Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pitta gone for the season, big loss for you guys

Look for Furstenburg our UDFA out of Maryland to step up and have a good season. Guy is legit.
    Big loss with Pitta, hopefully Dickson and Furst can shoulder the load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Visanthe Shiancoe signed

He was visiting in camp before Pitta got hurt. Wasn't training or anything, just came along to camp to talk to the front office. And then a spot opened up

Right place, right time for him

The injuries keep coming

6th rounder Ryan Jensen has broken his foot and will undergo surgury.

Was unlikely to make the 53 man roster anyway so he'll be IR'ed for the year I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pitta is out for the year? Oh for **** sake. I hadn't seen any sports news over the weekend and get in tonight to see this. Damn. :mad:

That's bad news especially for Flacco too. He's not only Flacco's most trusted target, but his best friend in the organisation too.

What a shame. :(

Some good news - Leach is currently resigning as we speak.

• Advertisement

Huzzah! Leach is back :D

5th round pick Asa Jackson suspended for 8 games for using performance enhancing drugs.

This is the second time he has been caught. :rolleyes: Got suspended for 4 games in his rookie season last year.

Lands him in Harbaughs doghouse
    Coach John Harbaugh said during a Friday news conference that Jackson is "getting what he deserves."

"You've got to follow the rules. You don't follow the rules, you get suspended," Harbaugh said. "That's a fair rule. There's really no place for that."Harbaugh said "time will tell" if the defensive back will still be with the team following the suspension.

Lots of competition at defensive back. He can count himself lucky if he doesn't get cut within the next week

Get him out. Once is bad enough but twice is a joke and it's not a position we really need bodies in. I suspect he will be gone soon.

+1 Paully

The franchise doesn't need wasters like this and he should be cut.

We are deep at defensive back and he won't be missed

And Webb is back this year! :)
    Arguably the best defensive player on the roster.

We have a heap of depth there, he should be cut immediately.
    We have 7 CB's (? i think)
    Let's say Webb and Graham are starters (?). Chykie and Jimmy Smith look good in camp apparently.
    That leaves Asa Jackson, Chris Johnson and the rookie Marc Anthony.
    So Webb, Smith and Johnson are on the left, Graham, Chykie, Asa and Anthony are on the right. One extra on the right and one of them ****s up, doesn't bode well for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The first pick the ravens made is being inducted into the hall of fame in around two hours. Will the second pick be a first ballot aswell ?

Great to see JO inducted to the Hall of Fame last night, the youngest ever player to be inducted also.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyeUnp6v4qIMSWaW641XMEJBXLg9Q5iKt58DxCRBao02KjAFjp

Going by training camp reports 6 ft 5 in 220 lb Tommy Streeter is having a nightmare. Dropping everything and been relegated to the bottom stringers.

Shame, so many had a lot of hope in him.

Deonte Thompson supposed to be ballin! Could be the No 2, Jacoby Jones No 3 and Tandon Doss No 4

7th rounder Aaron Mellette and UDFA Marion Brown doing well.
    Laquan Williams will be struggling to keep a roster spot. He played special teams last year and got his ring. Never got a single pass.

I've forgotton David Reed! Hard to believe this is 4th year. Has done so little the last two years

Shame about Streeter :( I think many including me were blinded by his size and speed but that doesn't mean he is all that talented

Aaron Wilson beat reporter stating Ed Dickson out with a hamstring tear. :eek:
    Expected back by Week 1 but that's not certain

Pitta is out

We're down to Shiancoe, the UDFA Furstenburg and Billy Bajema who was the 3rd stringer last year.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Aaron Wilson beat reporter stating Ed Dickson out with a hamstring tear. :eek:
    Expected back by Week 1 but that's not certain

Pitta is out

We're down to Shiancoe, the UDFA Furstenburg and Billy Bajema who was the 3rd stringer last year.

The offense is not going to be pretty by the looks of things. If Ozzie knew what was going to happen to Pitta (and now Dickson to add to that) I'm sure he'd have paid Boldin the $6m for this year.

Yeah in terms of receivers we're having a terrible start but with Rice, Leach, Smith and maybe Jones catching passes we should be fine through the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Only having 1 top receiver is a major issue. Rice and leach are fine in the passing game, but if we only have 1 top end reciever, teams will be able to stack the box and stop us running without having to worry about being thrown on. Pitts being injured is awful. Hopefully another receiver or te will step up.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Only having 1 top receiver is a major issue. Rice and leach are fine in the passing game, but if we only have 1 top end reciever, teams will be able to stack the box and stop us running without having to worry about being thrown on. Pitts being injured is awful. Hopefully another receiver or te will step up.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all but trading Boldin is looking like a brutal move.
    Any good FA Receivers going?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Flacco will cope. A few years ago the receiving corps was just as bad as this (big difference was the 2009 receiving corps didn't even have a deep threat) and he had a perfectly respectable regular season.

We could pick up Brandon Lloyd, as long as he's not as mentally fked up as the Patriots say he is.

Good read here from Peter King's new website:

The Post-Pitta Problem, It's a Big One

• Advertisement

So no signs of rust last night. Tyrod and Williams looked great.

Pierce is fierce! :cool:

Did well last night and Harbaugh said he is stronger and more powerful then last season.

I didn't like drafting a running back in the 3rd round last year but sure I know nothing, Ozzie knows all!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Pierce is fierce! :cool:

Did well last night and Harbaugh said he is stronger and more powerful then last season.

I didn't like drafting a running back in the 3rd round last year but sure I know nothing, Ozzie knows all!

Hopefully Pierce will get more and more snaps....he looks very powerful.

Rice and himself will have to have stellar years to allow the Ravens even think about defending there championship.

I have high hopes for Jacoby Jones but he has to step up and catch those bombs Flacco is throwing at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Fullback Kyle Juszczyk was all drafted in the fourth round this year.

Be interesting if he gets any looks no nothing about him!

Brandon Stokley has signed a 1 year deal. 45 catches, 544 yards and 5 TD's for the Broncos last year. It's also 14 years since the Ravens drafted him out of Louisiana in the fourth round!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Paully D wrote: »
    Brandon Stokley has signed a 1 year deal. 45 catches, 544 yards and 5 TD's for the Broncos last year. It's also 14 years since the Ravens drafted him out of Louisiana in the fourth round!

Was Stokely drafted by the Baltomore Colts?? :-p

There's mutual interest between the Ravens and TE Dallas Clark also, according to Aaron Wilson. I'd certainly take him. Seems we're making the most of Jim Caldwell's connections.
    taidghbaby wrote: »
    Was Stokely drafted by the Baltomore Colts?? :-p

Ravens in 1999. :)

Gotta be done.

Not for the TD, for the commentary!!

Ravens starters vs Panthers starts is live on ESPN over in American tonight so there'll be plenty of streams around for those without Gamepass. Kick-off is 1am our time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Will Dallas Clark see much playing time for you guys? You guys got a very solid, much-forgotten/underrated Tight end with him.

The way things are going with Fleener, and Dwayne Allen's injury, I'd have him back tomorrow.

Also, gotta love all the Colts-Ravens connections. Maybe we're forgiven for stealing your team ;P

Advertisement