Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Id say he'll be on first in the pheonix park, dj set, get the crowd going. then fly to t in the park. often happened that way when oxegen and t in the park were the same weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Don't know if it was mentioned here already but The Temper Trap will support Snow Patrol and Florence at the phoenix park gig 8th/july 2012, new album due in May also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 liverpoollfc

Nice one , cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Egan91

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

saw this on twitter last night for reading/leeds
    looks fairly realistic and has since been takin down
    what a lineup if true!!

That lineup does look pretty cool, Have to say.

There was a piece in the Evening Herald yesterday about there being 7 concerts in the Phoenix Park... Lady Gaga, The Who, Black Sabbath and The Beach Boys are the 4 they state could play it... I'd be suprised in Foo Fighters dont announce one after Reading and Leeds is officially released! :)

Oh that piece also says Coldplay will be playing Slane!.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Egan91 wrote: »
    That lineup does look pretty cool, Have to say.

There was a piece in the Evening Herald yesterday about there being 7 concerts in the Phoenix Park... Lady Gaga, The Who, Black Sabbath and The Beach Boys are the 4 they state could play it... I'd be suprised in Foo Fighters dont announce one after Reading and Leeds is officially released! :)

Oh that piece also says Coldplay will be playing Slane!.

Id be happy with The Who and Beach Boys (but id say tickets will be very expensive for them if its anything like Brian Wilsons last tour) . Black Sabbath wont happen anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Egan91

Id be happy with The Who and Beach Boys (but id say tickets will be very expensive for them if its anything like Brian Wilsons last tour) . Black Sabbath wont happen anymore

I'd say tickets will still prob be 59.50 in line with all the other gigs so far :P ... Yeh Sabbath wont be going ahead :( ... Thats where I'd say Foo Fighters will now come in, Prob with Tenacious D as support! :D (Heres hoping! xD) ... Gaga will prob do one aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Egan91 wrote: »
    Gaga will prob do one aswell.

Didn't GaGa rule out a European tour this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

karaokeman wrote: »
    Didn't GaGa rule out a European tour this summer?

Nope europe in summer..... she is playing Twickenham stadium on 21st and 22nd of July....
    Could easily happen

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Will sweedish house mafia sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

What capacity will they have for these gigs? i.e. will they organise the site as per the number of tickets sold to a maximum of 10,000 - 15,000?

Just checked there and you can still buy batches of 8 tickets for SHM. The €6.10 service charge per ticket is a (well referenced) joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

connundrum wrote: »
    What capacity will they have for these gigs? i.e. will they organise the site as per the number of tickets sold to a maximum of 10,000 - 15,000?

Just checked there and you can still buy batches of 8 tickets for SHM. The €6.10 service charge per ticket is a (well referenced) joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

connundrum wrote: »

The capacity for all the Phoenix Park gigs will be 45,000.

The site won't be changed around to cater to demand, simply not possible to change the site from one day to the next. Anyway, the licence that will be granted will have strict capacity limits set to it. Stone Roses and Snow Patrol are officially sold out and I would expect SHM to sell out aswell.

This is taken from the Phoenix Park policy section on the website:

11. Large scale Free concerts: Applications for use of the Park for one such event annually, with an audience capacity up to 50,000, shall be eligible for consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

The site won't be changed around to cater to demand, simply not possible to change the site from one day to the next.

Of corse it's possible. They used to do it with Marley Park all the time. They'd move the stalls at the back forward if there was a smaller crowd at a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Of corse it's possible. They used to do it with Marley Park all the time. They'd move the stalls at the back forward if there was a smaller crowd at a show.

I'll change the way I said that so.

I wouldn't expect any change in the lay-out of the Phoenix Park site for any of the gigs between Thursday and Sunday.

Thursday - Stone Roses - Sold Out - 45,000

Friday - TBC

Saturday - SHM, Calvin Harris etc - High Possibility Sell Out (or very close to) - 45,000

Sunday - SP & FATM - Sold Out - 45,000

More than likely, there will be no need to alter the site in any way as they will set it out for 45,000 for Stone Roses and will more than likely have 45,000 each night up until Sunday!

You would also have thought that MCD set a capacity of 45,000 (rather than apply for 80,000-120,000) to ensure that all gigs would sell out therefore eliminating the need to alter the site daily, resulting in a reduction of work and therefore save cash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Anyone have any idea if there will be any announcement soon? I want to go to SHM but if Arctic Monkeys or Kasabian play I'll have to pick them.

Hopefully SHM doesn't sell out too quick anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Still tickets available

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

You would also have thought that MCD set a capacity of 45,000 (rather than apply for 80,000-120,000) to ensure that all gigs would sell out therefore eliminating the need to alter the site daily, resulting in a reduction of work and therefore save cash!!

That doesn't make sense. Why would they cap themselves at 45k when some of those shows would sell more that? More likely the capacity is set by whoever issues the licence for these gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

What are the guesses for the Friday line-up then?
    Im guessing:
    Kasabian
    Bloc Party
    The Enemy
    Miles Kane

Would be tremendous although I think Bloc Party subbing for Kasabian is probably wishful thinking. I cant see Arctic Monkeys playing any part as they are concentrating on America and are gunna start writing their next record over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Anyone know when the Friday line up is due to be announced??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Anyone know when the Friday line up is due to be announced??

So far they have only announced the next one after the previous gig that they had announced had sold out so we may have to wait until SHM gets sold out id say. Could be waiting a while but its smart business on MCD's part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

That doesn't make sense. Why would they cap themselves at 45k when some of those shows would sell more that? More likely the capacity is set by whoever issues the licence for these gigs.
    i think the promoter will have the capacity as part of the planning application (along with numerous other requirements). it's up to the council to grant or deny the application.
    there are numerous reasons why it might only be 45,000, promoters mightn't be confident about how many tickets they'd sell, profit margins mightn't make it worthwhile to have bigger, they might only be able to rent a certain area of the park with that capacity, probably several other reasons too...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Morrison J wrote: »
    So far they have only announced the next one after the previous gig that they had announced had sold out so we may have to wait until SHM gets sold out id say. Could be waiting a while but its smart business on MCD's part.

Ah right, good business alright, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Morrison J wrote: »
    What are the guesses for the Friday line-up then?
    Im guessing:
    Kasabian
    Bloc Party
    The Enemy
    Miles Kane

Would be tremendous although I think Bloc Party subbing for Kasabian is probably wishful thinking. I cant see Arctic Monkeys playing any part as they are concentrating on America and are gunna start writing their next record over the summer.
    Jaysis id feckin love that line up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

I'll change the way I said that so.

I wouldn't expect any change in the lay-out of the Phoenix Park site for any of the gigs between Thursday and Sunday.

Thursday - Stone Roses - Sold Out - 45,000

Friday - TBC

Saturday - SHM, Calvin Harris etc - High Possibility Sell Out (or very close to) - 45,000

Sunday - SP & FATM - Sold Out - 45,000

More than likely, there will be no need to alter the site in any way as they will set it out for 45,000 for Stone Roses and will more than likely have 45,000 each night up until Sunday!

Add the Temper Trap to that lineup too :D on the Sunday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

coldplay?? id say

A V A wrote: »
    coldplay?? id say

Think they are doing Slane

cool i thought slane was off this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

A V A wrote: »
    cool i thought slane was off this year

Its still not confirmed though.

Maybe MCD want to announce Coldplay when all the Phoenix Park gigs have sold out?

karaokeman wrote: »
    Its still not confirmed though.

Maybe MCD want to announce Coldplay when all the Phoenix Park gigs have sold out?

Or what they could do is cancel Slane and just have all big gigs in the Park?
    3 gigs announced 3 more to go . Foo's , Coldplay , Gaga?

• Advertisement

that sounds more like it to me

would you say they'll have the satge where they had it for Robbie williams?

Advertisement