? Is this right. I did a test here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alh6ofJoLlpTdC1kOFFyZkFlOVpBTXpPSDVZTnV1cmc#gid=0

Well you would have to enable it line by line for each user but that is no different than giving access to the protected sheet, just click you want to protect in the sidebar and copy in the username. of course it may be the case now that you don't have the usernames to go with the handles but defo it should be the method next year

NOTE: This link is just for robinph or someone else that makes overall changes to the doc as I will be deleting it latter on. as in don't update your miles on it :)

• Advertisement

Hmm, I did try locking the first row on the original spreadsheet but it still seemed to be sortable. That was possibly because it was me though.

I can't edit anything on your new test spreadsheet, can you try enabling access for a couple of lines on the first sheet and I'll see what I can do?

itsalltrue wrote: »
    my details have been deleted off the document i think we should go back to last years method at least then its possible to see who is doing this

Why not just PM the link to spreadsheet to those who want to sign-up next year, instead of posting it publicly? That should keep away 99% of the muppets.

Hmm, I did try locking the first row on the original spreadsheet but it still seemed to be sortable. That was possibly because it was me though.

I can't edit anything on your new test spreadsheet, can you try enabling access for a couple of lines on the first sheet and I'll see what I can do?
    Log out first and then try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Got over the 1000 mark, really proud of this as when I put this as one of my goals in January I didnt expect to achieve it but to have done it in August is great. Hope tovget 1500 by year end.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

It was neck and neck there for a while irfrm, but you pipped me to it !
    Congrats.....the race is on for 1500miles...;)
    I'll remember my 1000th mile for sometime to come, as i was really enjoying a dry , sunny, 10 mile run right up to mile 10, when the skies opened up and dumped a truckload of water straight ontop of me...refreshing !!:pac:
    (better mile 10 than mile 1 , i suppose !? :p)

Mr.W~

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

managed to hit 1000miles today - only managed about 700 in all of last year so well happy with 1000 in 8 months so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Eventually joined the sheet, now that I'm feeling confident of hitting the 1k :D
    Wish I was feeling as confident of not screwing up the spreadsheet!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

went over the 3000mile mark somewhere in the dingle ultra yesterday,cant move me legs today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

went over the 3000mile mark somewhere in the dingle ultra yesterday,cant move me legs today:)

Hope you enjoyed the cheeseburger...

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

:P,you must of heard me answers with your man throwing questions at me,you should of come over and had a chat with me,would love to put faces to the names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Yeah - got distracted by the kids.
    Got nabbed by yer man myself for an interview at the finish - kinda surreal.

Great run from you Ray - must admit the ultra in 2014 could become a target for me - you chaps are legends and I'd like to join the club although the missus told me to whistle if I'm gonna up the mileage to 120 a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Went over 1,000 miles for the year early in the National Half in Athenry on Sunday. Nice to nudge over it in the middle of a PB race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Added myself in again. Down at the bottom. I remember covering a similar milage last year at this stage but I was by no means the last.

Are there a lot less people recording their milage here this year?

I like the spreadsheet and the ease of updating the miles but maybe people are sick of being deleted the whole time and just not bothering to re enter their data. I know there's a locked sheet that requires people to log in to edit but not everyone has a google account.

I think PM'ing the link to people who request it should be looked at next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Cleared the 2000 miles during tonight's MLR.

My target for the year was 3000, it's going to be touch and go. Does anyone know of any marathons or Ultras on New Year's Eve? :D

menoscemo wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any marathons or Ultras on New Year's Eve? :D
    Pack your bags. You're off to..... Florida!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Pack your bags. You're off to..... Florida!

It looks like fun, Peanut Island:D Could we charter a flight? I've just the very small matter of an injury to sort out first but I think we should give it some serious thought. What could possibly go wrong?;)

Added myself in again. Down at the bottom. I remember covering a similar milage last year at this stage but I was by no means the last.

Are there a lot less people recording their milage here this year?

I like the spreadsheet and the ease of updating the miles but maybe people are sick of being deleted the whole time and just not bothering to re enter their data. I know there's a locked sheet that requires people to log in to edit but not everyone has a google account.

I think PM'ing the link to people who request it should be looked at next year.

I've stopped updating it as I was deleted 7 times in 2 weeks, nobody seems to give a damn that it was happening. On top of that my username was being changed aswell to P*sstake versions of my username.
    I was added to the locked sheet but that is not working for me , so to be honest I'm not bothered with it anymore

I was added to the locked sheet but that is not working for me , so to be honest I'm not bothered with it anymore
    Works perfectly for me. You just have to make sure that you are logged into the Google docs/drive, or you will not be able to update your mileage.I can see your name listed on the locked page (342.08 miles).

Works perfectly for me. You just have to make sure that you are logged into the Google docs/drive, or you will not be able to update your mileage.I can see your name listed on the locked page (342.08 miles).

Thanks Krusty, I can see it myself on there and I'm logged in to my google account but it just wont let me type my new value in. The value that is there is the one that Rom put in when he added me to the sheet.
    It's grand, I'll go again next year hopefully no injuries will keep me up away from the bottom of the sheet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Even if you're signed in to your google mail, you might not be signed in to google docs. (I don't know why, but it's true)
    There'll be a 'Sign in' link at the top right of the page. Click that, and then you can edit the locked sheet.

Advertisement