Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Cork2015! wrote: »
    I was spelling it as I guess it would sound.... not how it is spelled... obviously!

Ignore this... picked your post up completely wrong and couldnt edit for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Just like Anthony and Matthew.
    Antnee and Matchew.

Or their abbreviations, Anto & Mahy.:pac:

Ivan is another name that Irish people should not use. It just conjurs up all sorts of evil thoughts & deeds.

Perfect handle for a baby-eating Drug Lord from Warsaw though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

joey jo-jo junior shabadoo

worst name ive ever heard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Julia Bradbury was on TV this morning and said hello to her kids Zephyr, Zena and Xanthe. I thought she/they had a thing for "Z" but (don't call me Citroen) Xanthe* has an "X."

*I know the car was Xantia.

P.S. It must be to go with her marriage so their surname, the equally exotic... Cunningham!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Just saw a little girl on facebook called "Jorja"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Just saw a little girl on facebook called "Jorja"
    Like the actress Jorja Fox from CSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Julia Bradbury was on TV this morning and said hello to her kids Zephyr, Zena and Xanthe. I thought she/they had a thing for "Z" but (don't call me Citroen) Xanthe* has an "X."

I know of a kid called xanthe... (could be said with an x or a z ,I dont know .. )
    My god daughters name jordon ... ( named just before katie price became very famous ... I think shes a bit fed up of her mam insisting that its spelt differently - its not the same name --

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I was on a course once & heard the name Juniper :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

How is it pronounced? Celeb as in Celebrity??

I think it's as in Celebrity. I don't understand why the grandparents, relatives or even friends didn't point out what a fricking ridiculous name it is and that their child is going to be bullied in school, but then hey, so long their child's name is ''different/unique'', that's all that really matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Was in the US a few weeks back and happened to watch some junior masterchef deal.. there was a kid called "Cloyce" on it..

what the **** is a "cloyce"..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

I just thought of a few more. Growing up in the USA gives you a lot of material to work with: I went to high school with twin girls named Classic and Hawaii. I also knew a guy named Yancey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

cactusgal wrote: »
    I just thought of a few more. Growing up in the USA gives you a lot of material to work with: I went to high school with twin girls named Classic and Hawaii. I also knew a guy named Yancey.

Can't stop reading that in Claaaaaancy Wiggum's Wifes voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Was in the US a few weeks back and happened to watch some junior masterchef deal.. there was a kid called "Cloyce" on it..

what the **** is a "cloyce"..

Cloyce is a hammererer. Makes perfect sense now :confused:

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Cloyce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Some actress in Emmerdale called her son Buster. Imagine going through life with a name like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

I heard these two fools talking on the radio this morning - heads up own arses or what;
    The former Girl Band singer Jodi Albert and her husband Kian Egan have jetted off to somewhere exotic with their sons Koa, 3, and Zekey, 3 months

As an "oldie" nice to see older names are still in fashion. :D
    RT&#201 wrote: »
    Jack and Emily top names, teen pregnancies fall.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0531/792224-cso-birth-names/

How diverse names must be now. Top names in 1965 had 3,xxx now in the hundreds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Miele :confused:

That's right, the poor little girl was called (sounded like) Miele, manufacturer of vacuum cleaners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Moon Unit.

I'm not joking. Frank Zappa's kid.

Elemonator wrote: »
    Moon Unit.

And he has a son called Dweezil.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

LordSutch wrote: »
    Miele :confused:

That's right, the poor little girl was called (sounded like) Miele, manufacturer of vacuum cleaners!

As in Mila Kunis? Or how is that brand pronounced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

As in Mila Kunis? Or how is that brand pronounced?

Miele ends with an ae sound ((Meelae), Mila ends with an 'ah' sound.

Maybe it was an Irish girls name I heard, with a totally different spelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

Know a girl who named her kid riannin not sure how she spells it . In the shop recently and no joke a woman had three girls shakera beyonce and reanna I nearly bust laughing when she was calling them in a thick Dublin accent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Elemonator wrote: »
    Moon Unit.

And he has a son called Dweezil.

He said that if there was any trouble caused by their name, it'd be because of their surname, which I guess is true enough.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Know a girl who named her kid riannin not sure how she spells it . In the shop recently and no joke a woman had three girls shakera beyonce and reanna I nearly bust laughing when she was calling them in a thick Dublin accent

Rhiannon. It's a perfectly nice Welsh name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I swear that my cock may fall off if I'm lying, but I just saw a baby boy called Kylo Xander. The poor bastttard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Just like Anthony and Matthew.
    Antnee and Matchew.

DAAAAN-YULLLLL CUMMMMEEEEUUUURRRRRR

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

There was a woman on the radio the other day who named her daughter Cavan.

No confirmation whether the reasoning was the same as for Brooklyn Beckham.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Alice Cooper was talking on Nova the other day about his twin grandsons - Riot and Falcon!

Though Alice's own kids don't have the best names, I just checked. He has daughters Calico and Sonora, and the twin's father is Dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Was confronted by someone in work who happily told me their sister called a new boy Parker.
    I hate it when that happens. You can hardly laugh in their face

• Advertisement

I wonder what the kids will call him in school?

Advertisement