Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

021tanya wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    Just to let you know Marguerite that I got a phone call last night from the director of nursing to tell the implant I had in 2007 was not a PIP, possibly I was lucky that my surgery wasn't a straight forward breast enlargement, it was corrective surgery and a different type was used. I have to admit I am most relieved but I will do anything I can to support your cause ladies, stay strong :)

Ya am also delighted 4 u. :):)
    Thats great news :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Jean I've just joined Boards.ie today because I'm totally confused about what to do on this matter. I was in <snip> for a check up today because I have the PIP implants (from 2006). I am being sent to the <snip> for a scan to ensure that there is no rupture. The surgeon believes that my implants are intact from his brief examination, but the scan will confirm either way. I assume I will have the scan within the coming week or so.

If the implants have ruptured at all, they will be removed and replaced by <snip> for free. However, I should have asked if they can be removed and replaced because of the issues that have come to light.

The surgeon also told me that, if there is no rupture I should leave them in place and that I should plan to have them replaced in 2016 either way. However, I do see from other websites that implants should come with a lifetime guarantee.

Now I see this evening that the NHS in Wales is prepared to remove & replace the PIP implants for all women living in Wales who have them.

What upsets me as much as anything else is that I believed <snip> was an excellent clinic with extremely high standards. I now read that these implants were 10 times cheaper than other implants on the market. Yet my operation was not 10 times cheaper, in fact it was the most expensive clinic in Ireland at the time for this operation.

I'm angry with myself that I didn't ask the question about just having them replaced rupture or no rupture. I saw that one other woman went in to the surgeon with, what I presume, was her husband, and another woman went in with a friend. I just felt a bit on the back foot which is not like me. Maybe it is because of the type of surgery.....

I don't know what to do or what to insist on for the best. Any advise/help/support would be appreciated.
    Sorry this post is so long and all over the place. I'm very upset.

Dear Marguerite,

I am so glad you posted your comments.. I can identify with every one of your sentiments..
    I too chose <snip> , 6 years ago because of its reputation and also it was recommended to me.
    I visited them recently, and like you, am going to <snip> for a scan next week. Again , i was told that the implants dont need to be removed if there is no rupture.
    I received No letter in Nov 2010...

But even if all is ok, how the heck can we carry on as normal? checking every day for something odd? We need them removed, as only then will we have full confidience.
    <snip> came out yesterday, saying they would offer replacements..
    Completely stressed!!!!

Jakitto wrote: »
    Hy Ladies
    I had my implants placed in <snip> by <snip> in 2003. Where do i start with my reaction to these faulty implants??? First off, I do not for one second believe that women who had these implants where contacted by the above mentioned company. I was completly reassured before surgery that these weer the best option to go for as i was very apprehensive about the chances of leaks with implants.
    I contacted the clinic after Christmas (i found out on Christmas day about this problem with PIP). I am STILL waiting for my records to be checked to confirm that i have PIP but they are 99% sure that i do. I am NOT happy in the least with this clinic. They are fobbing us off with an email that attempts to reassure us that there is little chance of ruptures and basically that this whole problem is being exaggerated????
    I have implants inside of me that i paid ALOT of money for, in good faith with trust in the clinic and they inserted a substandard product. They tell us that if we are showing no symptoms then we should have no concerns? so we just sit and wait for a symptom and then deal with it????. As an example- I would love to see the director of this clinic buy a car and realise at a later date that this car is faulty may or may not pose a serious and maybe life threatening risk to him or his family. So do you really think he continue to use this car and WAIT for a fault to appear or return to the company that sold it to him, hold them accountable and demand a replacement. I am so frustrated and fed up with the laid back attitude. I had the implants done as i was an A cup and had NO confidence.Yes the implants helped alot. I will have a scan on the 18th of this month, not by <snip> as i do not trust them anymore. Then i will meet a <snip> surgeon after that to discuss options. We should not have to pay for ANY removal or replacement as this should fall to the Clinic in question. I am not interested in their statistics or reassurances. I want them removed and replaced. I am not looking for compensation, just replacement and peace of mind. Is that too much to ask?.

Jakitto,

Couldnt agree more with your comments.. Lets keep focused on whats important, the removal of an usafe product .and peace of mind..
    Compensation is for another day, but not the driving force for any of us..
    Whats disappointing is the idea that the mendical profession, (private) is letting women down once again...
    I still think <snip> will come around and offer replacements. They may just need more of us to insist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Marguerite1

Hi Chip1234. Oh?!?
    So no letter from <snip> to you either?!? hmmmmm..... Well I haven't changed address. Maybe your letter slipped through the same 'net' that mind did!! I'm feeling more and more dubious about everything I'm being told by them.
    Did anyone on this thread receive a letter from <snip> in 2010 concerning the problems with PIP implants??

Also, I hope you're right and that <snip> will come around and offer replacements without rupture. You and some of the other people on the thread have put it so well, as in, do we have to go around wondering on a daily basis if they have ruptured and are leaking into our bodies?? I know how stressed you feel. I'm literally consumed by the whole thing now. But yet I didn't have the fight/confidence in me when I went for my appointment earlier this week, to insist on a replacement either way. Stupid I know. I've been trying every since to figure out how I felt and I think the word that sums it up is vulnerable.
    The support on this thread is giving me more strength and I know that I'll be in a better frame of mind when I speak to them next (after my scan). Thanks everyone.

Jean I've just joined Boards.ie today because I'm totally confused about what to do on this matter. I was in <snip> for a check up today because I have the PIP implants (from 2006). I am being sent to <snip> for a scan to ensure that there is no rupture. The surgeon believes that my implants are intact from his brief examination, but the scan will confirm either way. I assume I will have the scan within the coming week or so.

If the implants have ruptured at all, they will be removed and replaced by <snip> for free. However, I should have asked if they can be removed and replaced because of the issues that have come to light.

The surgeon also told me that, if there is no rupture I should leave them in place and that I should plan to have them replaced in 2016 either way. However, I do see from other websites that implants should come with a lifetime guarantee.

Now I see this evening that the NHS in Wales is prepared to remove & replace the PIP implants for all women living in Wales who have them.

What upsets me as much as anything else is that I believed <snip> was an excellent clinic with extremely high standards. I now read that these implants were 10 times cheaper than other implants on the market. Yet my operation was not 10 times cheaper, in fact it was the most expensive clinic in Ireland at the time for this operation.

I'm angry with myself that I didn't ask the question about just having them replaced rupture or no rupture. I saw that one other woman went in to the surgeon with, what I presume, was her husband, and another woman went in with a friend. I just felt a bit on the back foot which is not like me. Maybe it is because of the type of surgery.....

I don't know what to do or what to insist on for the best. Any advise/help/support would be appreciated.
    Sorry this post is so long and all over the place. I'm very upset.

hi

I was told mine were forever implants im really worried.I have two small children and in the lst year have had swelling in between my breasts and under my arms.I'm actually afraid to go to the docs.My surgeon says I have nothing to worry about but can you really trust these people now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jakitto

Larleane28, there are quite obviously women who have these implants and who are already distressed posting in this thread for support and advice.

If you want to argue the pro's and con's of elective surgery - please do so in another thread/forum.
    Well said Ickle Magoo!
    No one is asking the 'Taxpayers' to pay for this problem, we are on this site to voice our concerns and chat to others in the same situation. You dont like to think that anyone else is worrying like this but it helps to get feedback and see how others are dealing with this.
    I didnt get them to play 'lets pretend'!! i could go on here but it may not be printable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jakitto

021tanya
    that's great news! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Marguerite1

callyz32 wrote: »
    hi

I was told mine were forever implants im really worried.I have two small children and in the lst year have had swelling in between my breasts and under my arms.I'm actually afraid to go to the docs.My surgeon says I have nothing to worry about but can you really trust these people now?

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Can I ask you if you have the PIP implants? And also where you had your surgery?
    Best Wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nettie80

Hiya,

I too found out that I have the PIP implants. I was hoping to hear from anyone in the Galway area who have had theirs done through <snip>. I have already spoken with them regarding my options and they have said they would remove the implants free of charge, however I would have to foot the bill for the replacements. They are doing the surgery in Dublin in ONE DAY! So its in and out on the same day. Im not happy about this as anyone who has had implants will know how painful it was and being groggy and out of it for a good 24 hours. Surely you would have to be kept in for observation.

Im angry at the thought of having to pay for the replacements as through research, I have found that in medical circles, PIP implants were widely known to be a cheap and lesser grade quality. I paid almost 6000 euros and they are offering to replace them for 3000. I feel like they are trying to cut corners by expecting women to get it done in one day with no over night stay in a hospital for observation. I am interested in getting them replaced for my own piece of mind as I would expect having paid alot of money, to get the best care available. I find that clinics around ireland regardless of who they were, have a moral obligation to look after their patients and replace them free of charge. I was told that my implants were guaranteed for 10-12 years (had them for 3 years now) so surely we should have some sort of a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Hello all you ladies out there. Not very familiar with boards.ie so please bear with me. First of all, I'm one of the unfortunates as well with these dreaded PIP implants. Almost 5 years in at this stage and attended <snip>. I'm trying to read through all the posts to familiarise myself with everyone's situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Jakitto, if you have an issue with a post or poster then use the report function (the red triangle with the exclamation mark in the bottom left of posts) - otherwise please try to ignore any posts you view as inflammatory so the threads don't get dragged off topic/into squabbles and if you wish to comment on a moderator action please do so via Private Message.

For anyone who hasn't already done so the guide to posting on this site can be found HERE and the charter pertinent to this particular forum HERE.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

Hi girls so glad i found you all I have been on the net every night till late try to find any sort of support. I had my surgery with the <snip> in Dublin in 2006. I have been try to get conformaton from them since mid dec if I am a PIP patient. All s i got back was a mail to say' given the date of my operation it was likely i have PIP implants but they can t say 100% as they did not have my file to hand'.
    I am so fustrated I have been on to them nearly every day and now the e mail address has been cut off:mad: Phone line is constantly engaged:mad: They now have a Qand A page set up, which informed me to get a scan privately as they can not do it and then IF a repture is found they will see me. Also that because my surgery was over two year ago I will have to pay anywhere from 1800-3000 sterling to have them removed and replaced (i just dont have that sort of money)

i never got any letter from them about any recall same as alot of women here.

I've been on to the IMB almost every day and have e mail the minister of health s office daily trying to get some information. I was always very private about my surgery not alot of people know about it but now I am just so fustrated that nothing is being done in ireland. Am also truely shocked by the air of disapproval i have been met with when i contacted by gp about what to do. She told me that i could get a scan through breast check but i would not be welcomed there. I agreed with her that i do not want to take an appointment from any other women in need of a breast check, she told me i would then need to go and get a private scan for 189 euro and then go back to <snip>. I was gob smacked that is money i just do not have. Then I thought later hang on I ve done nothing wrong I don't deserve disapproval. If I smoked 20 cigs a day and had a suspected serious problem with my lungs would i be treated the same?

I m so sorry about the rant I am just so over tired from worrying about it all, I should have be enjoying christmas and new year with my husband and little girl instead i spent it in panic

Any advice you girls have would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saranna

Hi Ladies,I am new to this I joined to try find out how to go about this implant issue,I had mine done in Clane in 2005 and I have also been informed that I too have these Pip implants.<snip> are referring me to <snip> and if there is no rupture they are leaving the implants in,but I am so scared after reading all the stories I want them replaced but I dont think I should have to cough up that cash again:mad:

Hi Ladies, ok I've had time now to go through everyone's situation and stories, and it's truly a horrible situation we all find ourselves in. But comforting that we've found each other and can support and advise each other also. There is strength in numbers and we all have to stick together and be strong against our clinics and surgeons. We won't be ignored and we need the situation to be resolved. Personally I want them removed and replaced with top quality replacements so I can get back to living my life normally again. Like all of you I'm sure, I'm very worried, anxious, stressed and wake up in the morning with the same thought as I go to bed with.........will they rupture today, what happens if that industrial grade silicone leaks into my lymph nodes? We should not have to live our lives like this, as ticking time bombs. Nobody can function properly on a daily basis with these worries.
    I met with my surgeon in <snip> last week, and felt a little better after speaking with him and being examined. I was told my breast implants were fine. My husband also came with me for support and grilled the surgeon. I was then told I'd be sent for an ultrasound in <snip> to double check there were no ruptures. All went well and results were clear. Again left feeling a little more relieved. But in light of the last week in the media, the news, The Late Late Show and more recently a programme last night on UTV/ITV, there is no doubt in my mind that these implants MUST be removed and replaced by the clinic/surgeon who put them in. They have a moral duty towards their patients to do so. At this moment in time, I'm not interested in compensation claims and only putting my health first, I owe it to myself and my family to be happy and healthy like I was before all this news broke during Christmas week. According to other UK surgeons, they were aware of the potential problems with PIP implants back in 2005 so why the hell did the surgeons in THIS country do nothing about it, and follow up with the supplier, and STILL continue to use these implants. According to one leading UK surgeon and an American surgeon, these PIP implants with the industrial grade of silicone/filler they have in them, ARE NOT MEANT TO BE INSERTED INTO THE HUMAN BODY. A wrong has been done to us all, a faulty, unsafe product with risks to our future health has been put into our bodies. Now when I chose to undergo this surgery I was aware of the implications, complications etc, but in fairness I made sure and chose my surgeon and clinic because of the high reputation they both had. I expected the product to be of equal quality also, and was assured they would not leak and they were of a high standard, CE APPROVED etc. I'm so disappointed with <snip> and the surgeon for using such a cheap product. At the time I can tell you (in 2007) the procedure was not cheap,even though they were using the cheapest implant on the market. Of course I wasn't aware of that at the time, it's only come to light in the last 2weeks or so.
    I have written a letter to my surgeon and have told him how concerned and worried I still am about my body and the implants and how I cannot go on like this, even though I do not have any ruptures. I do not expect to have to pay for the removal and replacement of these. I do think the surgeon is a man of his word and I think he has a strong committment towards his patients, and will help us. Shellbabe10 I believe him if he says that the silicone will not leak into your bloodstream, so try not worry about it, easier said than done I know. <snip> up until now had a great reputation and the surgeon also, who happens to be medical director of <snip> by the way. So I will keep you all posted if I get a reply to my letter. Put it this way I'll be ringing him next week if I don't hear back. I did get a letter from <snip> in Nov 2010 telling me my implants might be susceptible to rupture but that if I had no lumps or problems, that I shouldn't worry about it, so I didn't. But what I was NOT told was about the recall of the implants which they knew about back in March 2010. Unacceptable we were not told or contacted about this. Nettie in Galway, you are right, there's no way you should be stuck on a conveyor belt so to speak to have them removed and replaced, and you should not have to pay for it either!!! What's the situation with your clinic? Girls who've had them done with <snip>, they are an absolute disgrace but you'll have to keep fighting. No way should anyone be out of pocket going to their GP, or pay for an ultrasound. The clinic should be footing this bill for you. However do keep all receipts, paperwork and any correspondence you send off or receive for future reference.
    If one of us go and pay for removal and replacement, well then it's just setting the precedent for the rest of us then. Girls DO NOT PAY for this. The clinics are just using this as a money earner as they know we're all vulnerable, but for most of us, the money just isn't there any more to fund this. The clinic/surgeon should be footing the bill, isn't that what insurance is for? Might do no harm either to email Dr James Reilly, our Minister for Health and see what he plans to do to help us. Every other country's government is sitting up and taking notice so why are we being forgotten about.
    Girls I'm sorry for going on, but I just wanted to share my info with you all. The best thing we can do is to remain positive, bombard the IRISH MEDICAL BOARD, THE MINISTER FOR HEALTH AND THE CLINICS with letters, emails etc so they will take notice of us, if that fails maybe it's time to ring the radio stations or get in touch with Tubridy. But lets not be bullied by the clinics to fork out more money. They have to put their wrong RIGHT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrsMarkOwen

Hi Girls
    <snip> did my implants in 2005 in <snip>. I was trying to contact <snip> for weeks and only received an email with a list of questions and answers. I rang <snip> this morning and asked for my medical records, they wouldnt give me the info, telling me to contact the <snip> so I had strong words with them telling them that the <snip> were not contacting me so they agreed to send them to my GP instead..however i got a call from <snip> within half an hour and they made an appointment for me to see the surgeon on the 23rd of this month. Like you all im very worried and feel like my health is in their hands...:mad:

021tanya wrote: »
    Ya am also delighted 4 u. :):)

Hi Ladies,

I was told by my consultant during the week that I have pip implants and require surgery. However what is also really important is to get the right legal advice and I have jsut found out that Dublin Law Firm Lavelle Coleman have set up a Group Action for Women impacted by PIP and will legally represent our cause. Give them a call on Monday to find out more and what our legal entitlements are.

Hi Girls
    <snip> did my implants in 2005 in <snip>. I was trying to contact <snip> for weeks and only received an email with a list of questions and answers. I rang <snip> this morning and asked for my medical records, they wouldnt give me the info, telling me to contact <snip> so I had strong words with them telling them that <snip> were not contacting me so they agreed to send them to my GP instead..however i got a call from <snip> within half an hour and they made an appointment for me to see the surgeon on the 23rd of this month. Like you all im very worried and feel like my health is in their hands...:mad:

god they are unreal, that where i was too, maybe i will trying calling the hospital on monday too if that is the only way to get <snip> to answer me!:mad:

pixie jean - just read your post there, eveything you are saying is right, we need to be heard, thank you your words are pushing me to keep going. <snip> need to respond to us and give us some answer.

i have been mailing the minister for health on a daily basis, yesterday i got a reply from a <snip> ask for all response from <snip> (i forgot to attach them to my mail in my anger mailing him) My suggestion is that we all mail him minister's_office@health.irlgov.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Poppygal

Ladies Ladies ladies, I sympathise with you all but you NEED to do more than make endless calls to clinics/hospitals who are showing you such a severe lack of respect and don’t even have the courtesy to answer your calls!! You need to make some noise. They knowingly put all of you at risk with a view to upping their profits. And now they have the audacity to suggest they will charge YOU to right their wrong.
    You are dealing with a different league of people now, you need to change your approach. What do you imagine is keeping these people awake at night...I don’t imagine it’s a conscience! More likely how much this neglect might cost them. They will do anything and everything in their power to deny any responsibility. Don’t forget they knew about this at 10 months ago and have added insult to injury (quite literally) by not even having the courtesy to clarify and contact who may be at risk!!!
    We seem to be a nation of people who take great lengths to avoid a Public fuss and much rather suffer in silence in the quiet of our homes behind closed doors. This is exactly what <snip>, <snip> and any other guilty clinics are hoping for. You NEED to start making some noise. Name and shame. Get on the radio, get others in the same position together, take them on as a group or at the very least share information. What percentage of affected women knows about or uses boards.ie., a small percentage of the 1500 I would image. Strength in numbers, it will soooo increase your chances of a better outcome.
    And just as importantly, get legal advice. This won’t cost you anything. I can guarantee you, any of the solicitors already listed on this thread will be more than happy to offer you advice.
    I am one of the lucky ones, PIP free implants. But boy oh boy would I be making a racket now and taking these bastards head on if I were in your shoes.
    Finally, remember, you sought out what you perceived to be the best possible clinic for your op. I don’t know of <snip> but <snip> have a serious reputation, if you start making some noise, you will surely get their attention and force them to start treating you with the respect each and every one of you deserves, even if it is only for damage limitation with regard to their reputation.
    Good luck to you all x

Good luck to you all and if I can do anything to help let me know

Poppygal wrote: »
    Ladies Ladies ladies, I sympathise with you all but you NEED to do more than make endless calls to clinics/hospitals who are showing you such a severe lack of respect and don’t even have the courtesy to answer your calls!! You need to make some noise. They knowingly put all of you at risk with a view to upping their profits. And now they have the audacity to suggest they will charge YOU to right their wrong.
    You are dealing with a different league of people now, you need to change your approach. What do you imagine is keeping these people awake at night...I don’t imagine it’s a conscience! More likely how much this neglect might cost them. They will do anything and everything in their power to deny any responsibility. Don’t forget they knew about this at 10 months ago and have added insult to injury (quite literally) by not even having the courtesy to clarify and contact who may be at risk!!!
    We seem to be a nation of people who take great lengths to avoid a Public fuss and much rather suffer in silence in the quiet of our homes behind closed doors. This is exactly what <snip>, <snip> and any other guilty clinics are hoping for. You NEED to start making some noise. Name and shame. Get on the radio, get others in the same position together, take them on as a group or at the very least share information. What percentage of affected women knows about or uses boards.ie., a small percentage of the 1500 I would image. Strength in numbers, it will soooo increase your chances of a better outcome.
    And just as importantly, get legal advice. This won’t cost you anything. I can guarantee you, any of the solicitors already listed on this thread will be more than happy to offer you advice.
    I am one of the lucky ones, PIP free implants. But boy oh boy would I be making a racket now and taking these bastards head on if I were in your shoes.
    Finally, remember, you sought out what you perceived to be the best possible clinic for your op. I don’t know of <snip> but <snip> have a serious reputation, if you start making some noise, you will surely get their attention and force them to start treating you with the respect each and every one of you deserves, even if it is only for damage limitation with regard to their reputation.
    Good luck to you all x

Good luck to you all and if I can do anything to help let me know
    Thank you for ur support and kind words just to let you know i will not be letting this drop i hav contactd a solicitor and am totally outraged with <snip> and the irish officials who just want to sweep this matter under the carpet i will fight this till the end

• Advertisement

renvyle91 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

I was told by my consultant during the week that I have pip implants and require surgery. However what is also really important is to get the right legal advice and I have jsut found out that Dublin Law Firm Lavelle Coleman have set up a Group Action for Women impacted by PIP and will legally represent our cause. Give them a call on Monday to find out more and what our legal entitlements are.
    Thanks for that info, we should all contact this crowd

kyra123 wrote: »
    pixie jean - just read your post there, eveything you are saying is right, we need to be heard, thank you your words are pushing me to keep going. <snip> need to respond to us and give us some answer.

i have been mailing the minister for health on a daily basis, yesterday i got a reply from a <snip> ask for all response from the <snip> (i forgot to attach them to my mail in my anger mailing him) My suggestion is that we all mail him minister's_office@health.irlgov.ie
    Thanks Kyra, and thanks for that email address, I also found it today and rang the office, no answer though from his phone. I then rang the Dept. of Health and the receptionist told me he does read all his mails, and that we could make an appointment to see him also. Good idea though if all of us who are affected could send an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Smart Sally

You need also to get proper legal advice . I am one of the 1500 women and I just found out about Lavelle Coleman a Dublin law firm who are setting up a group action team to help us . These guys gave a serious reputation so talk to them first thing on Monday . Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

heffo500, post deleted.

If you have no mature, constructive comment to add to the discussion, kindly refrain from posting.

Any issues with posts or posters should be reported to moderators via the report button (red triangle with exclamation mark in bottom left). Please be aware that indulging in petty squabbles or insulting other posters can result in warnings, infractions or even bans.

If anyone hasn't already done so, please can you take the time to read the forum charter.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Anyone else think <snip> are getting a few staff to post comments in this thread to try and cash in?

Very surprised by negative reaction towards people looking to claim. Regardless of reasons behind surgery people paid for a service which was performed in a negligent manner.

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    Anyone else think <snip> are getting a few staff to post comments in this thread to try and cash in?

Very surprised by negative reaction towards people looking to claim. Regardless of reasons behind surgery people paid for a service which was performed in a negligent manner.
    Thank u god everyone ha just decided to jump on the band wagon and critisize us for having a breast augmentation which i might add has completely changed alot of womens lives for the better we paid large amount of money for this and we put our faith in what we assumed were reputable companies and to find out that they cut corners with the quality of the medical device they implanted in us just to make a quick buck is sick and inhumane if it came to light that someone was fitted with a medical device that was not up to scrath there would be outrage and immediate response from the public and the government but just because its cosmetic surgery somehow people are forgetting that this is just as upsetting and worrying and also potentially life threatening too. please spare a thought for the women who are currently pregnant and have families and whoevet else is being affected by these unsafe implants we are all people and we should be getting some response not just left to deal with this ourselves these companies have an obligation to us so dont give up maybe if we all got together and met with a represntative from the imb or with someone from the department of health maybe we could start to get somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Poppygal

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    Anyone else think <snip> are getting a few staff to post comments in this thread to try and cash in?:

Can't help but wonder if you might be referring to me :) I can assure you I have nothing to do with any legal firms or the like. I am someone who had OP done in 2007 with <snip>. I spent the whole of the xmas worrying if I might have these PIP implants. I am out of work and still paying for my procedure so wouldn't have been able to pay for a scan, never mind replacement. It took me over 3 weeks to find the courage to call my clinic to see if I had them. The relief was like no other to learn I didn't. I have a 3 y/o daughter and I am bringing her up on my own so the thought of my health being put at risk frightened the life out of me. And even though i have got the all clear, I am furious that yet again, the ordinary people are being treated with such disregard. I also realise that it can be extremely difficult to think clearly when your life is in turmoil as I imagine is the case for many with PIP victims, I was mearly offering some advice and suggesting what I would do, had I found myself in the PIP boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

Hi Girls
    The <snip> did my implants in 2005 in <snip>.I was trying to contact <snip> for weeks and only received an email with a list of questions and answers. I rang <snip> this morning and asked for my medical records, they wouldnt give me the info, telling me to contact <snip> so I had strong words with them telling them that <snip> were not contacting me so they agreed to send them to my GP instead..however i got a call from <snip> within half an hour and they made an appointment for me to see the surgeon on the 23rd of this month. Like you all im very worried and feel like my health is in their hands...:mad:

I did them on 2007 with <snip> . I also rang <snip> few times yest and she said she will contact <snip> and will ask them to contact me , but they never did !!! Then she said I can ask my solicitor to request my medical notes .. Its so frustrating I am so excausted ... I was offered a surgeon in <snip> only on 23rd of febr .. I can't wait that long I am going crazy here !! Did you got your bad news through email from <snip> , I did not recieve any letters , I recieved an email on 9th of january at 6.30pm that most likely I have PIP .

saulite wrote: »
    Hi Girls
    The <snip> did my implants in 2005 in <snip>.I was trying to contact <snip> for weeks and only received an email with a list of questions and answers. I rang <snip> this morning and asked for my medical records, they wouldnt give me the info, telling me to contact <snip> so I had strong words with them telling them that <snip> were not contacting me so they agreed to send them to my GP instead..however i got a call from <snip> within half an hour and they made an appointment for me to see the surgeon on the 23rd of this month. Like you all im very worried and feel like my health is in their hands...:mad:

I did them on 2007 with <snip> . I also rang <snip> few times yest and she said she will contact <snip> and will ask them to contact me , but they never did !!! Then she said I can ask my solicitor to request my medical notes .. Its so frustrating I am so excausted ... I was offered a surgeon in <snip> only on 23rd of febr .. I can't wait that long I am going crazy here !! Did you got your bad news through email from <snip> , I did not recieve any letters , I recieved an email on 9th of january at 6.30pm that most likely I have PIP .

I had mine with <snip> in <snip> also in jan 2007 i hv been in contact with them since dec last year and they still havent confirmed it i hav my solicitor requesting my med records and also went to my gp yesterday an she said she didnot want to send me for an unnecessary scan until i had confirmation so i contacted <snip> yet again and they said they wanted me to go for a scan an that someone from tje dublin clinic would contact me before the end of the day to arrange it i never heard a thing from them!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

Hi I also got a letter to say that I more than likely have PIP Implants don't know what to do should I contact my clinic or GP?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement