Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Both times I've been to gigs at Marley Park the entrance in I took was down a narrow tree lined lane way that boxes you in and it takes forever to get along it and into the gig. And a lot of people were hammered. Now if these don't get it in, will they be pushed back along the same route meeting others coming the other way?

No idea, I've never been there. I was referring to the Phoenix Park gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yes at all. I was at the Stone Roses gig, I didn't see one fight, nobody passed out drunk, there was literally no arrests either. You telling me that's just a coincidence?

No I'm not. Yes obviously the people at shm were scum and a hell of a lot more trouble at that one, but the Snow Patrol concert wasn't organised well. Could easily have been a mini Hillsborough at the hole in the wall entrance due to the lack of light, no police presence and the idiotic decision to not allow anyone out the Ashtown exit :confused:

SantryRed wrote: »
    No I'm not. Yes obviously the people at shm were scum and a hell of a lot more trouble at that one, but the Snow Patrol concert wasn't organised well. Could easily have been a mini Hillsborough at the hole in the wall entrance due to the lack of light, no police presence and the idiotic decision to not allow anyone out the Ashtown exit :confused:

Well I can't comment on that as I wasn't there. All I can say is that it wasn't like that for the Roses gig. It was muddy and dark on the way out and the walk was a bit of an ordeal but not at all dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It was muddy and dark on the way out and the walk was a bit of an ordeal but not at all dangerous.
    Just because nothing did happen, doesn't mean there wasn't potential for things to happen due to a lack of lighting and a total lack of a security presence on the exit routes. Sure it's grand, nothing happened, so everything was fine.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Just because nothing did happen, doesn't mean there wasn't potential for things to happen due to a lack of lighting and a total lack of a security presence on the exit routes. Sure it's grand, nothing happened, so everything was fine.

What could have happened? People could have fell in the mud?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

And if it had kicked off, in the dark with no security, how would it have played out?

Macy0161 wrote: »
    And if it had kicked off, in the dark with no security, how would it have played out?

If what had kicked off exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

I am just wondering will Oxygen be on at Phoenix Park next year or will there be a new festival in its place @ Phoenix Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

eldest200 wrote: »
    I am just wondering will Oxygen be on at Phoenix Park next year or will there be a new festival in its place @ Phoenix Park?
    I'd day unless its a old timers folk festival there'll be no gigs in the Phoenix Park for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

up to 4 Phoenix Park shows next year:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/11/12/here-comes-summer-2013/
    So, what can we look forward to in 2013? Well, there will definitely be a return to the Phoenix Park, with MCD looking to put on up to four shows in the park next year for a start. This makes total sense: if you leave aside the events surrounding the Swedish House Mafia show last July, the Park was a hugely successful venture for the promoter with three sold-out shows earning a huge gross and involving a much smaller sets of costs than Oxegen. And lightning can’t strike twice, can it? There will also be shows at Croke Park, Marlay Park, the RDS and the Aviva (Roger Waters isn’t likely to be the only one paying rent to the IRFU and the FAI). Acts we might – and please note I said “might” – possibly see playing in the country next summer include Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen, Rihanna, the Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire (though that’s more likely to be 2014 if the album release is late 2013), Tom Waits and Fleetwood Mac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rumours of Rhianna playing Croke Park next June. I think the rolling stones will play Slanes second date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Where are these Tom Waits rumours coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Hopefully a day of rock for one of the dates. With the likes of Aerosmith, Soundgarden and possibly Black Country Communion on tour. Van Halen too would be really something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

rednik wrote: »
    Hopefully a day of rock for one of the dates. With the likes of Aerosmith, Soundgarden and possibly Black Country Communion on tour. Van Halen too would be really something special.
    Although unwarranted, rock fans get a bad rep so I doubt you'll see a rock gig in Phoenix Park. Next year's gigs will be aimed at an older audience I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Although unwarranted, rock fans get a bad rep so I doubt you'll see a rock gig in Phoenix Park. Next year's gigs will be aimed at an older audience I reckon

I would settle for the 02 for any of these bands, getting a bit old for the outdoors.;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think we have moved up in the world after the SHM gig :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Think we have moved up in the world after the SHM gig :P

Ha ha, yeah we're no longer at the bottom of the undesirables list!

Unfortunately the Joe Duffy listening members of the public still see rock fans as hooligans and troublemakers though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha ha, yeah we're no longer at the bottom of the undesirables list!

Unfortunately the Joe Duffy listening members of the public still see rock fans as hooligans and troublemakers though

Ha yea very sad but true . Is there ever any "big" trouble at big rock gigs?

Advertisement