Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going a bit mad trying to pick an e-cigarette

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well if you overfill a carto it can affect performance too, so you have to vape it with the bad performance for a while until you've used up enough juice for it not to be flooded any more

it's more of a feeling than any sort of "put in x amount of drops, vape for y minutes then refill", over time you'll just have an idea of when you should refill or when you've put a bit too much in.

if you're noticing a carto isnt doing great after a fill, take it through the battery and look through the battery end. you should be able to see all the way through the cartomiser. if you can't it means there's some liquid blocking the air hole. give the battery end a wipe down and blow through it to clear the blockage, should improve it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tranceboy 2k

Oh right cool, at least I don't have to through any badly filled ones away.

Yeah that's what I done awhile ago, it did make an improvement. Got some on my lips, OMG the taste off it is just horrible, not that I was thinking of drinking any :p

if you start sampling other juices from different sites youll find some you might actually want to drink :)

if you start sampling other juices from different sites youll find some you might actually want to drink :)

Lol are you saying that it's safe to drink them?

no :)

i dont actually know, but i doubt it is

• Advertisement

Arite haha I doubt so too, I thought you were suggesting that they'd be worth a try :p Hardly though. I'll stick to the vaping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

If I over fill a carto I find the best way to clear it is a puff through the drip tip end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Tom123 wrote: »
    If I over fill a carto I find the best way to clear it is a puff through the drip tip end.

Yep blow down the carto into a tissue. Dosn't work with tanks, youll drain the tank, I know, I had one kept flooding so I gave a good blow and lost the juice. :(

Yeah that's what I done too, into a tissue. I done it a bit too much though :D
    Well I had my real cig smoke and must say it didn't really taste "very" bad, but kind of felt pointless, it wasn't something I needed very much, it sure wasn't the usual relief. When I came back in it was the aftertaste, pure mank :p The e-Cigs are clearly much nicer, so it's defo a success. In the next few days I think I'll get a no-nicotine e-Liquid and see if I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 melanieup

Hi everyone. Just jumping in on this thread so sorry if anybody has already asked this. What strength e liquid would you recommend for someone who smokes about 10 a day? I'm looking here http://www.easyecigarette.com/ and they do 36mg, 26mg, 18mg, 5mg and zero nicotine (I;m guessing this will be no good for me..lol). New to all this vaping after not having much luck with patches. Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

18mg would probably be about right. 24mg would usually be enough for heavier smokers, with 36mg being enough for very heavy smokers. As a 10 a day smoker, 12mg might suit you better long term, but I think it's better to make sure you have enough to start with and then you can drop down a level when you're happy to do that. It's hard to be precise because everyone is a little bit different, sometimes a light smoker will need really strong e-liquid, an sometimes a very heavy smoker will only need really light e-liquid, but the above is roughly true for most people and I'd guess 18mg will be great for you. But you could also get some small bottles in other strengths just in case.

Also, you could check our Where to buy thread to shop around for the best deals.

I'd say good luck, but vaping is waaaay better than patches and I doubt you'll need it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 melanieup

Thank you very much for the advice - I will try the 18mg, and have a look on the where to buy thread. Found the site I posted above on Google so not sure how reputable it is. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

As stevenmu said, I'd say start with 18mg. I started on that and I was not a heavy smoker and it did the trick. Mostly on 12mg now so you can always drop down afterwards.

if you buy from a uk site you'll be waiting a week or more for post, irish sites are all next day I think

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Hi all

Hoping someone can help me here
    I was planning on ordering this starter kit
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/ego-t-dcc-promotional-starter-kit/prod_207.html

But it is out of stock so I am trying to order separately but can't work out which atomiser to order??

So far my order looks like this...

Order.PNG

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT same thing you linked

if you enter "starter" in the coupon box on the order page, you get 15% off the starter kit so it drops down to around 41-42 euro

about your order, that all looks fine. you'll want more than 1 battery though and dont forget the juice :)

Brill thanks Sir Digby - I was hoping you would respond :D

I notice that there is no atomiser on that Dual Coil Cartomiser starter kit - do I need one? ( I really have no idea what an atomiser is just noticed that it was on the other starter kit )

Also presume I should stick to ordering the Drip tips from the other site as can't find them on esmoke Ireland?

the original starter kit you linked has atomiser cones, not atomisers. a

http://www.thebestshop.eu/images/uploads/eGo-T_DCC.jpg

see the two cylinders there at the top of the picture? they screw over the cartomiser to the battery. they're purely cosmetic, you can order them seperately if you want them but I never bothered with them.. preferred the look of the dual coil on my battery without them.

and huh.. you're right, esmokeireland doesnt have driptips. weird.

Thanks for being so helpful! Going to go ahead and order the original order then from The Best shop as will need the drip tips.

Will get back to let you know how I get on - thanks again this is a minefield :D

esmoke has free shipping or same day collection in dublin (which im assuming is where you are :) ), and with the coupon code im prety sure it works out cheaper than if you were to order everything from thebestshop, but up to yourself :)

bestshop hsa a 10% off coupon of uh... IRISHVAPE I think

check the prices out anyway before you submit the order, see which one works out cheapest. you can always just order the drip tips from bestshop on their own, or with a bottle or two of juice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

And on a side note 1 charger would be enough, and rather 2 batteries as your picture,
    shows it the other way round.

regards

Just to explain, a cartomiser has a built in atomiser. It used to be common to have a separate atomiser and cartridge which held the liquid, but cartomisers combine both into one disposable unit.

And on a side note 1 charger would be enough, and rather 2 batteries as your picture,
    shows it the other way round.

regards

Oh well spotted thanks!!

I'm all ordered now - really looking forward to it and hope it can free me of the horrible smokers smell!

should have it by tomorrow so

there's a small learning curve with cartomisers, figuring out when they're properly filled and when they need refilling but you'll get the hang of it quickly enough

its best to keep them damp though, so dont fill it.. vape it till dry and then refill. fill it, vape for a bit.. put a few more drops in, vape for a bit, put a few more drops in.. etc etc. keeping them damp means thhey will last a bit longer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Let us know as soon as ya get it, if your experiencing any difficulties, can be a little disheartening at the beginning when it's not going right, we'll soon be able to put ya right.

This country desperately needs a bricks and mortar shop to get people set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Oh well spotted thanks!!

I'm all ordered now - really looking forward to it and hope it can free me of the horrible smokers smell!

Hopefully it will and save you a few bob along with that, just stick with it and give yourself a chance to get used to it and if you run into any difficulties just ask here as there's always someone around who will advise you :)

Hello again All!!

Well have received my delivery :D What a great service..

Now have the battery charging - how long do you think I should charge before giving it a go?
    As the starter kit was out of stock - this one

I don't have the manual as I ordered separately...

Am sure I will be back with more Q's before I begin

Thanks again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It should take a couple of hours to charge up, maybe 3-4, but wait it out, it'll be soo worth the wait.

the manual wont tell you much anyway

i think it needs to be charged fully before it can be used so..2-3 hours? maybe more, the light on the charger will turn green and then you'll know

no harm to fill the cartomiser now so its ready when the battery is charged. take the little rubber condoms off it, fill it with juice (drip slowly onto the filler material, avoiding getting any juice in the center air hole). the first fill can take a while and youll know it's near completion when the juice hangs around at the top of the filler for a long while before soaking in, when it starts dripping out the battery end it's pretty full.
    if you have a full cartomiser you dont want to vape yet, just put the condoms back on it and put it somewhere safe. then you can just screw it onto a battery when you want to use it.

• Advertisement

I think the batteries usually come half charged already, so it only takes an hour or two to fully charge.

Advertisement