Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Marguerite1

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Hi Marguerite, looks like <snip> were busy busy over the years. I think I read that it's €1800 that <snip> are offering non rupture patients to have them removed only? I read it on Lavelle Colemans website, so did you contact <snip> then yourself for this price. <snip> obviously has no remorse or morals, wanting to charge vulnerable women yet again who are in constant panic about this situation. It's sickening so it is. When did you have your original procedure in <snip>?

Hi Pixiejane,
    I had my original op in 2006 in <snip>. Yes that's right... I did not get any option for a price on replacement from <snip>, I just read that information on this website. I am not going to tackle them on a price until I have my MRI done late next week. In the meantime I have given my name to Avril in Lavelle Coleman.
    This is a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

:mad:

Just finally got through to the phone number for <snip>
    from the letter I got.

If you have a rupture they are charging for the implant to be REMOVED

I can't believe it I am after eating the girl down the phone. How can they do this, they are the only clinic that are now offering free removal of ruptured implants!
    Anyone got any advice if I do find a rupture tommorrow is there any clinic out there that will help?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Hi Pixiejane,
    I had my original op in 2006 in <snip>. Yes that's right... I did not get any option for a price on replacement from <snip>, I just read that information on this website. I am not going to tackle them on a price until I have my MRI done late next week. In the meantime I have given my name to Avril in Lavelle Coleman.
    This is a nightmare.

Oh I know how you feel, nightmare is right. They should be so ashamed of themselves. Well keep us updated on your scan. The surgeon can usually tell from examination if there's a rupture or not, so hopefully you will be ok, but again know how you feel in wanting them out. We should definitely not have to pay for it though, so wrong and unfair. Glad you registered with Lavelle Coleman as well, they'll put us on the right track please God. I'm waiting on a reply from <snip> as I sent them a letter telling them how I'm still not happy (even though I've no ruptures) and how the only option I can see for myself is removal/replacement. So will keep you posted on this. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

kyra123 wrote: »

from the letter I got.

I can't believe it I am after eating the girl down the phone. How can they do this, they are the only clinic that are now offering free removal of ruptured implants!
    Anyone got any advice if I do find a rupture tommorrow is there any clinic out there that will help?

I was suggested <snip> .I have appointment with them today ,will let you know later , but as much as I remember they will cost around 3000 .

from the letter I got.

Glad you got through Kyra. Charging for removal, yes that sounds right coming from Harley. Sure they haven't screwed people enough? Shameful. From past comments, it seems one or two girls going to <snip> for removal/replacement work roughly at a cost of €3000 - €3500:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Marguerite1

Oh I know how you feel, nightmare is right. They should be so ashamed of themselves. Well keep us updated on your scan. The surgeon can usually tell from examination if there's a rupture or not, so hopefully you will be ok, but again know how you feel in wanting them out. We should definitely not have to pay for it though, so wrong and unfair. Glad you registered with Lavelle Coleman as well, they'll put us on the right track please God. I'm waiting on a reply from <snip> as I sent them a letter telling them how I'm still not happy (even though I've no ruptures) and how the only option I can see for myself is removal/replacement. So will keep you posted on this. ;)

Hi Pixiejane,
    Oh please do keep me informed, and I will do the same. I feel they could offer something different to different people depending on how strongly those people object. In other words I don't trust them to treat us all the same way. I want them out, but I do not think I should have to pay again.

Hi Pixiejane,
    Oh please do keep me informed, and I will do the same. I feel they could offer something different to different people depending on how strongly those people object. In other words I don't trust them to treat us all the same way. I want them out, but I do not think I should have to pay again.

I certainly will. At the end of the day, a defective product was used, a product that was never meant to be used in the human body, a product that was CE approved by a German company, and again by our own IMB, and news came to light there maybe over 2 weeks ago, that surgeons in the UK and indeed worldwide were made aware of potential problems with PIPs back in 2005 or thereabouts, so why did they choose to ignore this? and why were we as potential patients back then not informed of it? There's medical negligence on both their parts. Hospitals and surgeons both have insurance and public liability so I really don't know why they can't just stand up put their hands up and admit they were wrong in what they've done, and correct the problem. Isn't that what you pay insurance for? :mad: We should not be footing any bills whatsoever. Sorry for the ranting, but off now to work out this frustration, will check back in later. Stay positive out there people.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

Hi Pixiejane,
    Hi everyonr just to let u all know i did an interview with the irish independant and it in there today so hav a look if u can they are also looking for me to do an interview in radio bit nervous dont know what to do im also a victim of <snip>!!!!!

jeano8 wrote: »
    Hi everyonr just to let u all know i did an interview with the irish independant and it in there today so hav a look if u can they are also looking for me to do an interview in radio bit nervous dont know what to do im also a victim of <snip>!!!!!

Well done you Jean, Will get a copy later, will try to look online. Who are you doing the radio interview with? Will listen out for you. Well done you taking a stand. I'm a wimp I've always been really private about my surgery and wanted to stay that way but it seem keeping quite is giving these clinic more of a chance to hide. Can't believe <snip> am still ranting here about them.

Well done you Jean, Will get a copy later, will try to look online. Who are you doing the radio interview with? Will listen out for you. Well done you taking a stand. I'm a wimp I've always been really private about my surgery and wanted to stay that way but it seem keeping quite is giving these clinic more of a chance to hide. Can't believe <snip> am still ranting here about them.

Thanks kyra i also wanted to be discreet about my choice ti hav this done and im actually annoyed that i had to do an interview but i will not let <snip> away with the way they are treating us all i had an email frim the girl who did the intetview with me about tv and radio i dont know yet wat to do il hav to think about it maybe it might make the <snip> listen to us now!

• Advertisement

Glad you got through Kyra. Charging for removal, yes that sounds right coming from Harley. Sure they haven't screwed people enough? Shameful. From past comments, it seems one or two girls going to <snip> for removal/replacement work roughly at a cost of €3000 - €3500:(

your so right pixiejane screwing people. Thanks for the the prices am not working at the moment and family is just getting by so don't have that sort of money at all. God this is a nightmare, Going to see avril in Lavelle and coleman on friday hoping she can give me some help with getting these toxic implants out of me.

Hi Girls,

Just got a call back from the PIP team. I asked why I have had no contact from them in relation to my PIP. Also asked why we would be charged for removal of PIP's. I was passed on to another lady who I asked why were Irish patients not being contacted and why were we not offered PIP removal as english patients are? She told me that the directive in Irish is from the Dept. of Health and they have not deemed the implants unsafe. I asked her so is it the position of <snip> that they are being held accountable in England therefore they will help english patients but in Irish nothing is being done so therefore they will charge Irish patients? (felt sorry for the girls on the phone they are just doing their job but so sick of getting no answers)

She told me I could write a formal complaint to the Head office,
    the address is PIP inquiries, 11 Queenanne Street, London, W1G 9L J.

Will be printing out all my complaints and sending them tonight!

Thanks kyra i also wanted to be discreet about my choice ti hav this done and im actually annoyed that i had to do an interview but i will not let the <snip> away withthe way they are treating us all i had an email frim the girl who did theintetview withme about tv and radio i dont know yet wat to do il hav to think about it maybe it might make the <snip> listen to us now!

Well done Jean, yes maybe they'll listen to us all now regardless of where we had the surgery done. All the offending clinics should not be allowed get away with this. The majority of us don't have the funds for removal/replacement, and all we want is to have this problem corrected. Keep us posted with your tv/radio events, and I'm sure if people could be there to support you, they would. I will turn up if I can for moral support, so don't be afraid to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 neadybaby

Hi, I also had implants done through <snip> in 2009 - I finally got an appointment for the 16th of Feb (I had the operation done in Cork - hospital closed down now) - has anyone heard anymore info about what is being done?? I'm worried that I have PPI and want to be aware of what I should say to surgeon on the 16th - any ideas???
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

Hi , I'm just after <snip> appointment ! I am having an operation this wknd , as I have some fluid in my left breast I don't want to wait any longer ! The price is 3500 .Thank God I have some good friends around and they lend me money ...
    The implants they using are Allergan and Nagor ! She insured me that their clinic never used PIP implants .. I am so excausted and discusted I want this nightmare to be over !!! Please God girls you get some help soon !!! I will say a prayer !

saulite wrote: »
    Hi , I'm just after <snip> appointment ! I am having an operation this wknd , as I have some fluid in my left breast I don't want to wait any longer ! The price is 3500 .Thank God I have some good friends around and they lend me money ...
    The implants they using are Allergan and Nagor ! She insured me that their clinic never used PIP implants .. I am so excausted and discusted I want this nightmare to be over !!! Please God girls you get some help soon !!! I will say a prayer !

Oh Saulite, I really feel so sorry for you. I am so happy you are able to get sorted though, just keep your energy for yourself for the weekend after that you can deal with anything else. I'll be lightening a candle for you. Stay strong . So So So wrong what is happening to you. Make sure your friends take care of you this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lillzo

good luck this weekend, just keep thinking this day next week ur nightmare will be over. take care

lillzo wrote: »

good luck this weekend, just keep thinking this day next week ur nightmare will be over. take care
    I am absolutely fuming was told i would find out yesterday whether i hav the pip implants now they say another week and a half so incompetent but also found out that if there is a rupture <snip> will take out and replace free of charge so if anyone has a rupture and is with <snip> contact them today and get what u are entitled to !

neadybaby wrote: »
    Hi, I also had implants done through <snip> in 2009 - I finally got an appointment for the 16th of Feb (I had the operation done in <snip> closed down now) - has anyone heard anymore info about what is being done?? I'm worried that I have PPI and want to be aware of what I should say to surgeon on the 16th - any ideas???
    Thanks

fist off u need to find out if u have pip contact the clinic and request ur medical files. if u have pip ask for a scan to rule out rupture. dont know what <snip> are offering for paients with regard to replacement etc. vist with ur gp while ur waiting for ur appointment he/she might be able to help u . hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Poppygal

I have just come accross an article written by a surgeon 2008 and discussing ruptures and different brands of implants. I am horrified to see so many implant brands listed as the considered cheaper option: Quote: "the Sebbin, Eurosilicone , Allergan CUI, Nagor and PIP implants are some of the cheapest type of implants you can get for a breast enlargement."

I have eurosilicone, from<snip> :( And am worried now as they don't use these anymore...why I wonder!!! None of the above are FDA approved

Further down the page he advises to look for FDA approved implants (Mentor or Allergan McGhan), just because they have been tested in more controlled studies and they come with a much better guarantee from the manufacturer.

The link for the article if anyone is interested: Wortha read and look around at some other articles there, especially if getting PIPs replaced http://harleystreetsecrets.com/ws/2008/12/06/ruptured-breast-implants/

• Advertisement

I am absolutely fuming was told i would find out yesterday whether i hav the pip implants now they say another week and a half so incompetent but also found out that if there is a rupture <snip> will take out and replace free of charge so if anyone has a rupture and is with <snip> contact them today and get what u are entitled to ![/Quote

<snip> finally starting to bend under pressure thats great news for all the <snip> paients on here im delighted for u all. its really terrible that they are still leaving u in limbo jean08. contact imb and ask for implant suppliers no if u ring them they might be able to tell u over the phone. thats how i found out i have eurosilicone not pip they have a database with everyones details serial nos etc.

<snip>
    Thanx for tjat info will do first thing tomorrow mornin

<snip>
    Thanx for tjat info will do first thing tomorrow mornin

ur welcome hope u get some answers. well done on the interview today.

<snip>

ur welcome hope u get some answers. well done on the interview today.
    Thank you hope it brings awareness to the subject and also helps some other women so tired of all this now iv really just had enough:-(

Thank you hope it brings awareness to the subject and also helps some other women so tired of all this now iv really just had enough:-(

Hi Jean08,

Thanks for info I was on to the head office in London for the <snip> at 2pm and the women told me they will charge for taking out ruptured implants. Were on to an office in Dublin? Any info would be great have a scan tommorrow and am just trying to keep calm in case there is a rupture

They said that it was released today that <snip> will pay to remove and replace implants if there is a rupture the girl from the english clunic told me and said it was available to irish patients from today the woman i spoke to in <snip> i didnt ask her becaus i was so angry that they are fobbing me off yet again another week and a half before i find out if i havpips! Who did u havur surgery with and have u got confirmation that u hav the pips? And if so how did u find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 neadybaby

Has anyone had an appointment with <snip>? I had surgery done in <snip> (since closed down) have appointment with <snip> on the 16th of Feb - has anyone had PIP done with these? want to have a clue on what to say when I go in - going to contact that solicitor tmrw morning. Can believe this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

A money making racket indeed it sounds like. <snip> should be trying to help people, and hello not trying to make more money out of vulnerable victims like us. We shouldn't have to pay for removal/replacement, our clinics should be doing this, but the whole situation has us all just panicking. I do want them out myself but don't have the funds, if I did, I think I would be getting them out and certainly keeping any receipts to claim at a later date.
    Absolutely disgusted to hear that <snip> and the implanting surgeon who actually used the PIP implants in 200 <snip> patients (me being one of them) wants to charge for a consultation! Makes me sick........Ok so <snip> aren't using and have never used the PIPS. They're using a product called Eurosilicone, another French manufacturer!?

Hi Pixiejane,

I rang <snip> today. I have an appointment next week after a scan , to discuss removal/replacement.
    Now . im afraid. Is there any safe implant ? or are we now scarred too? At least <snip> are
    providing some bit of support and solutions.. What will you do. do u think?

They said that it was released today that hmg will pay to remove and replace implants if there is a rupture the girl from the english clunic told me and said it was available to irish patients from today the woman i spoke to in the dublin clinic i didnt ask her becaus i was so angry that they are fobbing me off yet again another week and a half before i find out if i havpips! Who did u havur surgery with and have u got confirmation that u hav the pips? And if so how did u find out?

Thanks Jean <snip>, I was in<snip>. God I hope to god the women I spoke with just did nt have her facts right. They are unreal ruptured or not they should be removed and replaced (if wanted) for all of us, I hope nobody goes with them again for surgery in this country after what they have put us all through. Worse for them is I always found them brill before this and would have happily recommended them to others

I found out through an e mail and then a letter for them. I ve asked for full conformation and my medical files countless times. I rang the mailed the english number for a call back and the girl told me if i got a letter saying 'likely' then I have them as that is the implant that was being used in the clinic at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Pixiejane,
    I had my original op in 2006 in <snip> with <snip>. Yes that's right... I did not get any option for a price on replacement from <snip>, I just read that information on this website. I am not going to tackle them on a price until I have my MRI done late next week. In the meantime I have given my name to Avril in Lavelle Coleman.
    This is a nightmare.

Hi Girls, (Pixiejane/Maurgerite1

As the three of us appear to have got OPs in <snip>, heres the deal:

1 Free Scan,
    2 If Rptured, Free removal/Replacement
    3 Removal Only €1300
    4 Removal and Replacement €1800

I rang today and following results, scheduled OP should take place within 2 weeks..
    At least there appears to be a plan!!
    What ye think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement