Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think that she did release a new track the other day, part of the deal she signed. Haven't heard it myself.

Ah! I didn't know that!

It isn't all that great, but she was never going to release anything that great. She's only making music again because she has to. If her heart ain't in it, then it was never going to be earth shattering.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

El-P fans should watch this. Excellent interview in the Red Bull lecture series.

http://www.egotripland.com/el-p-red-bull-music-academy-lecture-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

FINALLY gave section 80 a full listen the other day, always struggled to get through the whole thing, been hooked on it for 4 days now, what an album couldn't even pick a favourite track probably adhd, hiiipower or no makeup, it'd be a toss up between them.

Some fùcking album, reminds me of ATliens for certain, I'll always maintain kendrick reminds me of a young Andre 3000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    FINALLY gave section 80 a full listen the other day, always struggled to get through the whole thing, been hooked on it for 4 days now, what an album couldn't even pick a favourite track probably adhd, hiiipower or no makeup, it'd be a toss up between them.

Some fùcking album, reminds me of ATliens for certain, I'll always maintain kendrick reminds me of a young Andre 3000

Check out control system by ab soul and habits and contradictions by schoolboy q too if you haven't checked them out - I took those much quicker than section.80 and they are every bit as good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

i just love when you listen to an album for the first time in ages , where you just forgotten how great it is ,
    just listened to Rae's cubin linx
    and Capone-n-Norega's CNN report ,
    first time in 2/3 years , and both still blow me away .
    Classic's

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

baddebt wrote: »
    i just love when you listen to an album for the first time in ages , where you just forgotten how great it is ,
    Classic's

What I'm doing at the moment is going through all my CD's at the moment and listening to them in the car. This morning was Commons 'Be', cant remember what I have lined up on the way home.

The way I have my CD's laid out, well, the way it started out that all albums were grouped alpabetically by artist, so A has all Atmosphere, B has all Big Daddy Kane, etc. So going through C's at the moment, War Report by CNN was spun the other day. I just realised how much crap there is on the CNN album, mixed with some classics.

baddebt wrote: »
    Classic's

I listen to at least 1 track from cuban linx daily, one of my favourite albums love that mafioso rap scene.

I listen to at least 1 track from cuban linx daily, one of my favourite albums love that mafioso rap scene.

Have you heard this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Haha that's awesome! Next time just let them get your picture, they already know what your face looks like!

Only really heard of Mr Green from the new R.A. album so looked him up and he has produced a some stuff I already heard. He produces nothing but bangers! Dude is awesome.

His album with Pacewon is class

This one's insane

Look forward to hearing more of his stuff.

Did Pacewon and Eminem ever squash their beef?

• Advertisement

Didn't think there waw any other Pacewon fans here, he's great imo, his work with mr green is excellent, children sing is a banger!

I don't think they ever squashed the beef it kinda just blew over, Outsidaz were a great group I remember hearing eminem shouting out to them in a couple of songs on the slim shady lp that's how I got onto them and then pacewons solo stuff. He's under rated imo

Yeah I remember hearing him shout them out on Just Don't Give A Fu*k and checking them out! Good stuff!

Tim Dog is apparently hanging out with Pac somewhere

http://www.egotripland.com/tim-dog-fake-death-video/

I've always been the type that would listen to the odd atmosphere tune never actually got into an album of theirs can anybody point me in the right direction of where to start album wise? I like pretty much everything I've heard from them, a lot of mellow stuff all with a lot of substance they're top class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

I've always been the type that would listen to the odd atmosphere tune never actually got into an album of theirs can anybody point me in the right direction of where to start album wise? I like pretty much everything I've heard from them, a lot of mellow stuff all with a lot of substance they're top class!

Overcast! is a whopper album.

Their new album The Family Sign is probably their most mellow to date. There's some quality songs on there.

Their sound has evolved so much you would be forgiven for thinking you were listening to different groups. From the boom bap battle raps at the start to Slugs amazing storytelling these days they've quite a range of music.

Album wise if you check out Overcast, God Loves Ugly, When Life Gives You Lemons and The Family Sign it will give you a good idea of what they're about. They have a wealth of material but I reckon those would be a good place to start.

I'd throw up some links but I'm on my phone at the minute

I'd recommend Sevens Travels to start off with. I think its the album where everything started to fall into place for them

Nice one lads gonna get stuck into them tonight!

Talks of Q Tip and Kendrick releasing a track together soon, should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Will smith was nothing short of excellent on the graham norton show tonight, i know he's fairly popular here... good rapper, one of the best actors around and the best rapper/actor imo.

petition for him to pick the mic back up starts here :D

petition for him to pick the mic back up starts here :D

No need for a petition, if rumours are to be believed, he is already working with Kanye on something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

So, did anyone see Macklemore or Ryan Lewis on the lash last night? Supposedly they went to a few places before landing in to Coppers :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

P.O.S. is a Crystal Palace fan it seems. He'll be delighted with today's result.

12f15615326b82aca0bd0ba856ecf27d.png

Who is the female rnb singer/group that used this instrumental?? I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing this somewhere before years ago I'm almost certain of it, just can't put my finger on it

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Who is the female rnb singer/group that used this instrumental?? I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing this somewhere before years ago I'm almost certain of it, just can't put my finger on it

The Message was sampled by this girl in her cover of the Mr. Mister classic Broken Wings!

Shit song haha

The Message was sampled by this girl in her cover of the Mr. Mister classic Broken Wings!

Shit song haha
    Nope that's not it, that's dreadful

Stolen from the YLYL4 thread, i laughed. I lost apparently.

408186_527647873949074_341084710_n.jpg

If you've got a couple of hours to spare, and like Q-Tip, then watch this:

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/lectures/q-tip

It starts off slow, but really picks up when he gets more comfortable.

Been following Wax from his days freestyling in his car and his low budget videos. Pretty damn happy for him, it must feel good!

944228_594774263890338_384329421_n.jpg

Rock AM Ring, Germany.

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Been following Wax from his days freestyling in his car and his low budget videos. Pretty damn happy for him, it must feel good!

Rock AM Ring, Germany.

I'm the same, the first time i seen the 93 Til Infinity rap in the car I was hooked. Although, not too keen on his more recent output, mainly due to too many gimmicky songs.

Rosana is #1 in German and Austrian charts (not sure which one) for a few weeks/months which prompted the recent trip to Europe to play some festivals.

Fair play to the dude.

• Advertisement

Advertisement