Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OMG LADIES BEWARE.

<snip> PUT IN PIPS. i am horrified, i rang them they said they never used them but after i kept annoying them they admittied the surgeon did but not in their clinic. i feel sick as i would have gone to see him and he had put them in- part of the problem. help. dont know who to go to to get mine out? im not going back to <snip> as they put them in, <snip> used them, <snip> used them, PLEASE HELP im very worried.

Who can we trust? anyone who has had a re do with a GOOD clinic please tell me.

Hi All,
    I just spoke to Avril in Lavelle Coleman. She is a lovely lady and I would recommend if you want representation to call her. I will have my MRI done next week, but I wanted to know my options beforehand.
    In the meantime Lavelle Coleman are requesting my files from <snip>.

BTW like others I have had trouble on one side, but no rippling, just pain and discomfort. I had my operation in 2006 and I went back for a check up about a year later because the pain in that one hadn't subsided. The surgeon told me it was because I was thin and that there was nothing wrong. So like others I've just put up with it. It's my left side, so hopefully when I get the scan done, there won't be problems on this side...

Thank you for this i am calling first thing in morning!!They deserve everyone to go legal. Are you getting them out?Mine not ruptured either but im too scared to leave them in.

saulite wrote: »
    I am just after my ultrascan and they found the liquid in my left breast .
    I can't stop crying ... I have appointment tom with <snip> , I hope I can remove them soon ..

Good luck- im in having op later in week, Might see you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

I can't stop crying ... I have appointment tom with <snip> , I hope I can remove them soon ..

your poor thing saulite, stay strong. It's so wrong that you or any of us have this happen to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Poppygal

So so sorry to hear your bad news Saulite, what a nightmare for you! Good luck with your appointment tomorrow and i'll keep everything crossed they can get you in ASAP to get you fixed up. Stay strong x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Marguerite1

Thank you for this i am calling first thing in morning!!They deserve everyone to go legal. Are you getting them out?Mine not ruptured either but im too scared to leave them in.

Thanks for your message. I don't know what i'm doing as yet. I'll have my scan next week and take it from there. But exactly like you (and others), even if there is no rupture, I don't think I can leave them in knowing what I now know. I'll update the forum late next week with my results and any update with Avril.

Sorry to Saliute for your awful news. Take care. My thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

Good luck- im in having op later in week, Might see you there!
    U poor thing what are they goinf to do for u?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

jeano8 wrote: »

I am meeting surgeon tom in <snip>.
    She told me that in my case they are taking them out for free and as much as I remember she said some english company are sponsoring implants for all woman who are having ruptures .. I was so in shock after the scan that half of what she said I forgot .
    She also said that operation normally cost around 3000 and that they are having a meeting about PIP case tom about the prices ...
    I will let you know tom ..
    And thanks to everyone for supportive msg's !!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

I am meeting surgeon tom in <snip> .
    She told me that in my case they are taking them out for free and as much as I remember she said some english company are sponsoring implants for all woman who are having ruptures .. I was so in shock after the scan that half of what she said I forgot .
    She also said that operation normally cost around 3000 and that they are having a meeting about PIP case tom about the prices ...
    Well thats really good and try to stay positive hopefully ur nitemare will b over soon keep us posted on how u get on and best of luck i will b thinkin of u :-)

Well thats really good and try to stay positive hopefully ur nitemare will b over soon keep us posted on how u get on and best of luck i will b thinkin of u :-)

Did <snip> do them for u in the 1st place ? how are they replacing them for free ? im confused

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lora villa

I am meeting surgeon tom in <snip> .

Wish you all the best love. It sounds interesting please let us know as I am based in dublin, I am also a PIP victim from bloody <snip> which has abandoned us completely and I cant wait to have these toxic things out of my body. This <snip>, are they based in <snip> or <snip>? Do you know what prices they have at the moment for just removal? I dont want replacement, I dont trust any of this **** any more. BTW did you hear of <snip> for MRI scans, ultrsounds etc? If you book it online is cheaper and there is not such a waiting list. But I wonder if they are trustworthy... I see that evrybody is going to <snip> and <snip>.

Best of luck to all of you girls! great to have this board for a bit of support!!

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Hi Chip, yes I do have PIP's and had them done in <snip>. Mine are not ruptured, and my ultrasound came back as being fine, but like everyone else out there, am not happy about having them in my body given all the reports in the media and certainly not happy after seeing that programme on UTV / ITV last week. How did you get on in <snip>? Did you have your ultrasound yet?

Hi Pixiejane,

Am dekighted your clear of ruotures (god it sounds terrible), My scan Friday, but am mixed as to how i feel.
    i rang <snip> today with a view to getting them replaced either way. Is it true its €1800? or is that to just remove them? didnt get to speak to anyone but will phone again tomoro.
    Did speak to Avril in Lavell and Coleman. Really nice, and would strongly recommend any one of you speak to her.
    Keep you posted on progress,

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SHELLBABE10

Hi Girls,

Just wondering were are lavell and coleman solicitors based? Im having my scan in the beacon next thursday so waiting to see how i get on there first and im also waiting to get my copy of my charts from <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

Did cosmetico do them for u in the 1st place ? how are they replacing them for free ? im confused

I had them done with <snip>. I will know all tom what <snip> is offering. I was too confused after bad news,sorry if I sound all over the place ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roadtripper

Hi all, I too have PIP implants since 2001. I'm glad we all have a forum where we can swap stories and offer some support to each other. I had mine done in <snip> by <snip>.
    Has anyone who has had their MRI scan had it paid for by the implanting clinic? I have been refered for one by the surgeon in <snip> after a consultation on Friday, but they say they are not paying for it. I got a quote of between e350 ans e415 from <snip> for the MRI. I rang the VHI and they wont cover it. I rang the HSE and the IMB and both also stepped back from resposibility. <snip> told me they dont provide this type of MRI, so now i guess Im stuck with a large bill that the <snip> are responsible for.
    I contacted McCarthy Solicitors today and left my name and no, hopefully I will get to chat to them tomorrow.
    I want my implants out, regardless of weather there is a rupture or not(although i think there is) and I am not willing to pay for it. I dont want them replaced. I would also not be too happy to have <snip> do the proceedure, would prefer to go with another clinic, although I cant see <snip> paying another private clinic to rectify their mistake.

I hope everyone gets the care and treatment they deserve, its upsetting and worrying, and the sooner these clinics take responsibility the sooner we can put our minds at ease:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 coh123

hi girls today i recieved the letter stating i may have the pip implants i really dont know where to go from here reading the threads have helped me I had mine done with <snip>. If anyone can give me some advice on the first steps to take I would be so grateful. I really cant get my head straight to know where to start...
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roadtripper

coh123 wrote: »
    hi girls today i recieved the letter stating i may have the pip implants i really dont know where to go from here reading the threads have helped me I had mine done with <snip>. If anyone can give me some advice on the first steps to take I would be so grateful. I really cant get my head straight to know where to start...
    thanks

Hi Coh123, ring <snip> tomorrow and book in to see the surgeon. Ask them to have your medical records ready for you to take with you. The surgeon will examine you and try and tell you that youve nothing to worry about bla bla bla-they'll try and fob you off, insist on an Ultrasound and an MRI, they will give you a referal letter(and they will refuse to cover the cost). No harm in contacting a solicitor, i called McCarthys in Cork, but I think there is a Dublin solicitors taking peoples cases too. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 francie08

Hi Nettie08
    I too read that release from the IMB dating back almost 2 years ago. To top it all, when i entered my batch number into google, low and behold it is one of the batches that were recalled and yet <snip> never contacted me. I cannot tell you how angry and upset i am over this - but i am sure you have a good idea. It is interesting what you say about the other two cosmetic surgery clinics. However, i am not going down the line of having replacements - i just want them out and quick. I have a young family too and i cannot allow this to cause any more distress and upset to our family life, I cannot live with a ticking time bomb in my body. Jesus, i just feel so cheated and deceived about the whole thing.
    I spoke with Avril in Lavelle Coleman this afternoon and her advice is to know what you want before you go in to your consultation. If you want them removed and they offer to do that then there is no need for legal proceedings. However, if you dont get what you want from your meeting then that is a different story.
    Good luck on wednesday - looks like we will all be in one after the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 erikalsb

Thanks Marguerite

I got in <snip>......I will try <snip> tomorrow.........actually in shock how difficult it is to get through to anyone and no one to even answer questions. I got throught to <snip> today and the girl spoke to me so unprofessionally.........she obviously didnt know anything but it scared me that we are just left in the dark............as time goes by I getting more and more stressed out...........

Sorry it this sounds stupid my head is all over the place.

I got my surgery in the <snip> in <snip>, I had my operation in <snip>.
    I ve seen you all write about <snip> and and the <snip>. My question is are <snip> and <snip> the same company?
    If so how did you contact them? I can;t get any answer from <snip>?

Have my scan tomorrow, feel sick even thinking about it, think I'm just over tired from it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Poppygal

kyra123 wrote: »

I got my surgery in the <snip>, I had my operation in <snip>r.
    I ve seen you all write about <snip> and <snip>. My question is are <snip> and <snip> the same company?
    If so how did you contact them? I can;t get any answer from <snip>?

Have my scan tomorrow, feel sick even thinking about it, think I'm just over tired from it all.

How have these people not set up a dedicated help line!!! You have probably alreay seen this page but just in case you haven't here is the link http://www.harleymedical.ie/breast-enlargement-pip-implant-patient-advice/ Hope it helps and really hope your scan goes ok tomorrow!
    By the way, I don't think <snip> and <snip> are the same company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Marguerite1

I got my surgery in the <snip>, I had my operation in <snip>.
    I ve seen you all write about <snip> and <snip>. My question is are <snip> and <snip> the same company?
    If so how did you contact them? I can;t get any answer from <snip>?.

Hi Kyra123,

I went directly to <snip>. I never even realised that <snip> did operations for <snip> until I saw some of the ladies posting this.

Going directly to <snip> for me means that they have arranged and are paying for the MRI scan in <snip>. If ruptured they will replace for free. But if not ruptured and I want them replaced they will do it, but charge me €1,800. I do not think I should have to pay at all. But i need to wait until after my scan.

My understanding is that <snip> are not doing anything in relation to paying for an MRI for their patients. It's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

A money making racket indeed it sounds like. <snip> should be trying to help people, and hello not trying to make more money out of vulnerable victims like us. We shouldn't have to pay for removal/replacement, our clinics should be doing this, but the whole situation has us all just panicking. I do want them out myself but don't have the funds, if I did, I think I would be getting them out and certainly keeping any receipts to claim at a later date.
    Absolutely disgusted to hear that <snip>, the <snip> (<snip> purchased <snip> by the way last July 2011) and the implanting surgeon who actually used the PIP implants in 200 <snip> patients (me being one of them) wants to charge for a consultation! Makes me sick........Ok so <snip> aren't using and have never used the PIPS. They're using a product called Eurosilicone, another French manufacturer!?

lillzo wrote: »
    hi girls

i have rippling in both my implants and one feels a little harder than the other, i dont have pip and have been told that this can happen so hopefully this might reasure some women that are worried about rupture.

Lillzo, that's reassuring to know, thanks for sharing.

Ladies, we all should register with Lavelle Coleman. They've at least 40 ladies to represent at the moment. I spoke yesterday with Avril Scally and she was very informative and is willing to help us all. For those of you still having difficulty obtaining medical records, get on to her and she will request them for you.

Lavelle Coleman Solicitors
    20 On Hatch,
    Lower Hatch Street,
    Dublin 2,
    Ireland.

T: +353 1 6445800
    F: +353 1 6614581
    E: law@lavellecoleman.ie

I've registered with them, so the more clients she has the better the chance we all have. None of us have compensation as our number one priority right now, all we want is our health and our future health back so we can all get back to life.

Hi Kyra123,

I went directly to <snip>. I never even realised that <snip> did operations for <snip> until I saw some of the ladies posting this.

Going directly to <snip> for me means that they have arranged and are paying for the MRI scan in <snip>. If ruptured they will replace for free. But if not ruptured and I want them replaced they will do it, but charge me €1,800. I do not think I should have to pay at all. But i need to wait until after my scan.

My understanding is that <snip> are not doing anything in relation to paying for an MRI for their patients. It's disgusting.

Hi Marguerite, looks like <snip> were busy busy over the years. I think I read that it's €1800 that <snip> are offering non rupture patients to have them removed only? I read it on Lavelle Colemans website, so did you contact <snip> then yourself for this price. <snip> obviously has no remorse or morals, wanting to charge vulnerable women yet again who are in constant panic about this situation. It's sickening so it is. When did you have your original procedure in <snip>?

I had them done with <snip>. I will know all tom what <snip> is offering. I was too confused after bad news,sorry if I sound all over the place ...

Hi Saulite, I'm so sorry you got bad news.....but look at least by this time next week you'll be at home and feeling a hell of a lot better. Hope your consultation goes well today in <snip>, and talk them down in price if you can. Two of my friends have had breast augmentation done by them in the last year and were happy with the treatment they received there. Am not sure though what brand of implant they use, I know it's certainly not PIP anyway, so make sure and ask all the questions about new ones, good luck.

Hi Kyra123,

Going directly to <snip> for me means that they have arranged and are paying for the MRI scan in the <snip>. If ruptured they will replace for free. But if not ruptured and I want them replaced they will do it, but charge me €1,800. I do not think I should have to pay at all. But i need to wait until after my scan.

<snip> are unreal. sorry was just unsure. Am panic a I went with the <snip> so I'm screwed. Does anyone know what <snip> are doing for patients can t get any answer from them at all! If you have a rupture are they removing and replacing for free?

Hi all, I too have PIP implants since 2001. I'm glad we all have a forum where we can swap stories and offer some support to each other. I had mine done in <snip>
    Has anyone who has had their MRI scan had it paid for by the implanting clinic? I have been refered for one by the surgeon in <snip> after a consultation on Friday, but they say they are not paying for it. I got a quote of between e350 ans e415 from <snip> for the MRI. I rang the VHI and they wont cover it. I rang the HSE and the IMB and both also stepped back from resposibility. <snip> told me they dont provide this type of MRI, so now i guess Im stuck with a large bill that <snip> are responsible for.
    I contacted McCarthy Solicitors today and left my name and no, hopefully I will get to chat to them tomorrow.
    I want my implants out, regardless of weather there is a rupture or not(although i think there is) and I am not willing to pay for it. I dont want them replaced. I would also not be too happy to have <snip> do the proceedure, would prefer to go with another clinic, although I cant see <snip> paying another private clinic to rectify their mistake.

I hope everyone gets the care and treatment they deserve, its upsetting and worrying, and the sooner these clinics take responsibility the sooner we can put our minds at ease:)

Hey there, sorry to have to fork out for your ultrasound, it's so wrong the way <snip> are treating their patients. I attended <snip> and they paid for my ultrasound. But look keep all receipts and paperwork for down the line. You're doing the right thing so far, and good that you've contacted a solicitor about it as well. Totally agree with you.

• Advertisement

<snip> are unreal. sorry was just unsure. Am panic a I went with the <snip> so I'm screwed. Does anyone know what <snip> are doing for patients can t get any answer from them at all! If you have a rupture are they removing and replacing for free?

Hi Kyra, from reading through the posts, it seems that's it's impossible to get through to <snip>, maybe check their website although I'm sure you've already done this. They're not removing/replacing for free unfortunately. Have you been in touch with anyone yet or seen your GP or surgeon? I'm online at the moment so will answer you back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement