Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

LordSutch wrote: »
    If that child had been in school in the early 1970s she might well have earned the nickname name 'Module". . . . .

After the Lunar Module :)

I guess you'd have to ne of certain age to appreciate that.

You deserve a whack from the pun-busters for that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Kids were watching a tv show this morning and one of the kids on it was called Honey Bee....bad but still not as bad as Saidbh.

Maybe the reason you dislike it so much is because you cant spell it correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

valoren wrote: »
    Friend's sister called their son Rohan.

The place in Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings.

It's also a traditional Indian name....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

cantdecide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Celeb. I had to re-read it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a spelling error, but sadly not, some twats have actually named their little boy Celeb. So a kid from an ordinary working class family is going to have his ass handed to him all through school for having a name like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

scream wrote: »
    Celeb. I had to re-read it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a spelling error, but sadly not, some twats have actually named their little boy Celeb. So a kid from an ordinary working class family is going to have his ass handed to him all through school for having a name like that.

Hands up, I had to re-read your post to make sure it wasnt Caleb you were talking about, which is a name I actually like.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Lettuce... British family (and no, not a joke, they actually called their child lettuce)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

scream wrote: »

How is it pronounced? Celeb as in Celebrity??

How is it pronounced? Celeb as in Celebrity??

This is a strange one, if I had to guess how to say it I would probably go with sounding like Kay-leb but it could be anything these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cork2015! wrote: »
    This is a strange one, if I had to guess how to say it I would probably go with sounding like Kay-leb but it could be anything these days!

Yeah but that would be spelled Caleb surely? Maybe they're just bad spellers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cork2015! wrote: »
    Lettuce... British family (and no, not a joke, they actually called their child lettuce)

In C S Lewis book The Magicians Nephew, there is a female character called Lettice. Still pretty old fashioned and open to ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Wasn't there a Lettice Rowbotham on BGT a few years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Tanner!

Every second young lad I coached in America was called Tanner. Horrible, horrible name.

Bob is twice as good and Florin would be twice as good again :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I took a seven year old cat off my friend. His name is Corey. I thought her 11 year old daughter must have named him after some pop star or actor. Turns out no, she was going to name daughter "Corey" if she was a boy! Only 18 years ago. I think Corey is a "cute" name. Great for a big, stupid ginger cat, or a little toddler boy. Like Poppy, Daisy, Holly and other names, looks great on a baby or an old person.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Don't know what's getting into young Adolf lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

A relative of mine kids are called Bo and Macey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Why is every kid named Nathan bad news?

Also it's totally unsuited to most Irish accents.

Neeataan, stop pulling the wings off dem butterflies!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

"Some of the less common girls' names registered in 2014 and not included in the top 100 names were Skylar, Angel, Meadow, Miley, Destiny, Raven and Halle. Some of the less popular boys' names registered in 2014 were Troy, Avery, Deacon, Braxton, Dexter, Cooper and Ariel."

Fücking hell, Ariel for a boy? He'll go through school will kids singing "Under the Sea" at him.
    And Raven for a girl? A stripper name for a child is just wrong.

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/ibn/irishbabiesnames2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Cienciano wrote: »
    "Some of the less common girls' names registered in 2014 and not included in the top 100 names were Skylar, Angel, Meadow, Miley, Destiny, Raven and Halle. Some of the less popular boys' names registered in 2014 were Troy, Avery, Deacon, Braxton, Dexter, Cooper and Ariel."

Fücking hell, Ariel for a boy? He'll go through school will kids singing "Under the Sea" at him.

All's not lost. At least he'll have 'superior stain removal'.

That can be useful sometimes.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Laleisha. New girl came in and repeated her name twice after the 7th teacher got it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Pronounced La-leisha, or is it Layleisha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I know a Lelia, who pronounces it Lee-la.

It makes NO SENSE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

He can always show them a picture of Ariel Sharon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

storker wrote: »
    He can always show them a picture of Ariel Sharon...

Ah yeah, that'll do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

LordSutch wrote: »
    Pronounced La-leisha, or is it Layleisha?

La-leisha.. Like a close relative to one of the tellytubbies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Why is every kid named Nathan bad news?

Also it's totally unsuited to most Irish accents.

Neeataan, stop pulling the wings off dem butterflies!

Just like Anthony and Matthew.
    Antnee and Matchew.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fücking hell, Ariel for a boy?
    Ariel for a boy isn't unusual in South America. Wouldn't be surprised if that kid had Brazilian or Argentine parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Also, Miley for a girl? I think not. The Cyruses can go and feck off, we'll always be a Miley Byrne country. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

I'm surprised Jesus hasn't caught on yet...

"Oh, come on. Trombley, you should name your kid Jesus. I mean, your wife's Mexican. I mean f***ing Mexicans do it all the time. That's what's cool about knocking up a Mexican girl. She could drop a Jesus."
    - Generation Kill

• Advertisement

Yeah but that would be spelled Caleb surely? Maybe they're just bad spellers...

I was spelling it as I guess it would sound.... not how it is spelled... obviously!

Advertisement