Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

tupenny wrote: »
    my mate became a dad there yesterday and they called the baby Paul. Maybe just me but is it not very dull / zero thoughts put in?!

I encountered a Sebastian, roofis (however that's spelt) and Audrey, all kids on the 39,this week. Poor kids don't stand a chance

I like Audrey....

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

my mate became a dad there yesterday and they called the baby Paul. Maybe just me but is it not very dull / zero thoughts put in?!

I think I'd much rather call my kid a strong 'traditional' name like Paul, versus something like Jayden, Kai or Kayden, tbh.

Plus with a name like that it's likely to also be a family name, so naming the youngster after his grandad or great-grandad, something like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Tanner!

Every second young lad I coached in America was called Tanner. Horrible, horrible name.

I detest the American trend of naming kids after jobs.
    Tanner
    Mason
    Tyler
    Taylor
    Carter
    Hunter
    Tinker
    Plumber
    Candlestickmaker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I encountered a Sebastian, roofis (however that's spelt) and Audrey, all kids on the 39,this week. Poor kids don't stand a chance

It's Rufus. And stay off that bus if you value your health.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I know someone who had a child in the last year and called him Eamon.

May as well get the child a flat cap and a pint of Guinness now. Such an auld lad name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The worst name out there at the minute is 'finn'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

... any of those uber Irish names with the obscure spellings. Aoadbha, Caoimhseach, Concobharagh, or names like those with difficult spellings/pronunciations :))

• Registered Users Posts: 40 crabbysamwich

'Endurance' so called after the mums labour!

LordSutch wrote: »
    ... any of those uber Irish names with the obscure spellings. Aoadbha, Caoimhseach, Concobharagh, or names like those with difficult spellings/pronunciations :))

How long did it take you to Google and then copy and paste those names?

Was it worth it?

Have you nothing better to do?

Only the first question requires an answer...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Lazarus. That poor baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

face1990 wrote: »
    <snip>I detest the American trend of naming kids after jobs. - Tanner
    When I see names like this I wonder if the parents actually know the origins of the name. Add Cooper to the list. So they call a baby after someone that treated animal hides or made barrells? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Thanks for your contribution, George William.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF your child has 2 names you are an idiot,
    at least in western countrys ,pick 1 name .
    kate, jane,thomas,robert ,emma etc
    cooper is not a first name, no more than flanagan is.
    give a child a name that does not need him , her to spell it for other people .
    Not some obscure irish name,

Esel wrote: »
    How long did it take you to Google and then copy and paste those names?

Thirty seconds.
    Was it worth it?

Yes.
    Have you nothing better to do?

Only the first question requires an answer...

The question being "The worst kids name you've ever heard", so I contributed three such names.

Maybe one of them is yours? Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

bubblypop wrote: »
    They are all old traditional names.
    I know a couple of old ladies called pearl & daisy.
    They're all lovely old names

Yeah, I like those names.

I also can't see anything wrong with Ruby or Lexie? I've known a few Rubys in my life and some of them are middle-aged or older, and I think Lexie is quite nice and a fairly standard short version of Alexa or Alexandra.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    The baby that thankfully survived the Buncrana tragedy has a terrible name, Rioghnach-Ann.

Pronounced Riona-Ann. I know a fair few Rionas, I think it's a lovely name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

Ethyl, Beryl (self-consciously vintage)

Put Sadie in the self-consciously vintage category too!

Paul is my favourite boy's name. I'd always prefer classic boy's names and I reckon many people are the same. That's why the likes of Daniel and Simon are so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

A friend abroad has a new grandson.

Jasper.

Jayxis I could only think of the fekkin ghost cartoon. Sorry.

It's not good, and granny agreed! But what can she do.

The question being "The worst kids name you've ever heard", so I contributed three such names.
    But you hadn't heard those names. You googled for the most obscure Irish names you could find. Any Lallans names, just for balance?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jack. Everyone seems to call their kid Jack. It been in the top 3 boys names since 1998, top in 12 of those years. I'm sick of poxy "jack"
    Not the worst, but just sick of it

But you hadn't heard those names. You googled for the most obscure Irish names you could find.

Oh dear.

Of course I have heard those names, that's why I posted them!

I did however look them up on Google to clarify the spelling.

Can we move on now please . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I really like the name Sebastian.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

My mom went to school with a girl called Teresa Green.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That's a very small bracket of acceptable names if Paul is too boring and Audrey too weird.

Hepburn and Tautou made out Ok.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I was in a park today where a screaming roaring little girl was trying to give any pigeon she spotted a heart attack by running straight for it shouting at the top of her lungs. Her mother and father occasionally tried half-heartedly to call her back, so I learned her name was Lily-Angel...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

PLL wrote: »

Teresa Green
    Rosa Redde
    Jade Stone

Wouldnt be suprised if those are all names that have been used by drag queens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

PLL wrote: »

That was my mum's maiden name ... did your mom go to school in Clare by any chance?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Shenshen wrote: »
    I was in a park today where a screaming roaring little girl was trying to give any pigeon she spotted a heart attack by running straight for it shouting at the top of her lungs. Her mother and father occasionally tried half-heartedly to call her back, so I learned her name was Lily-Angel...
    I don't think I've ever seen a child not do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

face1990 wrote: »
    Teresa Green
    Rosa Redde
    Jade Stone

Wouldnt be suprised if those are all names that have been used by drag queens.

Anita Pussi

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Friend called her daughter Luna. Poor child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

snor wrote: »
    Friend called her daughter Luna. Poor child.

That's awful, if she has 2 more children she can call them terra and strata...

Advertisement