Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Imjustlovely

Ooh really :D bar Snoop Dogg that would be class :P

Do you have any link about it ?
    I went googling but couldn't find anything :confused:

Never mind was found it at the top of the google searches Doh!:( i'll use not wearing my glasses as an excuse :rolleyes: may or may not be true :p

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Far as I know it popped up on Ticketmaster the other day so it's basically confirmed and just waiting to be announced.. :) Tickets 59.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Egan91

Never mind was found it at the top of the google searches Doh!:( i'll use not wearing my glasses as an excuse :rolleyes: may or may not be true :p

Haha well at least you found it now! :D ... Yeh your ''Excuse'' seems legit anyway :P haha

Egan91 wrote: »
    Haha well at least you found it now! :D ... Yeh your ''Excuse'' seems legit anyway :P haha

I had to use some excuse :p or else i'd look stupid:o

Tickets are on sale on Friday MCD are trying to make me go broke with the phoenix park gigs and Electric Picnic hopefully they'll be worth it though :D Wish the summer would just be here already :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Snoop Dogg, Tinie Tempah, Swedish House Mafia and Calvin Harris play Dublin’s Phoenix Park on 7th of July 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Snoop Dogg, Tinie Tempah, Swedish House Mafia and Calvin Harris play Dublin’s Phoenix Park on 7th of July 2012
    Didn't realise snoopy dog doggy was still around? Was he not killed by his record company after fatty bfg was shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

You call me a dog? Well that's fair enough....

I think Faith No More should perform in Ireland, since they're headlining Sonisphere, and would have no problem doing a big gig in the Park!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think Faith No More should perform in Ireland, since they're headlining Sonisphere, and would have no problem doing a big gig in the Park!

Would FNM be able to sell out Pheonix Park?

Tickets are on sale on Friday MCD are trying to make me go broke with the phoenix park gigs and Electric Picnic hopefully they'll be worth it though :D Wish the summer would just be here already :cool:

These phoenix park gigs look to be pretty promising so far! ... Electric Picnic's lineup looks deadly too so It should deffo be worth it ... Contemplating what to do :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

chucktesta wrote: »
    Would love to see the foo's :)

Would a dj/dj lineup ever be considered for phoenix park?? I would imagine guetta (as much as i dislike him) would sell very well? or some tech/house people like tiesto,afrojack,van buuren? Im guessing theyd need a bill for it to work.

Ive always wanted to see a good big name dj set, now im no skanger id happily see metallica then hop on into deadmau5 or the likes

Im with yeh on that one, never mind this Guetta or the likes a proper DJ line up would be great or for me even better again to get Daft Punk after seeing them live at oxegen they blew me away.

:pac::pac: im no skanger either just have very eclectic taste in music listen to everything really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Well you 2 would buy 5,000 tickets between ya just to make it happen so that's a start ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Would absolutely love to see Snoop with some older rappers, but not with DJs and Tinie Tempah.

How many more concerts(if any?) are left to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

baz2009 wrote: »
    Would absolutely love to see Snoop with some older rappers, but not with DJs and Tinie Tempah.

How many more concerts(if any?) are left to be announced?

If they are having six its now three down and three to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

im going stone roses and shm. if they announce another good one id be interested in thatd be the price of a bloody oxegen ticket.mcd know what theyre doing....

These phoenix park gigs look to be pretty promising so far! ... Electric Picnic's lineup looks deadly too so It should deffo be worth it ... Contemplating what to do :confused:

I know if they annouce a gig i like for the 6th of July i'll go mad though as it will cost me twice what it would have to go to Oxegen like. Dubliners don't know how lucky they are having gigs on their doorstep. :rolleyes:
    God i'd love to go to a European festival as would nearly cost me the same but have no one that willing to go :( damn them boring feckers ruining all my fun. :mad:

Yeah Electric Picnic's lineup i'd say will end up being brill :D Have you been before ? If ya can afford to go to both do :) But if ya can't it will be hard choice :eek: But festivals are more fun though :p

Im with yeh on that one, never mind this Guetta or the likes a proper DJ line up would be great or for me even better again to get Daft Punk after seeing them live at oxegen they blew me away.

:pac::pac: im no skanger either just have very eclectic taste in music listen to everything really.

If Daft Punk were annouced I would be so happy only know there more popular songs but would love to see them :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I know if they annouce a gig i like for the 6th of July i'll go mad though as it will cost me twice what it would have to go to Oxegen like. Dubliners don't know how lucky they are having gigs on their doorstep. :rolleyes:
    God i'd love to go to a European festival as would nearly cost me the same but have no one that willing to go :( damn them boring feckers ruining all my fun. :mad:

Yeah Electric Picnic's lineup i'd say will end up being brill :D Have you been before ? If ya can afford to go to both do :) But if ya can't it will be hard choice :eek: But festivals are more fun though :p

Haha thats why I love being in Dublin :'D ... Plus the Phoenix park is like 5 - 10 mins from where I live! :D xD

Was thinking of waiting to see who's playing Reading and Leeds before I decide what festival to go to (The festivals on the weekend of my bday so) :P ... U need a proper group of ppl to go with! xD

Havent been to Electric Picnic, Wanted to go last year but missed out :/

Haha thats why I love being in Dublin :'D ... Plus the Phoenix park is like 5 - 10 mins from where I live! :D xD

Was thinking of waiting to see who's playing Reading and Leeds before I decide what festival to go to (The festivals on the weekend of my bday so) :P ... U need a proper group of ppl to go with! xD

Why are Dubs such show offs :P and mean to Culchies it hurts :(

Yeah i'd say those festivals are class like I'm hoping to to Glastonbury in 2013 so won't probably go near England this year i do wanna see what festivals are like outside Ireland though so it will happen eventually hopefully :D as I will have annoyed enough people to go by 2013 :P and if i haven't i'll just cry :(

You missed Electric Picnic last year pity it was the most amazing one ever :P

There is more craic to be had at Oxegen but at Electric Picnic you get away with wearing fairy wings and no one saying a word to ya , if i had done that at Oxegen probably would have be stolen off me lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If Daft Punk were annouced I would be so happy only know there more popular songs but would love to see them :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Do yourself a favour and get your hands on this album so its amazing really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH3Ne5Nv2tc

Tere one of the best acts ive ever seen live, ill be first in the que if they ever come back.

Why are Dubs such show offs :P and mean to Culchies it hurts :(

Yeah i'd say those festivals are class like I'm hoping to to Glastonbury in 2013 so won't probably go near England this year i do wanna see what festivals are like outside Ireland though so it will happen eventually hopefully :D as I will have annoyed enough people to go by 2013 :P and if i haven't i'll just cry :(

You missed Electric Picnic last year pity it was the most amazing one ever :P

There is more craic to be had at Oxegen but at Electric Picnic you get away with wearing fairy wings and no one saying a word to ya , if i had done that at Oxegen probably would have be stolen off me lol :D

We ain't show offs :( I'm a Dub who takes pride in my culchie cousins! :P haha

Yeh I'd say the festivals over there are pretty cool, If the Reading and Leeds Lineup is good I might just make a trip over, Say Glastonbury would be cool though... Haha just keep nagging them, Your sure to get there sometime!! :D

I did, I went to Oxegen instead, Once I saw Foo Fighters I didnt care who else was on the lineup haha .. I'd say EP last year was pretty cool though!

Hahaha They prob wouldve been but thats what Oxegen has been famed for, Thats prob one of the main reasons they let it take a break this year ... The fairy wings is quite a draw though! haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Only played the Olympia last time they were here so imo they'd only be a support act to another Soni headliner if it were to happen (..probably Queen, if anyone).

Only played the Olympia last time they were here so imo they'd only be a support act to another Soni headliner if it were to happen (..probably Queen, if anyone).

Yea i think them as a "Very Special Guest" with someone like Pearl Jam or Foo Fighters would work

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Radiohead and Tenacious D are doing a tour this year also and I dont think an Irish date has been announced yet

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Radiohead and Tenacious D are doing a tour this year also and I dont think an Irish date has been announced yet

If Tenacious D are doing Reading and Leeds then i could see a show with Foo Fighters over here.

Radiohead have announced 3 dates for a Arena Tour so far

6th Oct – Manchester MEN Arena
    8th Oct - London O2 Arena
    9th Oct – London O2 Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

photo.JPG

saw this on twitter last night for reading/leeds
    looks fairly realistic and has since been takin down
    what a lineup if true!!

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    photo.JPG

what a lineup if true!!

All of those posters have been confirmed to be fake . Plus it wouldnt be in a magazine yet

photo.JPG

what a lineup if true!!

All of those posters have been confirmed to be fake . Plus it wouldnt be in a magazine yet

It was leaked by sum1 on efestivals and takin down within mins. Does coincide with the rumours on efestivals too

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/reading/2012/lineup.shtml

Would b a class lineup if true but prob is a fake

It was leaked by sum1 on efestivals and takin down within mins. Does coincide with the rumours on efestivals too

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/reading/2012/lineup.shtml

Would b a class lineup if true but prob is a fake

Ah yea suppose they are not gonna come out and say "oh crap the line up has been leaked" . Could easily be the real one , i would have thought Black Keys would have done Main Stage and not against FF .

Anyways i have been thinking the fact MCD have being announcing the PP gigs nearly 1 a week in advance(ish) so with R&L announcing next week , wonder would we get a Foo's gig announcement next week since T-Vital is announcing the following week . Unless they wait till after T-Vital

Ah yea suppose they are not gonna come out and say "oh crap the line up has been leaked" . Could easily be the real one , i would have thought Black Keys would have done Main Stage and not against FF .

Anyways i have been thinking the fact MCD have being announcing the PP gigs nearly 1 a week in advance(ish) so with R&L announcing next week , wonder would we get a Foo's gig announcement next week since T-Vital is announcing the following week . Unless they wait till after T-Vital

yea i would hate to have to decide between foos r black keys!!
    really hoping foos come back they were class @ oxegen last year!!

still a lot to be announced, im sure foos, coldplay, kasabian, bloc party, etc will all be announced for sumtin this summer over here (hope so anyway!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 liverpoollfc

Anyone know how Calvin Harris is playing in Phoenix Park on the 7th of July if he is playing in T in the Park the same day??

Advertisement