Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

If this isn't a p*ss-take ... link please? :):D

I won't link it but just google paddy pio baptised :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Kovu wrote: »
    Sweet jesus, she looks like one of those tropical Barbies.

The boob creeping over the top of the other ones dress is hillarious, they aren't really in to control underwear judging by the bulges.

(I'm going to Hell)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Witchie wrote: »
    Jaysus the state of the dress!

Oh my! It's WONDERFUL! That is a fablys creation (but there's dressmaking in the family, so I'm looking at the workmanship....) and credit where it's due. If you wanted to wear a mermaid dress, you wouldn't find a more Disney example than that. Fair play.

On the names thing - had a neighbour called her kid Gwendoline. I don't like Gwen for short either.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Tallulah

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Kovu wrote: »
    I won't link it but just google paddy pio baptised :D

Sweet Jesus :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Bradley. You might as well just write "I am fat stinking dole scum" across your kid's forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

I just noticed that the kid in the first post on this thread was a boy named Isis. Bet they're regretting that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Tallulah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Fiolina wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Saw it.... My eyes are still watering....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mikeycoz

I know a couple who called their girl teneesha (phonetic spelling). I think a lady with dark skin with that name sounds lovely, doesn't work so well on an Irish pastie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jack.

Bloody thousands of them around, common as muck!

Mother calls it out now in a shop and 30 kids turn their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Thadeus. Jarlath. Gobnait. Ravinol. Mavourneen. I knew these poor misfortunates.

All my generation - the 70's revival of sh!t names :o I nearly got called Saskia, but thankfully got something less likely to not suit me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yesterday a list was published of names parents gave their boys and girls (both link to pdf's) in Holland.

The boy with the name Bellend (has no meaning in Dutch whatsoever) better stays out of English speaking countries i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

inforfun wrote: »
    Bellend

Teacher: "Ok boys, we have a new class member joining us all the way from The Nederlands.
    Please give a big Irish welcome to...

Bellend Van Kock"

poor sod!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Teacher: "Ok boys, we have a new class member joining us all the way from The Nederlands.
    Please give a big Irish welcome to...

Bellend Van Kock"

poor sod!

Van Kock ... you will not find.

De Kok however is rather common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Tyler Dillon.

And yes, that's a first name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

NIMAN wrote: »
    Jack.

Bloody thousands of them around, common as muck!

Mother calls it out now in a shop and 30 kids turn their heads.

I agree. Along with Sam, Ben Harry and Charlie. So so common now and with no originality anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Drake for a boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Drake for a boy.

You'd have to really dislike your son to inflict that one on him. Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

In Trabolgan a few years back (yeah I know), and I heard the cry coming from the onsite fast food cafe,
    'Malibu, your burgurs he arre!'
    Class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Synchronic

Wesley, hate that name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Not a kid, but I guess he was a kid once.
    Over here, I hear a lot of strange second names.

Was chatting to a couple at an outdoor karaoke session last summer and they were saying their second name was "Van Winkel"

When leaving them (was tanked) I said good luck and the man asked me "Whats your name again, Sorry?"
    At this stage we were all pretty scuttered.

I told him my and said "and you"?

"Perry"

I never laughed so much on the train home knowing I spent hours chatting to a man called Perry Van Winkel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Just read an interview with Danny Dyer the 'actor' and his two youngest kids are called Sunnie (I could just about cope with that if it was spelt Sonny) and the other one is called, wait for it, Arty Jose............There are no words for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

Lavezzi wrote: »
    When I had my child, I spent weeks on end searching through every bit of conspiracy literature I could find making sure I was not naming my child a name any of the scum had previously named their soon-to-be-scum children. I finally settled on Angelo, because I knew no satanic zionist would ever choose a name with 'angel' in it.

What about Angelo Donati? He was a Zionist. You gonna change the kids name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Shrap wrote: »
    I nearly got called Saskia, but thankfully got something less likely to not suit me.

That's the name of a bottled water you can buy in Lidl. I can see this becoming a trend. Just imagine being called Volvic, Perrier, or Evian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Saffron
    They wouldn't know what saffron was if it hit them in the face!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

@chughes
    That's the name of a bottled water you can buy in Lidl. I can see this becoming a trend. Just imagine being called Volvic, Perrier, or Evian

I agree...just imagine being introduced to Volvic Perrier Evian MacDonald...it has a certain aristocratic ring?

Or Vic, Perry, and their little sister Evian. Could work. Maybe.

PS NOT "Ballygowan" though, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Friend of one of my kids is called Johnjamie; that is how it's spelled.

Not John Jamie. After both grandfathers apparently; couldn't they just have gone JJ or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

katemarch wrote: »
    @chughes

I agree...just imagine being introduced to Volvic Perrier Evian MacDonald...it has a certain aristocratic ring?

Or Vic, Perry, and their little sister Evian. Could work. Maybe.

PS NOT "Ballygowan" though, ever.

I am sorry to say I know a child by the name of Uisce. Her actual name. Poor creature. And she lives in rural Ireland, so can you imagine the písstake that she'll be to the other kids.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I know of a child called Cattleya. That's pronounced cat-ah-lay-ah and not cattle-yah.

Horrific.

Advertisement