Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

It's just as well Oxegen isnt going ahead, that T in the Park lineup is piss poor, lets be honest !

I know more acts will be annouced, but for now it's mainly full of reformed bands and hip hop ****é

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

far more likely to be a Guetta/Calvin Harris/Erol Alkan/SHM/Chase&Status/Skrillex/other kiddie-dance type thing on the Friday or Saturday imo.

You where right well sort off
    Swedish House Mafia,Snoop Dogg,Calvin Harris and Tine Tempah palying 7th July....
    I cant see this selling out

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004855A51B6101?artistid=1429693&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sisco wrote: »
    Swedish House Mafia,Snoop Dogg,Calvin Harris and Tine Tempah palying 7th July....

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004855A51B6101?artistid=1429693&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

I think it might , SHM had a massive attendance at Oxegen (so i hear i was at Foo Fighters) , Snoop Dogg , Calvin and Tinie are all massive acts . If they keep prices reasonable like Snow Patrol it well sell out

Also its weird that Calvin Harris is doing TITP the same night . Presume he will be on 1st to allow him to get over to Scotland

€59.50 onsale next friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭bren2001

Also its weird that Calvin Harris is doing TITP the same night . Presume he will be on 1st to allow him to get over to Scotland

He only does DJ sets now, presumably he is the first warm up act.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

bren2001 wrote: »
    He only does DJ sets now, presumably he is the first warm up act.

And theyre sh!te compared to the live gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Rammstein need to be brought back ASAP and no better place then the park!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

yeah Rammstein back please, bring them over with Mastodon.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

WTF ? Why are Mastodon playing T in The Park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

WTF ? Why are Mastodon playing T in The Park ?
    Look again......then come back and tell us what you see

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Don't worry Electric Picnic fans!

The Killers are confirmed for T in the Park. Expect them to play Phoenix park now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

sisco wrote: »

Why has this link disappeared ??

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Why has this link disappeared ??

I'd imagine its because its not being formally announced yet. This happens now and again that a gig is up on ticketmaster before its actually been announced.

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Don't worry Electric Picnic fans!

The Killers are confirmed for T in the Park. Expect them to play Phoenix park now!

I could see them doing T-Vital instead and do Pheonix Park next year . Unless they plan on doing PP gigs in August

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

The Killers are confirmed for T in the Park??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭bren2001

lc180 wrote: »
    The Killers are confirmed for T in the Park??

No, they are not confirmed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Egan91

Well The Killers are now playing Electric Picnic, So that rules them out of a Phoenix Park date I'd say.

What about Green Day? They're doing a festival in June so maybe a Phoenix Park date in July could be on the cards! :D

Egan91 wrote: »
    Well The Killers are now playing Electric Picnic, So that rules them out of a Phoenix Park date I'd say.

What? This thread has gotten very confusing......

The Killers are heading to Electric Picnic September 2 for their first Irish show in three years.

They were announced to headline Electric Picnic today... So I dont think The Killers will be playing a night in The Phoenix Park ... I think Green Day might do one :)

Sorry for doubting you! They didn't announce the Killers at lunch with the rest of them.
    I haven't heard anything about Green Day but the are probably one of the few bands that could shift 40,000 tickets this summer.

lc180 wrote: »
    Sorry for doubting you! They didn't announce the Killers at lunch with the rest of them.
    I haven't heard anything about Green Day but the are probably one of the few bands that could shift 40,000 tickets this summer.

Well they didnt sell out Marley Park last time so i doubt they could do PP . I think they are doing an arena tour though in Sept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

someone who would be AMAZING in the pheonix park would be pink she would put on a show and a half!!!!!!!!!

but i have heard some rumors as always that rihanna is most likely going to be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

It would be class if there was a few bands along the lines of Faith no More, Pearl Jam or QOTSA but cant see it happening. Still though id say there will be something for most people between the six gigs so i can always hope these bands mentioned are announced for one of those days :D

Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam (or both on different nights)
    with QOTSA and Faith No More as Special Guests :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

Would love to see the foo's :)

Would a dj/dj lineup ever be considered for phoenix park?? I would imagine guetta (as much as i dislike him) would sell very well? or some tech/house people like tiesto,afrojack,van buuren? Im guessing theyd need a bill for it to work.

Ive always wanted to see a good big name dj set, now im no skanger id happily see metallica then hop on into deadmau5 or the likes

chucktesta wrote: »
    Would love to see the foo's :)

Would a dj/dj lineup ever be considered for phoenix park?? I would imagine guetta (as much as i dislike him) would sell very well? or some tech/house people like tiesto,afrojack,van buuren? Im guessing theyd need a bill for it to work.

Ive always wanted to see a good big name dj set, now im no skanger id happily see metallica then hop on into deadmau5 or the likes

Swedish House Mafia are playing on the 7th of July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Kasabian playing T in the Park in July chances are they will play phoenix park

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Huge SHM fan, seen them a few times at this stage between festivals and ibiza. they clashed with black eyed peas at oxegen on the friday, not foos. totals scrotefest but couldnt give a ****e, cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Imjustlovely

Are Swedish House Mafia confirmed ? :) Would be the job as i'm going to Snow Patrol and Florence so would be like i was at oxegen if i was up in Dublin for the weekend but get to stay in a hotel instead of a tent maybe MCD were right to change things:p

Are Swedish House Mafia confirmed ? :)

EFestivals say they'll be headlining with Snoop Dogg, Tinie Tempah and Calvin Harris as supports! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Imjustlovely

Egan91 wrote: »
    EFestivals say they'll be headlining with Snoop Dogg, Tinie Tempah and Calvin Harris as supports! :P

Ooh really :D bar Snoop Dogg that would be class :P

Do you have any link about it ?
    I went googling but couldn't find anything :confused:

Advertisement