Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going a bit mad trying to pick an e-cigarette

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I wish i spotted your cart earlier, i deffo would of suggested that you got a second battery.

You'll really come unstuck on a weekend, when your battery will die when your out and about, and you'll have to wait a couple of hours for it to charge up when ya get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

eeloe wrote: »
    I wish i spotted your cart earlier, i deffo would of suggested that you got a second battery.

You'll really come unstuck on a weekend, when your battery will die when your out and about, and you'll have to wait a couple of hours for it to charge up when ya get home!

Ah thanks someone did pick up on that in time :D
    I changed the order to 2 batteries!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

OK so call me Mrs. Vape!!

This is much better than I expected :D
    Everything was pretty straightforward after all the great advice I have received on here - thanks to all

Think I may be slightly overdoing it as it's just so easy to pick up over and over again though!

Really can't see myself doing it out and about though - didn't realise it would be quite so noisy!
    Also it looks very "manly" if you know what I mean??
    Wondering if there is any smaller more discreet batteries to put on the end of the DCC?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There are 510 sized batteries that would be about the size of a normal cigarette. They won't last anywhere near as long as your eGo batteries, but they should be good for occasional use.

There are some really small devices out there like the SD Keyring, and lots of others too, but I don't know much about them.

I'm not sure about the noise, but I think they only sound loud to the person using them because the noise is happening almost in your mouth. I don't think they sound as loud to other people near by?

The 510 batteries wouldn't last any length driving a DCC!!!

Have you looked @ the Silver/Stainless steel ego batteries, they look a lot more....elegant? Than the black ones, a little more girlie than solid black!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

dubsgirl wrote: »
    OK so call me Mrs. Vape!!

This is much better than I expected :D
    Everything was pretty straightforward after all the great advice I have received on here - thanks to all

Think I may be slightly overdoing it as it's just so easy to pick up over and over again though!

Really can't see myself doing it out and about though - didn't realise it would be quite so noisy!
    Also it looks very "manly" if you know what I mean??
    Wondering if there is any smaller more discreet batteries to put on the end of the DCC?

As stated earlier, a 510 battery won't last long at all if a DCC is attached, and you could end up damaging the battery. But a standard Boge Cartomizer (SR) will last for a few hours on a 510 battery. The my other half preferred vape at the moment. Has the same feeling as yourself with the Ego looking too manly as you put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Hey, first timer here.

After going through this thread and a couple other threads in this forum I have decided to give this a try!

This is my order but I wanted to show it to you guys just to see if I'm missing anything!

202549.PNG

Yep, you've pretty much got all the bases covered there man!
    batteries
    charger
    catros
    drip tip
    Juice...

Happy Vaping :)

Order placed. Roll on Monday/Tuesday!

I'd you ordered after 3pm today you won't have it till Tuesday unfortunately.

It's some pain in the sack ordering stuff on a Friday, makes me sick having to wait for it! Haha!

• Advertisement

Yeah I spent a good amount of time justifying the purchase in my head hence me missing the deadline. Went and bought a Jasper and Jasper disposable at my local shop and after about an hour of enjoyment the purchase was made! Not a huge fan of the "tobacco" flavor though. Anyone have any killer suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I don't like the tobacco flavours either. The Liqua fruity range are my favourite - from The Best Shop. The White Label juice that I've tried from Irish Vapers is good too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://alba-vapours.co.uk/sweet-fruit-flavours/swedish-fish

only juice you'll ever need, delicious

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/%22Strawberry%20Milkshake%22/SubProducts/Strawmilk20mg10ml
    few people have said this juice is amazing, havent tried it yet myself

irishvapers.ie have some whitelabel juices, dunno if they make them themselves or if they get them from somewhere else but the ones i've tried were lovely

Strawberry Milkshake is unreal, definatly pick up a bottle and try it!!!!

Stuff arrived bright and early this morning! Currently puffing away on strawberry but I have a feeling I'm going to be switching back and forth between all three flavors I got!

Will have to buy some RY4 and Strawberry milkshake when the next paycheck arrives!

Thanks all!

Excellent man, glad to see your enjoying it right away! :-)

The ry-c9 pleasantly surprised me, I normally don't like tobacco vapes, but it's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Have been lurking on this forum and found this thread a great help. Ordered ego-T batteries and carts for me and my husband. Been trying them out for the past couple of days and today is my first day without real cigs.

Loving it so far - using apple today which is nice and waiting on more flavours to arrive next week. Can see how it can become a bit of an obsession - there are so many options and varieties out there.

You guys are a wealth of information!

Yeah. There are so many options alright. The technology is not really robust yet though and that's why everybody is always trying the 'next big thing'.

Although it gets you off the fags, I'm not sure that it helps quit nicotine though. Still a hell of a lot better than smoking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Yeah am using the 18mg nicotine liquids at the moment. Hoping in the future to gradually reduce the strength down and try wean off it that way. No hurry for that though - would much prefer to be vaping than smoking.

It does look a bit odd though - think cos the egoT batteries are so big compared to the cartomisers. May try some of these next to see if they look more 'balanced' - https://shop365.ie/epages/950002218.sf/secae07028044/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/MegaDCC

you can just buy a cone for the ego battery if you're worried about the look
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/spare-parts-for-joye-ego/atomizer-cover-for-joye-ego-ego-cone-/prod_136.html

think it fits over most cartomisers, not the clear ones though. they're a bit thicker

• Advertisement

18mg is a good place to start alright. I'm on 9mg at the moment but it is quite a tough drop. Don't think I could drop any more but I'm only using eGo batteries too.

Some people use higher voltage devices and lower nic alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Well after having a go off a mates e-cig over the weekend i've decided to splash out, I've read through this thread and I think i have everything i need in the order below but if those with a bit more knowledge than myself have any advice or changes it would be much appreciated.

Vape.jpg

are you intentionally getting two of the juices in 0mg?

i'd personally go for a 900mah battery instead of the 650's and i hate auminium drip tips so I'd reccomend one of the plastic ones, other than that it all looks good.

10% discount code of IRISHVAPE

Also that drip tip is the wrong shape, it's too big for cartos!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That covers most of it. Personally I'd suggest a plastic/delrin drip tip over the aluminium one, I find the aluminium ones don't fit great (they're loose and can fall out easily), they don't feel very good and they're not nice if you catch your teeth on them.

Also, just so you're aware, the 0mg juices will have almost no throat hit at all. I tried one recently and other than the flavour and seeing the vapour I wouldn't have known I was vaping at all. But that could be what you are after.

are you intentionally getting two of the juices in 0mg?

i'd personally go for a 900mah battery instead of the 650's and i hate auminium drip tips so I'd reccomend one of the plastic ones, other than that it all looks good.

10% discount code of IRISHVAPE

Well spotted, that wasn't intentional with the 0mg, this is properly a stupid question but whats the difference between the e-goC & e-go-T batteries as theres no 900mah available in the C
    eeloe wrote: »
    Also that drip tip is the wrong shape, it's too big for cartos!

Happy i asked before ordering now :)These better?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/drip-tips/ceramic-drip-tip-for-510/901/prod_216.html

i like the ceramics an awful lot, but for whatever reason the one I have wont fit into anything but a dual coil cartomiser. I have to use a different one for other cartos

as for the batteries.. god knows really. I think they're basically the same in the ego range maybe a few small differences.

The LED on the eGo-C batteries change color when the level drops below 50% goes from a blue to a light blue....

and yes, the drip tips your looking for are the 510 ones...the ceramic ones are nice, just the white one i got it very loose fitting!

Excellent thanks for the help and advice

I'll get the order in later and hopefully i'll be vaping by tomorrow evening, i'll keep ye updated

• Advertisement

so long as you order before 3pm (i think) you should get it in tomorrows post

Advertisement