Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised they have only announced one gig to date, I know it's 6 months off, but they usually like to get these things selling as far in advance as possible to maximise interest etc......

In more ways than one, Maximise interest from fans and if they sell out 45,000 tickets at 70quid a pop 6 months in advance, that's 3.15mill.
    What would the interest be on that kinda sum

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be just happy if we got Foo Fighters , Pearl Jam and Coldplay gigs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

No its not , they will either do Slane , Pheonix Park or Aviva Stadium . No way will they leave Ireland out of the tour

Unlikely to be the Phoenix Park, judging by the fact that they tour the US and Canada between June 22nd and August 11th. They return to Europe on the 28th of August. They play an English tour between May 29th and June 10th. So it will be in the first two weeks of June or else late August, both of which suggest Slane.

Unlikely to be the Phoenix Park, judging by the fact that they tour the US and Canada between June 22nd and August 11th. They return to Europe on the 28th of August. They play an English tour between May 29th and June 10th. So it will be in the first two weeks of June or else late August, both of which suggest Slane.

Yea id say Slane is looking for likely for them at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Id be just happy if we got Foo Fighters , Pearl Jam and Coldplay gigs :D

You will be pleased to hear that Coldplay are in the Aviva this summer then! (one night)

Lady Ga Ga and Madonna are doing 2 nights each also.

• Advertisement

dubscottie wrote: »
    You will be pleased to hear that Coldplay are in the Aviva this summer then! (one night)

Source? I no some hotel had Coldplay on their website few months ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

No Madonna please, she is possibly the most overrated musician to ever get a record deal.

I would be utterly disappointed if she was announced, thankfully I don't think she will as Madonna has only ever played Ireland once in thirty-something years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

karaokeman wrote: »
    No Madonna please, she is possibly the most overrated musician to ever get a record deal.

I would be utterly disappointed if she was announced, thankfully I don't think she will as Madonna has only ever played Ireland once in thirty-something years.

Madonna will definitely play Ireland this/next year with her comeback tour..

Grindylow wrote: »
    Madonna will definitely play Ireland this/next year with her comeback tour..

If she does one thing is for sure, I won't go anywhere near her gig that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

If she does one thing is for sure, I won't go anywhere near her gig that night.

Nor will I, but she has a massive fanbase despite being crap and a bítch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Source? I no some hotel had Coldplay on their website few months ago .

Friend who works there was told at the Leinster v Bath match by his boss that all 3 were confirmed for 2012.

Friend who works there was told at the Leinster v Bath match by his boss that all 3 were confirmed for 2012.

Can't see Coldplay, Foos and Pearl Jam all playing the Aviva, that would be three big acts gone for the Park gigs.

Slane is looking likely for Coldplay at the minute, my guess is that Foos will either play the RDS or the Park. Pearl Jam will hopefully be at the Park if they come here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Can't see Coldplay, Foos and Pearl Jam all playing the Aviva, that would be three big acts gone for the Park gigs.

t270657_implied-facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

BrianD wrote: »
    All Phoenix Park gigs are between July 5 and 17th. No gigs outside of that timeframe.

Apologies - typo there. Should be July 5th and 27th not the 17th.

Slane is looking likely for Coldplay at the minute, my guess is that Foos will either play the RDS or the Park. Pearl Jam will hopefully be at the Park if they come here.

He said Coldplay/Gaga/Madonna would do Aviva not Foos or PJ

Somehow I seriously doubt there will be six of these gigs.

MCD must be living in a dream world to think they will cash in on €63 x 6.

I honestly can't see this being viable in the current economic climate especially because they are waiting so long to announce the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭bren2001

I honestly can't see this being viable in the current economic climate especially because they are waiting so long to announce the lineup.

I feel they could have cashed in on that much money, there was never any person who would go to all 6 gigs. They have left it a bit late imo. I think we all know it will be three gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

How is this any less viable that 6 separate gigs in any other venue at any other time of year? Do you think MCD expect the same people to go to all 6?

Far as im concerned this is a great idea, I hated Oxegen and hated have to pay for it and trudge down there just to see one or two acts. Now I get to pick who I want to see and pay for that/those gigs only.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 drewbedo

phoenixpark.ie has all the plans for the full year that have to be submitted to the park planning authority..
    im very sorry to say only the one day allocated to MCD.. the day for stone roses concert..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

drewbedo wrote: »
    phoenixpark.ie has all the plans for the full year that have to be submitted to the park planning authority..
    im very sorry to say only the one day allocated to MCD.. the day for stone roses concert..

They have all the confirmed concerts/events for the year up there.
    There'll be more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Skepticism

That's like saying a line up of 6 great artists playing The O2 wouldn't sell out because of the climate.

This event is completely unrelated to Oxegen, and you're basing it around the concept of Oxegen for some reason.

6 individual gigs, each appealing to a different segment of the market would have a very high probability of selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The Phoenix Park is not a good venue for small people though. Oxegen and Slane are both on natural amphitheatres so you can always find a spot where you can see the stage. Went to the RHCP in the Park a few years back and couldn't see a thing :(

Just buy some stilts.. then you'll be able to see everything.

American singer Drake, will headline Saturday at this summer's Wireless Festival held in London's Hyde Park.

He will be joined by Example, Wiz Khalifa, and Professor Green.

Cant see him doing Pheonix Park surely not that big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Skepticism

American singer Drake, will headline Saturday at this summer's Wireless Festival held in London's Hyde Park.

He will be joined by Example, Wiz Khalifa, and Professor Green.

Cant see him doing Pheonix Park surely not that big

He's playing the O2.

Skepticism wrote: »
    He's playing the O2.

yea i know thats what i mean

Anyone think they might wait till TITP announce their line up? Since i presume some of the gig will be the same weekend and they will share a few of the acts . Eg they wont want to announce say Pearl Jam playing the friday of that weekend since people will know they will be doing TITP and the buzz will be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Snow Patrol plus Florence and the Machine will play Phoenix Park on Sunday 8 July. Tickets €59.50 go on sale next Friday, 24 February at 08:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Mr.S wrote: »
    Seen that floating around twitter, but do you have a source link? can't find anything on MCD or Ticketmaster or either bands sites.

On ticketmaster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Mr.S wrote: »
    Seen that floating around twitter, but do you have a source link? can't find anything on MCD or Ticketmaster or either bands sites.

TicketMaster Facebook Page :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

That lineup should certainly sell well and at a fair price.

Advertisement