Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Storm January 2nd/3rd 2012 (Malin records gust to 169km/hr)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Gusting to 58KT at Dublin Airport, Sustained 42KT

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stevenmartin99

Dublin airport 38KT

Gusts +-20KT @ 600ft

Max 58KT

it's only gonna get worse here looking at sat img

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pad199207

amacachi wrote: »
    We're some might gusts ther bending trees over but not quite as bad now. That squall could do some damage in the UK later.

Where are you? Seems to be easing off in Dundalk now but I wouldn't trust it. That's a very untechnical term but I feel it accurately conveys my feelings on the matter.

Jesus, that gate is gashing the **** out of the wall.
    A powerful squall has just ploughed through here and omg it has left me shook. Set the house alarm off and woke us all up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

73 Gust at malin
    66 at Finner/Belmullet
    5am reports

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

h2005 wrote: »
    Any live webcams looking at the sea in the west?

The diamond rock live camera is great on a good day but seems to be out of action tonight, has a wicked view across the bay

http://magicseaweed.com/Lahinch-Beach-Surf-Webcam/52/

http://www.diamondrockscafe.com/camera.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

Come on i was in the cayman islands during ivan. This is nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm very tempted to test the whole "pissing into the wind" adage, I'll never get a better chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to test the whole "pissing into the wind" adage, I'll never get a better chance.

I tried the opposite this one time... the wind decided to change direction... blowback :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

5am at Dub just 41kt them gusts must have missed the cut off cos were well higher than that for sure:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Incredible equal, could have been much worse if it had developed better. Stl brought some whopper gusts, eased off to pre-squal now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 tonybear

Things are certainly startin' to pick up now in Dublin. Might yet be worth the wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

pad199207 wrote: »
    A powerful squall has just ploughed through here and omg it has left me shook. Set the house alarm off and woke us all up

Yep fairly mad stuff alright, the oul weather is dangerous:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭whataboutnow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Think i see a tree down across the way , cant stay at z window too long ! ha . Might try get over to the phoenix park in the morning if i can. Surely will be some damage over there!

Mad curse type gust there tree bend over

Radar would suggest squall just clearing

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stevenmartin99

LiveATC DUBLIN
    Out of limits? Wow

Jesus there is a poor plane trying to land, got help them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭bassy

you gotta feel very sorry for the homeless ppl tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I can see the RWY 28 approach for Dublin. That headwind was really slowing them down. They're working the power tonight on that approach.

Delta heavy on approch saying he may be over his limits. Wonder where he'll divert to, everything else on the island will be just as bad if not worse than here.

I tried the opposite this one time... the wind decided to change direction... blowback :(

I assume that was the first time you ever went camping, that was when I learned never to rely on the wind :pac:

The squall might only be hitting here now, maybe the whesht is used to these winds but the trees across the road have been around longer than any of us and the big one is just about ready to give way.

I'm glad I was awake for this, I'm saying this from a warm housing with a laptop and several harddrives to keep me company but this is the biggest wind event since at least the late 90s. (When I was small enough to be impressed by 40knot wings. :pac: )

• Advertisement

Jesus there is a poor plane trying to land, got help them

Dublin Airport? Saw a glider tonight around 7, think he only had clearance once a week, I'd say he was taking pictures and will take more tomorrow afternoon for the afters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

The wind sounds pure demonic up here! Roof tiles are banging like crazy. Electricity just gone out too :(:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

'some large object' is blowing around a taxiway at Dublin Airport apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Some "large object" blowing about the runway in Dublin haha

Winds still very much the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Still very gusty out here in D5. Large trees beside us are swaying a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Some debris of some sort reported now on the taxi way!

Guess we are all ears on the radio! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Lost power here . So am on crappy phone. Lots of power outages in north west acc to esb. Still gusting strong here. Hope this works . Have never posted from phone before

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭whataboutnow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

We've just been kicked off a flight here at DUB due to winds...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Hubby just left for work and he is walking :( pretty wild out there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement