Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Phoenix Park is not a good venue for small people though. Oxegen and Slane are both on natural amphitheatres so you can always find a spot where you can see the stage. Went to the RHCP in the Park a few years back and couldn't see a thing :(

That was in the 12,000 part of the Park, this time gigs will hold 45,000 max so you should be grand if you get a ticket and come early.
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    according to the daily star today rihanna is been tipped for one of these gigs

No surprise there, be surprised if she isn't announced.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe no Lady Gaga?
    Tour dates have emerged online today, possibly those of Lady Gaga's hugely-anticipated 2012 'Born This Way' World tour.

In addition to the tour dates, there are also dates for festival appearances as well as a date for the release of her third studio album. Whether or not the dates have been leaked and are true, or on the other-hand are completely false, remain unconfirmed.

The huge list of dates appeared on www.musictitans.com with a short paragraph about the uncertainty of whether or not the dates are genuine. Check out the dates for yourself HERE. What do we think, true or false?

If these dates have been leaked and are true, Lady Gaga's world tour may not reach European cities until mid-2013. With dates scheduled for shows across North America, South America, Australia and the Far East for 2012 and 2013, according to the list, Lady Gaga's Born This Way world tour would hit mainland Europe in Summer 2013, with UK dates scheduled for Autumn 2013.

In addition to live dates, again, according to the list, Lady Gaga is to release her third studio album on September 24th 2012. Whether or not this is true is another mystery as having recently spoken to The Insider, Gaga said: “I just want to keep going. I'm not as goal obsessed as I am process obsessed. I just want to keep writing music. I'm looking forward to putting out another album and going on tour. I feel very blessed to be an artist who gets to make a living doing from what I love.”

Gaga has showed no signs of slowing down – but did mention that she would eventually like to settle down with children, telling Insider: “Someday - long, long day from now. My next baby will be my new record.”

Maybe no Lady Gaga?

Ah wasn't really that bothered about seeing her anyway.

Maybe she will play Croke Park next year seen as how these rumours are still circulating.

I hope if there is a pop day we will still get The Killers.

Also if the rumours are true about no Gaga it does mean 1 less possible pop act . I think if there is no Slane next year the gigs will be something like that

Rihanna
    Coldplay
    The Killers
    Foo Fighters
    Pearl Jam
    Stone Roses

Maybe Snow Patrol subbing Coldplay or Killers and then headline T-Vital with either Kasabian or Stone Roses . Kinda like when Script subbed BEP last year at Oxegen but then headlined T-Vital

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

Pearl Jam
    Soundgarden
    Alice in Chains
    Kerbdog:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Any chance Jay-Z and Kanye West could be one of the shows with their Watch the Throne tour? It's gone down an absolute storm in the US and they have been rumoured to be bringing it this side of the atlantic for the summer festival season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Any chance Jay-Z and Kanye West could be one of the shows with their Watch the Throne tour? It's gone down an absolute storm in the US and they have been rumoured to be bringing it this side of the atlantic for the summer festival season.

Surely that would be more of an indoor affair though? Can't imagine an outdoor rap show being that great.

kwestfan08 wrote: »

I hope not.

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Surely that would be more of an indoor affair though? Can't imagine an outdoor rap show being that great.

Ah i could see them wanting to outdoor shows since it will be during the summer . Must say Jay-Z at Oxegen was great he knows how to put on a show but i cant stand Kanye West.

Weirdly enough just as i was typing that this song came on MTV Rocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Linkin Park will be touring a new album this summer. And they did skip us last time . . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I'm hearing that suppliers are booked in for 4 nights in a row starting with the Stone Roses. I guess that the T in The Park headliners will make up the other shows. This still leaves a further potential for 3 more shows in the Phoenix Park before July 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Linkin Park will be touring a new album this summer. And they did skip us last time . . . . .

Hopefully they'll skip us this time too!!?/ :D

Same I can't see Linkin Park playing again.

If they did I think I'd only be interested if they just played all their old stuff, which I know isn't going to happen.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Same I can't see Linkin Park playing again.

If they did I think I'd only be interested if they just played all their old stuff, which I know isn't going to happen.

Yea the last time they played they didnt sell out the RDS with QOTSA supporting them . Personally i think they have gone to the dogs and with rumours saying Chester doesnt scream live anymore (most of it is pre-recorded)

Apparently Blur are set to headline Hyde Park again this year , maybe they could pop over here and do Pheonix Park

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Muse would be INCREDIBLE

Muse would be INCREDIBLE

True that but we would be lucky to get them IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Looks like The Cure are doing the festival circuit this year too, 3 eu festivals announced late June.

Would they sell out 45,000 tickets? Personally they would be a perfect Electric Picnic or since they seem to be on tour early in the summer maybe Forbidden Fruit might get them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

nm wrote: »
    Looks like The Cure are doing the festival circuit this year too, 3 eu festivals announced late June.

they have an irish date but EP is looking like what it'll be. Would prefer Park gig for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

lordgoat wrote: »
    [The Cure] have an irish date but EP is looking like what it'll be. Would prefer Park gig for them.

Awesome! :)
    What's your source for that?

EDIT:
    Found your source
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76566922&postcount=148

I hope it's gonna be at Phoenix Park, but either way I'll definitely go, hee hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pat9212

well coldplay are on tour in the usa and Canada so it highly unlighly they will play the phenix park
    they were amazing last year at oxegen

pat9212 wrote: »
    well coldplay are on tour in the usa and Canada so it highly unlighly they will play the phenix park
    they were amazing last year at oxegen

No its not , they will either do Slane , Pheonix Park or Aviva Stadium . No way will they leave Ireland out of the tour

The Prodigy would be incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

Last night in the O2 Snow patrol announced that they would be back soon for a secret gig....either the park or support to coldplay in Slane I reckon but he wouldn't say

argentum wrote: »
    Last night in the O2 Snow patrol announced that they would be back soon for a secret gig....either the park or support to coldplay in Slane I reckon but he wouldn't say

Hardly! A secret gig would surely mean a tiny venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭bren2001

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Hardly! A secret gig would surely mean a tiny venue?

I am assuming it is a gig that is a secret at the moment i.e. they are contractually not allowed to say it. Id be surprised if they dont make an appearance at Slane, Aviva or Phoenix Park. Maybe (hopefully) not as head liners but I would not be shocked if they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

All Phoenix Park gigs are between July 5 and 17th. No gigs outside of that timeframe. As the promoters agree dates well in advance they would have boxed that off if there was something in August etc. By all accounts there's gigs 5-8th July inclusive which leads another 3 dates. Possibly something at the end of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

BrianD wrote: »
    All Phoenix Park gigs are between July 5 and 17th. No gigs outside of that timeframe. As the promoters agree dates well in advance they would have boxed that off if there was something in August etc. By all accounts there's gigs 5-8th July inclusive which leads another 3 dates. Possibly something at the end of the month?

I'm a bit surprised they have only announced one gig to date, I know it's 6 months off, but they usually like to get these things selling as far in advance as possible to maximise interest etc......

• Advertisement

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised they have only announced one gig to date, I know it's 6 months off, but they usually like to get these things selling as far in advance as possible to maximise interest etc......

Maybe there will be some huge announcement in February.

So far T In The Park have only announced the Stone Roses.

But I agree business-wise it would have been better to announce by now.

Advertisement