Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

That lineup should certainly sell well and at a fair price.

Must say I'm impressed with this announcement. Ray Foley made the official announcement on Today FM at 1.30pm today. This should sell out fast IMO. Very fair price.

Are we excpecting gigs to be confirmed for Fri 6th and Sat 7th given that the Stone Roses and Snow Patrol have now been confirmed????

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Must say I'm impressed with this announcement. Ray Foley made the official announcement on Today FM at 1.30pm today. This should sell out fast IMO. Very fair price.

Are we excpecting gigs to be confirmed for Fri 6th and Sat 7th given that the Stone Roses and Snow Patrol have now been confirmed????

MCD should cater for certain audiences if there are going to be gigs on Friday 6th and Sat 7th.

They should have a Metal/Rock day (Foo Fighers, Green Day or Black Sabbath etc) and maybe a RNB, Rap or Hip Hop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

a dance act would be great like chemical Bros or Underworld. Cant see it happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

PTH2009 wrote: »
    MCD should cater for certain audiences if there are going to be gigs on Friday 6th and Sat 7th.

They should have a Metal/Rock day (Foo Fighers, Green Day or Black Sabbath etc) and maybe a RNB, Rap or Hip Hop

Don't be surprised if Rihanna & Drake play one of the days, both are playing Hyde Park that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sonisphere uk is on the weekend of the 6-8 july.

Queen or Faith No More to play Phoenix Park on the 6th July ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Snow Patrol plus Florence and the Machine will play Phoenix Park on Sunday 8 July. Tickets €59.50 go on sale next Friday, 24 February at 08:00.

shocking , jesus pure tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

shocking , jesus pure tripe

I have to say whilst neither band are my bag so to speak, I am old enough to realise that they are 'popular' and a lot of people do like them?

Can I suggest that if you see something like this you don't like you just move along and not clutter up the thread with opinion, I mean jaysus imagine we all did it ho ho :) , sure we'd get nothing done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Rastapitts wrote: »
    a dance act would be great like chemical Bros or Underworld. Cant see it happening

Prodigy maybe? An Irish version of the Warriors Dance Festival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Queen ....to play Phoenix Park on the 6th July ????

26 yrs + 1 day since they played Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sonisphere uk is on the weekend of the 6-8 july.

Queen or Faith No More to play Phoenix Park on the 6th July ????

Is it?? Heard rumours that it may be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is it?? Heard rumours that it may be cancelled.

Doubt it. I reckon Van Halen and dem are holding up the show. Apparently the first announcement is coming in next weeks kerrang. + They sold loads of early bird tickets last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

According to the SP it says and "several other acts to be announced"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'll probably be getting a Snow Patrol ticket if any of my friends are going.

I've been meaning to see them for some time now.

I have no problem going to gigs on my own, went to NG last night on my own but Snow Patrol are a band which I would rather be with a group.

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'll probably be getting a Snow Patrol ticket if any of my friends are going.

I've been meaning to see them for some time now.

I have no problem going to gigs on my own, went to NG last night on my own but Snow Patrol are a band which I would rather be with a group.

I go to most gigs on my own these days :(:(:(:( but it doesnt really bother me . Prob head along to this even though i hate FATM . And its decent value for money aswell with 2 arena size bands and more acts tbc

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I go to most gigs on my own these days :(:(:(:( but it doesnt really bother me . Prob head along to this even though i hate FATM . And its decent value for money aswell with 2 arena size bands and more acts tbc

Same. Its all about the music mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :pac:

True, may as well get a ticket I missed them at the O2 and I have heard Snow Patrol are supposed to be amazing live so I may as well go to one of their shows sooner or later.

Anyone know when further announcements will be made?

I hope we do get Elton John doing a date, I'm not going up to Belfast to see him.

karaokeman wrote: »
    True, may as well get a ticket I missed them at the O2 and I have heard Snow Patrol are supposed to be amazing live so I may as well go to one of their shows sooner or later.

Anyone know when further announcements will be made?

I hope we do get Elton John doing a date, I'm not going up to Belfast to see him.

Yea the O2 gig was great and imo Gary has become a lot more confident as a frontman and they played near or around 2 hours so it was worth the money . It was my 1st time seeing them indoors had seem them in Marley Park 06 , Oxegen 07 and Oxegen 09 . Ill prob get a ticket but i know my sister and her friends will prob be going aswell (especially with FATM supporting) so ill end up tagging along with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Doubt it. I reckon Van Halen and dem are holding up the show. Apparently the first announcement is coming in next weeks kerrang. + They sold loads of early bird tickets last year.

Sonishphere announcement is in Kerrang on Wed as you mentioned - but I'm pretty sure there won't be any sign of Van Halen at it, they've already said they are focusing on the US this year and they turned down Sweden Rock so I'd doubt they are doing Sonisphere (although it the GNR rumour is true Soni are mad and it would also explain the delay in announcement as they aren't known to be easy to deal with).......

pth2009 - Sabbath definitely won't be one of these dates, only doing Download this year and that of course will depend on Iommi's health. Would love to see FNM and a few Soni bands as one of these MCD dates though.......

for me irrelevant of my feelings on Snow Patrol and FATM they are popular and with a couple of decent supports €60 isn't overpriced, hopefully there's a couple of other dates to be announced....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I go to most on my own at this stage too, but you end up enjoying it more. No need to worry about anyone else! Don't have someone talking in your ear for ages either if they don't like the show.

I'll definitely be heading along to this, €60 is great value for those two acts. I wasn't really planning on attending any of these Phoenix Park gigs but this one sounds like good value.

frantic190 wrote: »
    I go to most on my own at this stage too, but you end up enjoying it more. No need to worry about anyone else! Don't have someone talking in your ear for ages either if they don't like the show.

I'll definitely be heading along to this, €60 is great value for those two acts. I wasn't really planning on attending any of these Phoenix Park gigs but this one sounds like good value.

I think if the series of Pheonix Park gigs are no more then €60 they will sell out . If they have 2 big bands playing (like SP and FATM ) it will sell well. Add 2 or 3 smaller bands and you will get your moneys worth instead of Oxegen charging €90 for a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Metallica In June, kick off the gigs by tearing the place down

What's your source? I doubt it very much.

What's your source? I doubt it very much.

http://www.metallica.com/news/20120212-883172.asp

EDIT: This is why I doubt it.

I doubt it too - but as usual with Metallica the last like is that's it for Europe for now - meaning additional dates could be added - but I don't see them doing a date here this year.....would like to be proven wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Posted that ages ago when rumours were rife of an Irish Metallica show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So this has been the 2nd gig confirmed? Crossing my fingers for Pearl Jam :)

Queen are making an announcement tonight at 8pm(which is the same time Sonisphere are announcing aswell)

What about either Pearl Jam with special guests Faith No More???? or even Queen with Faith No More?

I think if Foo's do Reading and Leeds maybe they might do Slane in August since i dont think they will do a seperate Pheonix Park gig in August unless the do Aviva

Queen are making an announcement tonight at 8pm(which is the same time Sonisphere are announcing aswell)

What about either Pearl Jam with special guests Faith No More???? or even Queen with Faith No More?

I think if Foo's do Reading and Leeds maybe they might do Slane in August since i dont think they will do a seperate Pheonix Park gig in August unless the do Aviva

Foos??? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWN.:rolleyes:

I'd say Foos could make an appearance.

I think its more likely Coldplay will do Slane and Foos will play a Park gig seen as how Coldplay are bigger.

• Advertisement

PJ & FNM would be amazing - but I honestly think if PJ were playing here they'd have been announced by now, there other dates wouldn't have been affected by an announcement.....

If Queen with Lambert & FNM are both headliners at Sonisphere it would be highly unlikely they'd be teamed up for a single date in the Park.....but you never know these days....

Foo's look odds on for Reading & Leeds but think it's about time they played indoors here again......

8pm tonight might tell us a lot about what sort of Rock gig MCD have in mind :-)

Advertisement